Stay Classy black friday shoppers

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
really?
..LOS ANGELES (AP) — A woman shot pepper spray to keep shoppers from merchandise she wanted during a Black Friday sale, and 20 people suffered minor injuries, authorities said.

The incident occurred shortly after 10:20 p.m. Thursday in a crowded Los Angeles-area Walmart as shoppers hungry for deals were let inside the store.

Police said the suspect shot the pepper spray when the coverings over the items she wanted were removed.

"Somehow she was trying to use it to gain an upper hand," police Lt. Abel Parga told The Associated Press early Friday.

He said she was apparently after some electronics and used the pepper spray to keep other shoppers at bay.

Officials said 20 people suffered minor injuries. Fire department spokesman Shawn Lenske said the injuries to least 10 of them were due to " rapid crowd movement."

Parga said police were still looking for the woman.

The store remained open and those not affected by the pepper spray continued shopping.

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    best part is she took her xbox to the counter, and in all the confusion, paid for it and walked out

black friday always confirms my utter contempt for my fellow man
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    People will do anything for deals.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    no shit
    i never go shopping on black friday

and acdc sold back in black
    for walmart's black friday ads

black day indeed
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    norm wrote:
    best part is she took her xbox to the counter, and in all the confusion, paid for it and walked out

norm ... start a blog! ... hahaha
    polaris_x wrote:
    norm wrote:

:P :lol:

black firday also makes me wonder where this bad economy went to

in short, black friday makes me wonder :wave:
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Stay classy LA.

Did you see on the news last night all the people lined up for the sales saying, "Oh, yeah, I left the table before we had pie. My family's really mad."

To sit in line at a Walmart. Yeah. Classy.
    Enkidu wrote:
    Stay classy LA.

Did you see on the news last night all the people lined up for the sales saying, "Oh, yeah, I left the table before we had pie. My family's really mad."

To sit in line at a Walmart. Yeah. Classy.

but isn't that the true meaning of thanksgiving...blowing off your family and friends to get 50% off a bunch of crap you don't need?

norman fucking rockwell couldn't have painted a better picture
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I don't go anywhere near stores on black friday.

I feel there's a lot of bad energy to all the greed one sees out there. :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    norm wrote:
    but isn't that the true meaning of thanksgiving...blowing off your family and friends to get 50% off a bunch of crap you don't need?

in a way ... it's better than celebrating the arrival of columbus and his merry men of exterminators ...
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    polaris_x wrote:
    norm wrote:

in a way ... it's better than celebrating the arrival of columbus and his merry men of exterminators ...
    Ha Ha! This made me laugh...so cynical..and typically my attitude. Must be a Canadian thing.
    guitar59 wrote:
    Ha Ha! This made me laugh...so cynical..and typically my attitude. Must be a Canadian thing.

just trying to follow in the footsteps of norm's "utter contempt for his fellow man" ... haha
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,555
    norm wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    norm wrote:

:P :lol:

i know right? it's like this country's one day a year break from an awful recession. i don't get it.
    www.myspace.com
    i know right? it's like this country's one day a year break from an awful recession. i don't get it.

pretty sure between this and xmas ... personal debt jumps this time of year ...
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    polaris_x wrote:
    norm wrote:

That's Columbus Day. Thanksgiving has nothing to do with Columbus... or with Thanksgiving anymore actually. It is now, as Lewis Black once said, "Christmas Part 1" .
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

see that's how it's done...forearm shivers and elbowing grandma...that's the way to about on black friday...pepper spray is for pussies
    norm wrote:

I could see how a bad economy might actually make Black Friday worse. Granted the people hit hardest aren't going to be out shopping, but there is still going to be Christmas for most people. And with the economy being bad more people are likely to get out on Black Friday and try to get things on the cheap instead of passing in order to avoid the hassle. I also wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people were trying to buy this stuff really cheap to resale. We aren't the only people who have to deal with flippers, I've heard about quite a bit of it going on with the Amazon Black Friday deals in the past.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:

