Options

How you feeling right now???

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    relaxed
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    sleepy
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    A little hungover. Did a cruise to nowhere with the girls last night....lots of alcohol was involved!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    A little hungover. Did a cruise to nowhere with the girls last night....lots of alcohol was involved!
    ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    tired
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,308
    disillusioned
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    A few hours ago I felt like I was punched in the gut. After a night with my mom and some SoCo's...I feel much better. Scared and excited, but ready to face the next chapter in my life :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    opening new chapters is good for ya.

most people never get the chance.

enjoy!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    not in the mood to be at work..
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    annoyed
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    anxious!!

:fp:

• Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    A few hours ago I felt like I was punched in the gut. After a night with my mom and some SoCo's...I feel much better. Scared and excited, but ready to face the next chapter in my life :D
    I hope all is well!!!

I've experienced many different new chapters in my life, some carefully planned out, some very unexpected. As I reflect on my life, I have found that every new chapter has helped to shape me in a new and beautiful way (no matter how painful they may have seemed at the time).

If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you.
  • Options
    yeah speaking of new chapters, i have a long commute to and from work and it leaves a lot of time to think and reflect. i got home yesterday and posted this as my facebook status. i realized that decisions, no matter how small, can really alter the course of your life.

"one of the benefits, if you can call it that, of a long commute is it gives me time to think about things. today's subject was adult life in general. it seems to me that if i reduce it down to the simplest explanation, life is nothing more than a giant choose-your-own-adventure book. every decision, no matter how impulse, how mundane, how stupid, or how thought out, can have a significant impact on your life. i am starting to see how everything is connected and how most decisions lead to more decisions to be made. it is kind of funny how it all works out, but at the same time it is kinda scary how everything important can hinge on choosing correctly."

• Options
    yeah speaking of new chapters, i have a long commute to and from work and it leaves a lot of time to think and reflect. i got home yesterday and posted this as my facebook status. i realized that decisions, no matter how small, can really alter the course of your life.

"one of the benefits, if you can call it that, of a long commute is it gives me time to think about things. today's subject was adult life in general. it seems to me that if i reduce it down to the simplest explanation, life is nothing more than a giant choose-your-own-adventure book. every decision, no matter how impulse, how mundane, how stupid, or how thought out, can have a significant impact on your life. i am starting to see how everything is connected and how most decisions lead to more decisions to be made. it is kind of funny how it all works out, but at the same time it is kinda scary how everything important can hinge on choosing correctly."
    BEAUTIFUL!

About 6 months ago I chose incorrectly. STUPID decision. Big consequences. It immediately sent me into a week long depression, no eating, crying endlessly, no sleeping. I had to choose to snap out of it, except what I chose to do and the consequences of it (and fully change!). It has set me on a new and more positive course :) Since accepting this new mindset, I can now look back and laugh my ass off with friends regarding this situation.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
  • Options
    jbarbian wrote:

BEAUTIFUL!

About 6 months ago I chose incorrectly. STUPID decision. Big consequences. It immediately sent me into a week long depression, no eating, crying endlessly, no sleeping. I had to choose to snap out of it, except what I chose to do and the consequences of it (and fully change!). It has set me on a new and more positive course :) Since accepting this new mindset, I can now look back and laugh my ass off with friends regarding this situation.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
    yeah the more i thought about it, the more i realized that making decisions just became much more complicated. i am more of an impulse person and do things on a whim most times. i figure you only live once, right? consequences be damned. i am at kind of a crossroads now and i can keep being that way, or i can be more mature and deliberate about things. the thought of that to me is scary.

glad you were able to bounce back from that wrong decision. was it one of those where you choose in the choose your own adventure book, read what happens next, and want to go back and take the other choice?? in the book you can do that, in life unfortunately we can't.

