Stay Classy black friday shoppers

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    norm wrote:
    i can see chad going to a black friday sale with a sock full of quarters swinging it at people like he's hiking in the rainforest with a machete :lol:
    :lol:

ha. funny visual there, norm. i swear to god these folks are nuts. dangerous too actually. now let's fill our socks with quarters and get our butts to wal-mart. hopefully the wal-mart has a mcdonalds inside so we can get real stupid up in there. nuttin like pushin kids and old people around for a bullshit cheese burger and fries next to the jewelry section.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    chadwick wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i can see chad going to a black friday sale with a sock full of quarters swinging it at people like he's hiking in the rainforest with a machete :lol:

ha. funny visual there, norm. i swear to god these folks are nuts. dangerous too actually. now let's fill our socks with quarters and get our butts to wal-mart. hopefully the wal-mart has a mcdonalds inside so we can get real stupid up in there. nuttin like pushin kids and old people around for a bullshit cheese burger and fries next to the jewelry section.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

i'm done christmas shopping....

just ordered up the boots that the woman wanted....to drive the point home, she gave me 14 pages of print outs related to the boot. i wish that was a joke. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

just ordered up the boots that the woman wanted....to drive the point home, she gave me 14 pages of print outs related to the boot. i wish that was a joke. :(

well at least she'll be surprised :? :lol:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

well at least she'll be surprised :? :lol:

funny thing is, even when she gives me a list, i'm the master of playing dumb...or she is the master of acting suprised.

hmm

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

funny thing is, even when she gives me a list, i'm the master of playing dumb...or she is the master of acting suprised.

hmm

i'm sure she's acting surprised but, c'mon, you're not "playing" dumb ;) :P :lol:
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    chadwick wrote:
    back and black came out around 1980 or something. old and a must for countless millions. probably the greatest selling rock album of all time. me personally, i've heard 'em all enough and i need a break.

wal-mart edits movies and music. they do not sell anything w/ any sort of profanity.

my korn cd i bought at a used music store was originally purchased at wal-mart. it totally fucks over the cd. why would korn allow wal-mart to sell their music? maybe korn does not even have a say in the matter?

black friday is where the herd dwell. the smart choice in this life is to not be a sheep in the herd.
    +100! I agree on all counts--particularly the Korn cd (and the herd thing)! ACDC--I think I had the cassette, but it was so overplayed years ago that who needs it. I really dislike edited movies, music, anything.
    I would hope they would have a say in the matter, but I don't know.
  • Someone got shot in a parking lot at a local Walmart:

http://wap.ktvu.com/wap/news/text.jsp?s ... =Top+Story

There is no deal or special that is worth risking your life over, or taking time away from a day that is meant to honor what is REALLY important. Like family and friends and food and booze. Hello!
    Newch91 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    I was at Walmart last night with my aunt and one of my uncle's friends and a lady brought her lawn chair inside to sit right in front of a product that was going on sale at 10. Another lady had her entire cart full of DVDs, up to the top.
    that is freaking nuts! I have never gone shopping on black friday, and never plan to. It reminds me of a greedy ant farm.
    Yep. My first time ever going. Where they had the TVs, people were pushing and shoving, a small fight broke out, and people were snatching stuff from other people right after the 10:00 stuff went on sale. The electronics section was a nightmare for the 12:00 sales.
    wow. That's just straight up craziness. I like to avoid at all cost. :mrgreen:
    Someone got shot in a parking lot at a local Walmart:

http://wap.ktvu.com/wap/news/text.jsp?s ... =Top+Story

There is no deal or special that is worth risking your life over, or taking time away from a day that is meant to honor what is REALLY important. Like family and friends and food and booze. Hello!
    :lol: word.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... kywyGoQ2yU

Mind you this is a riot. For a waffle maker. A $2 waffler maker so you KNOW it'll last forever and become an heirloom piece to be cherished by generations :roll:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gkywyGoQ2yU