I could see how a bad economy might actually make Black Friday worse. Granted the people hit hardest aren't going to be out shopping, but there is still going to be Christmas for most people. And with the economy being bad more people are likely to get out on Black Friday and try to get things on the cheap instead of passing in order to avoid the hassle. I also wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people were trying to buy this stuff really cheap to resale. We aren't the only people who have to deal with flippers, I've heard about quite a bit of it going on with the Amazon Black Friday deals in the past.

target sold some designer shit this last summer and a ton of it ended up on ebay going for crazy prices
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    I was at Walmart last night with my aunt and one of my uncle's friends and a lady brought her lawn chair inside to sit right in front of a product that was going on sale at 10. Another lady had her entire cart full of DVDs, up to the top.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    no shit

black day indeed
    except wal-mart will edit ac/dc's music. does the album back and black have swearing in the lyrics?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Newch91 wrote:
    I was at Walmart last night with my aunt and one of my uncle's friends and a lady brought her lawn chair inside to sit right in front of a product that was going on sale at 10. Another lady had her entire cart full of DVDs, up to the top.
    that is freaking nuts! I have never gone shopping on black friday, and never plan to. It reminds me of a greedy ant farm.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    chadwick wrote:
    no shit

black day indeed
    except wal-mart will edit ac/dc's music. does the album back and black have swearing in the lyrics?
    I'm not sure, but wasn't that album out like 30 years ago? :? (and I had forgotten about that walmart editing thing).
    back and black came out around 1980 or something. old and a must for countless millions. probably the greatest selling rock album of all time. me personally, i've heard 'em all enough and i need a break.

wal-mart edits movies and music. they do not sell anything w/ any sort of profanity.

my korn cd i bought at a used music store was originally purchased at wal-mart. it totally fucks over the cd. why would korn allow wal-mart to sell their music? maybe korn does not even have a say in the matter?

black friday is where the herd dwell. the smart choice in this life is to not be a sheep in the herd.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    my korn cd i bought at a used music store was originally purchased at wal-mart. it totally fucks over the cd. why would korn allow wal-mart to sell their music? maybe korn does not even have a say in the matter?

I would think any alterations made to a Korn CD would be an improvement. ;)
    EmBleve wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    that is freaking nuts! I have never gone shopping on black friday, and never plan to. It reminds me of a greedy ant farm.
    Yep. My first time ever going. Where they had the TVs, people were pushing and shoving, a small fight broke out, and people were snatching stuff from other people right after the 10:00 stuff went on sale. The electronics section was a nightmare for the 12:00 sales.
    chadwick wrote:
    back and black came out around 1980 or something. old and a must for countless millions. probably the greatest selling rock album of all time. me personally, i've heard 'em all enough and i need a break.

wal-mart edits movies and music. they do not sell anything w/ any sort of profanity.

black friday is where the herd dwell. the smart choice in this life is to not be a sheep in the herd.
    Wasn't there a problem with Green Day and Walmart a few years ago when "21st Century Breakdown" was released?
    Newch91 wrote:
    Yep. My first time ever going. Where they had the TVs, people were pushing and shoving, a small fight broke out, and people were snatching stuff from other people right after the 10:00 stuff went on sale. The electronics section was a nightmare for the 12:00 sales.

can you imagine that? i can't. i guess people do this shit. i cannot fathom snatching something someone had in their hands or shopping cart and now it is mine. i will punch someone for that xbox that's on sale, snag it out of their little mits and run for it all the way up to the register.

incredible amounts of insanity take place during this event. because of this i am grateful i am broke. fuck it.

but i do wish i had a green sack. for that i would slap someone silly, kick them in the shin and reach into their pocket and snag their green bag. :twisted: to bad wal-mart does not sell green. :lol:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    i can see chad going to a black friday sale with a sock full of quarters swinging it at people like he's hiking in the rainforest with a machete :lol:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Black Friday has never been my thing either, but in all fairness and playing some devil's advocate here, do you think that many of the people who do go, are not well off, and are just trying to get some nice things for their families that they couldn't otherwise afford? (Maybe this is just me being naive...) I teach aerobics, and someone at class this morning told me that her son and nephew went to the super wal-mart last night, and the parking lot was so full that people were parking in the shopping center on the other side of the highway. However I didn't hear of any fights here - probably too cold!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008