• Options
    yeah the more i thought about it, the more i realized that making decisions just became much more complicated. i am more of an impulse person and do things on a whim most times. i figure you only live once, right? consequences be damned. i am at kind of a crossroads now and i can keep being that way, or i can be more mature and deliberate about things. the thought of that to me is scary.

glad you were able to bounce back from that wrong decision. was it one of those where you choose in the choose your own adventure book, read what happens next, and want to go back and take the other choice?? in the book you can do that, in life unfortunately we can't.
    YES If it were to be a part of a choose your own adventure book, I would go back and choose a different adventure. That is part of what consumed my mind the following week. "If only I had..., I should have..., I want to go back in time... Part of the acceptance for me was recognizing that I can't go back in time, so how do I move forward. No one was hurt in my adventure (thank GOD).

I have always lived on impulse. Two kids, marriage, divorce, dropped out of two colleges all before the age of 24. New college,even my Master's degree, ALL impulse. I have always loved that about myself. Now that I am older, I have realized (only in the last 6 months) that some times I do need to stop and think things through. Some things. Lately I have been asking, will I get hurt physically or could I hurt others. I'm still allowing for impulsive decisions, minor ones though.
  • Options
    jbarbian wrote:
    YES If it were to be a part of a choose your own adventure book, I would go back and choose a different adventure. That is part of what consumed my mind the following week. "If only I had..., I should have..., I want to go back in time... Part of the acceptance for me was recognizing that I can't go back in time, so how do I move forward. No one was hurt in my adventure (thank GOD).

I have always lived on impulse. Two kids, marriage, divorce, dropped out of two colleges all before the age of 24. New college,even my Master's degree, ALL impulse. I have always loved that about myself. Now that I am older, I have realized (only in the last 6 months) that some times I do need to stop and think things through. Some things. Lately I have been asking, will I get hurt physically or could I hurt others. I'm still allowing for impulsive decisions, minor ones though.
    this is all part of evolving. i know i am gonna do 3 things every day. i am gonna wake up, inhale/exhale, and make a mistake of some kind. it is just the fact of my life. i know those things are gonna happen. have impulse decisions put me where i am today? pretty much so. i wish i could go back and re-choose at certain points in my life, but overall i am glad that things happened the way they did because it brought me to where i am right now. i am in a very good frame of mind at the moment. some good things have happened to me recently, so i am trying really hard to make the right choices so that i don't screw it up, as i have been known to do.

you sound like me. i don't ever want to hurt anyone, and unfortunately some of my decisions have hurt people in the past. i regret that things happened that way, but everything happens for a reason. most times i think it happens to be a lesson to me and how to learn from my poor choices.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited August 2013

I think about that a lot, and it never fails to blow my mind. I mean, literally, a decision to change a shirt before going out or to wear shoes you have to tie instead of slip ons or taking the stairs instead of the escalator can be a matter of life or death. I know that I changed the entire course of my life by not waiting an extra 20 seconds before getting up from a table to use the washroom. :shock: Never knowing which decision or action is going to impact you until the day you die is what keeps life interesting, but I also find it a little fucked up. :lol: Can't think about it too much or I'll be second guessing my every move. It could drive a person crazy, really. Not just thinking about how things wouldn't have happened a certain way if if if, but also what might have been if if if. It can really get to people if they over think it. Especially since we have zero way of knowing if things would have been better or worse had we not been impulsive or if we HAD been impulsive. That's why I think all we can really do is to try and do what feels right... trust your instincts and hope for the best.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I think about that a lot, and it never fails to blow my mind. I mean, literally, a decision to change a shirt before going out or to wear shoes you have to tie instead of slip ons or taking the stairs instead of the escalator can be a matter of life or death. I know that I changed the entire course of my life by not waiting an extra 20 seconds before getting up from a table to use the washroom. :shock: Never knowing which decision or action is going to impact you until the day you die is what keeps life interesting, but I also find it a little fucked up. :lol: Can't think about it too much or I'll be second guessing my every move.
    i agree. i mean, my life would be completely different right now if i did not go to wrigley. me making that trip was a simple decision, but come that sunday i didn't want to leave. these were good consequences i think. i mean, if i made the trip and did not attend the preparties things would not have gone down like they did. if i had waited for a cab on a different corner things would have been different. had you not worn jeans that friday you would have been more comfortable :P :P see, every decision can impact your life.

