I'm breaking up with my wife

2»

Comments

• i can imagine it feels like you are literally being torn apart from the inside. i definitely can.

but you will get through this for sure. you will. and things will look up again at some point. it's written in the cycle of things.

i just wish you the courage and strength to get there. try and take little steps, find comfort in small things, look ahead and try not to dwell in the past too much.

all my best,
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    damn
    at least you can go out knowing you did everything possible to fix things
    imho you went above and beyond trying to fix it
    we all hope the best for you
    peace
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    So sorry to read this

But seems to me youve done what you had to do. If she wants two guys running together that's unfair and I'm
    Sure you deserve better.

It will hurt for sometime man, but it will ease up.

Take care of yourself

I agree with this. As much as you love her and are willing to do anything for her, sadly, she is not willing to end her other relationship for you, and that is not fair. If she cannot cut ties with this other man, I think it is time to let her go and take some time for yourself. Eventually you can move on to someone who treats you the way you deserve to be treated. I know it's extremely painful because you love her so much, but it sounds like time will be your best friend for now.

Thanks for being so open; we are all here for your support. I really wish you the best... stay hopeful.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Even though it's not fair, and really hard right now, you will make it through.
    Stay strong. Keep going to therapy.
    Love, light and hugs.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,555
    sorry to hear this. it sounds like you are doing the right thing though.

hang in there. things will get better eventually. they always do.
    www.myspace.com
  • Hi guys, me again. Thank you all for your words, I've found nothing but honest opinions, comfort and support here. You're all helping me.

Not much new to tell you about the situation but my wife and I had a long talk last night. We talked about us, how we are. We haven't talked since Monday.
    I think now her issues are bigger than I thought. She told me her therapist said she's in a "vital crisis". She's questioning herself everything, from who she is to what she wants to do with her life. And I'm in the middle of that snowball. There's no way we can work things out while she's in such crisis. I think that giving ourselves some time is the only way to go.

So, we also talked about what to do next. Living together while we're on a break won't work for much longer and one of us has to move out. She wants to be the one who does it. She says she's looking for some place in our town, but I'm not sure. I think she's also thinking about moving back to her home town. Will see.

We are gonna spend the weekend together, with some friends, in a vacation place near home, hoping to have some good times. Friends will help. Let's see what happens.

A big hug to you all. Thank you friends.
  • all the best Diego..all the best...i hope all work well as u want..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Hopefully things work out in the end for the best... If the couples' counseling doesn't work you may want to try talking to someone as well. Even though she is the one in crisis mode, you still are affected as well and it might help to talk with someone about it.

It says a lot about your feelings for her that you realize she has some issues she needs to work out, most would let their anger blind them and shut their partner off completely. Let her know you are there to support her, but also let her know the relationship will change if she does not end her affair.

Best of luck.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    stay strong. hope things will work out for the best. sounds like you're hurting as much as she is so take care of yourself. talk to someone if you need to. all the best.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Old friends went through this, also trying for a child, with assistance, for years.
    For them, their split after years of marriage,
    brought them to new mates and both were blessed with a child
    within the first years of their new marriages without any medical assistance.

Some might say that was meant to be... both are still happily married now 20 years later.

If we could just see our paths it would all be so much easier
    and painless for the joys ahead.
    But we can not so faith is what we have. Have faith in your path.
    Your wife may still walk it with you.

Love can conquer all and time heals ...
    fight for love if in your heart you know you belong together,
    if not, free yourselves to love again.....

there is a fork in the road.....
  • Hi again,

How was your weekend?? I hope everything went well for you!!
    I became insane withlong intervals of horrible sanity... Edgar Allan Poe.