Mind you this is a riot. For a waffle maker. A $2 waffler maker so you KNOW it'll last forever and become an heirloom piece to be cherished by generations :roll:

i think you're underestimating just how fucking good a homemade waffle can be! :P :lol:

and did that woman lose her pants? that was more ass crack that i needed to see today :shock:
  • norm wrote:

i think you're underestimating just how fucking good a homemade waffle can be! :P :lol:

and did that woman lose her pants? that was more ass crack that i needed to see today :shock:
    Hey I love me a fresh waffle, last hotel I stayed at had one in the breakfast buffet area, it was boss!

It's Walmart, plumber pants are the standard issue uniform for shoppers there I think lol
    It's Walmart, plumber pants are the standard issue uniform for shoppers there I think lol

was her tramp stamp kinda high? or has she just gained weight since her stripping days and it move upwards? :think:

clearly, i have a lot of questions on black friday :wave:
    81 wrote:

:) This is to be SURE that you get the right ones.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    EmBleve wrote:
    81 wrote:

:) This is to be SURE that you get the right ones.

either that or he's messed up waaaay too many times before ... :lol::lol:
  • I'm sore and not from being trampled in the stores, but rather from a six-mile walk/run I did this morning while many Americans were embarrassing themselves getting DVDs, clothes that not only were not made in this country but are things they probably don't need.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    What is Black Friday? I have never heard of it
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • stargirl69 wrote:

It is the day after Thanksgiving where stores open insanely early for shoppers seeking discounts for the holiday season. It is called "Black Friday" because the stores are expected to make a profit, which in business terms is called being in the black as opposed to being in the red when no money is made.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    stargirl69 wrote:

It is the day after Thanksgiving where stores open insanely early for shoppers seeking discounts for the holiday season. It is called "Black Friday" because the stores are expected to make a profit, which in business terms is called being in the black as opposed to being in the red when no money is made.

Oh I see,thanks for the explanation.I don't know if we have something similar here.We do have massive sales start very early Boxing Day.I'm not much of a shopper,so don't know what that would be like.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Gawker has a series of videos from last night and today.

I usually choose to stay inside. I don't even want to be on the roads with these people!

http://gawker.com/5862663/jaw+dropping-scenes-of-this-years-crazed-black-friday-crowds/gallery/1
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    So did anybody get trampled this year? It seems like every year, people beat the crap out of each other to spend money they don't have on stuff they don't need. :roll:

Happy Buy Nothing Day!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Was she wearing a beer can hat?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    iamica wrote:
    So did anybody get trampled this year? It seems like every year, people beat the crap out of each other to spend money they don't have on stuff they don't need. :roll:

Happy Buy Nothing Day!

A little boy was about to be trampled, was lifted off the ground by his grandfather, and his grandfather was swiftly picked up and slammed down on his face by police.

http://gawker.com/5862631/cops-body+slam-protective-grandpa-as-crazed-shoppers-trample-upon-grandson
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    These people make me sick. Saw about 7 tents in front of Best Buy Wednesday night and I had a strong urge to throw things at them!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    These people make me sick. Saw about 7 tents in front of Best Buy Wednesday night and I had a strong urge to throw things at them!

Pick something heavy, and for the love of god, wind up and follow through!
    oona left wrote:
    iamica wrote:

Happy Buy Nothing Day!

A little boy was about to be trampled, was lifted off the ground by his grandfather, and his grandfather was swiftly picked up and slammed down on his face by police.

http://gawker.com/5862631/cops-body+slam-protective-grandpa-as-crazed-shoppers-trample-upon-grandson

a little common sense could have gone a long way here.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Last night when I was walking into Walmart, I saw a few guys tailgating. Seeing that made the night for me.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812

i just saw this. kinda funny (in a bad way ;) )
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • While working Black Friday around oh 3:45-4am I looked around at these people and asked myself why are these people shopping at this hr? Just crazy. lol