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I think about that a lot, and it never fails to blow my mind. I mean, literally, a decision to change a shirt before going out or to wear shoes you have to tie instead of slip ons or taking the stairs instead of the escalator can be a matter of life or death. I know that I changed the entire course of my life by not waiting an extra 20 seconds before getting up from a table to use the washroom. :shock: Never knowing which decision or action is going to impact you until the day you die is what keeps life interesting, but I also find it a little fucked up. :lol: Can't think about it too much or I'll be second guessing my every move.
    By nature I tend to think things through, plan things out, prepare for as much of life as I can...down to the tiny details (I mean really, it's overkill sometimes...my co-workers love it, but it can drive my family and friends nutty sometimes :lol: ). But then there are moments, especially with really big life decisions, that I act more impulsively, or more on gut. Fortunately those decisions have typically turned out to be good ones. It's always trying to find that balance between the rational mind and the emotional mind and trusting to choose directly. I can get stuck in over-thinking things too much and that's when I try to trust my gut.

Anyway...today I am feeling really really low on energy. This usually only happens when I'm getting sick :?

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    i agree. i mean, my life would be completely different right now if i did not go to wrigley. me making that trip was a simple decision, but come that sunday i didn't want to leave. these were good consequences i think. i mean, if i made the trip and did not attend the preparties things would not have gone down like they did. if i had waited for a cab on a different corner things would have been different. had you not worn jeans that friday you would have been more comfortable :P :P see, every decision can impact your life.

:fp: God dammit! :lol: I didn't think it would be THAT hot when I put my pants on! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    By nature I tend to think things through, plan things out, prepare for as much of life as I can...down to the tiny details (I mean really, it's overkill sometimes...my co-workers love it, but it can drive my family and friends nutty sometimes :lol: ). But then there are moments, especially with really big life decisions, that I act more impulsively, or more on gut. Fortunately those decisions have typically turned out to be good ones. It's always trying to find that balance between the rational mind and the emotional mind and trusting to choose directly. I can get stuck in over-thinking things too much and that's when I try to trust my gut.

Anyway...today I am feeling really really low on energy. This usually only happens when I'm getting sick :?
    i am one of those annoying heart on sleeve kind of guys. many times i make decisions with my heart and end up royally screwing up, but i think i have better success more frequently going with my heart. sometimes i am really thankful that my heart seems to be a better guide than my mind. and then sometimes i get burned by it...

i hope you are not getting sick!

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :fp: God dammit! :lol: I didn't think it would be THAT hot when I put my pants on! :lol:
    now you know. and as shown on my chart, knowing is half the battle...

gi_joe_-_knowing_is_half_the_battle.png

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

when in doubt, always take the pants off :lol:

• Options

i am one of those annoying heart on sleeve kind of guys. many times i make decisions with my heart and end up royally screwing up, but i think i have better success more frequently going with my heart. sometimes i am really thankful that my heart seems to be a better guide than my mind. and then sometimes i get burned by it...

I go with my heart too... I don't have a way of knowing if that's been for better or worse, but I think it is at least probably a more fulfilling way of going through life, so that's something.
  • Options

Hopefully even when we get burned, there is a lesson in it. Sometimes I think i've been burned, and then I realize it was all just a lesson in the chapter.

Thank you! Having soup right now. Wound up taking a 4 hour nap and could absolutely not get up :? No fever though [will shrug]

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I go with my heart too... I don't have a way of knowing if that's been for better or worse, but I think it is at least probably a more fulfilling way of going through life, so that's something.
    it is fulfilling. there is a certain kind or romance in that i think.

• Options
    Hopefully even when we get burned, there is a lesson in it. Sometimes I think i've been burned, and then I realize it was all just a lesson in the chapter.

Thank you! Having soup right now. Wound up taking a 4 hour nap and could absolutely not get up :? No fever though [will shrug]
    Hi Sweetcheeks!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Hi Sweetcheeks!!!
    Hi Speedy!!! :wave: I think I need some of your chicken noodle soup right about now :)

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

when in doubt, always take the pants off :lol:
    Just be sure you can get them back on again... that was a close one for me. Literally almost went to the Wrigley show pantsless. :lol: