Options

**new** Photos Of My Posters!!!!

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Well....As promised, here are some new pictures of my posters. I have never been much of a photographer, so hopefully, they are okay for starters!

All total so far, there are 89 framed prints. I am sure I didnt get them all in the pics, but you get an idea of what I am dealing with now! I am in awe of them right now. The bright colors, the various shapes and sizes, the different tours, countries and venues! I am so glad that I decided to step up and do this.

So now comes the fun part. Deciding how to go about putting them up and where. If ANYONE has any suggestions, I am open to them all. That said, if anyone would like to fly in or drive to WA State to help me, maybe we could make a weekend of it. I will even help with airfare! Serious inquiries drop me a pm! ;)

Anyhow, hope you enjoy them so far, there will def be more in the weeks to come!

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/scottiepj/
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Wow
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    jesus, dude.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    That is an awesome set of posters!!!!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    How fun! They look great. As far as hanging, you could do:
    Chronological, venue, color, size, themes, or just random. However you do it it's going to look awesome. :)
    Edit: Where in WA? I'd sure love to see it sometime. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Yield98Yield98 Posts: 151
    Wow

That's all I got as well!
    Peace, Love, Pearl Jam

Alpine 98,00,03 TFC 99, Chicago 00,03,09(2X) St. Louis 03, Champagne 03, St. Paul 03, 06(2X), 14, Noblesville 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04,06, Thunder Bay 05, Cleveland 06, Lolla 07, Roo 08, PJ20 X2, Wrigley 13 & 16, Portland/Spokane/Seattle 13, Milwaukee 14, Fenway 18X2, Quebec City/Ottawa 22
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    mama mia!!!
  • Options
    touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    Well....As promised, here are some new pictures of my posters. I have never been much of a photographer, so hopefully, they are okay for starters!

All total so far, there are 89 framed prints. I am sure I didnt get them all in the pics, but you get an idea of what I am dealing with now! I am in awe of them right now. The bright colors, the various shapes and sizes, the different tours, countries and venues! I am so glad that I decided to step up and do this.

So now comes the fun part. Deciding how to go about putting them up and where. If ANYONE has any suggestions, I am open to them all. That said, if anyone would like to fly in or drive to WA State to help me, maybe we could make a weekend of it. I will even help with airfare! Serious inquiries drop me a pm! ;)

Anyhow, hope you enjoy them so far, there will def be more in the weeks to come!

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/scottiepj/

Nice job Scotty!
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    is that your basement?

so cool, i would plaster them everywhere, try to cover every inch of wall.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    you have your own GoldenTee machine?!?!

You have the best man-cave ever.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    Gmoney wrote:
    is that your basement?

so cool, i would plaster them everywhere, try to cover every inch of wall.

No, not my basement. It is the building that is on the second page of photos out behind my house! :)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    Wow.. I am Floored! Awesome!! :)
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    How fun! They look great. As far as hanging, you could do:
    Chronological, venue, color, size, themes, or just random. However you do it it's going to look awesome. :)
    Edit: Where in WA? I'd sure love to see it sometime. :)

I am in Spokane! About as far from you as I could be, almost! Feel free to get in touch if you ever pass through. I would love to show it to someone in person!

• Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Wow. I'm amazed! haha
    I'd love to be able to just SEE that once everything is up. Unfortunately, I live in Atlantic Canada...little far!

But hey, maybe if I'm ever in your area...:D
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I am in Spokane! About as far from you as I could be, almost! Feel free to get in touch if you ever pass through. I would love to show it to someone in person!
    Haha. If we ever make it over the mountain, count on it. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Haha. If we ever make it over the mountain, count on it. :)

You guys have a standing invitation! :)

• Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    that is simply awesome!!! you have a very fun task ahead of you as to how and where to hang them all... i have to admit... i am a bit green!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    that is simply awesome!!! you have a very fun task ahead of you as to how and where to hang them all... i have to admit... i am a bit green!

Thanks D!! Any suggestions???

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Impressive collection! Have any 1998s we could see?
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395
    Wow. Those posters look great all together like that.

Where are you going to hang them all?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Impressive collection! Have any 1998s we could see?

Sorry, no. I only have a few 98's, but those are in the "to be framed in a year or so" box. Didnt get any of those done yet. These are the ones that I had mounted already, so I chose to do these and try to save a LITTLE money on this first set.

• Options
    justam wrote:
    Wow. Those posters look great all together like that.

Where are you going to hang them all?

Hard to tell from the photos, but the room they are in is 24x30 foot, with 14 foot ceilings and they will hopefully VERY soon, be on the surrounding walls in that building. :)

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395
    Hard to tell from the photos, but the room they are in is 24x30 foot, with 14 foot ceilings and they will hopefully VERY soon, be on the surrounding walls in that building. :)

Nice!

Put up some pictures when they are on the wall. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Nice!

Put up some pictures when they are on the wall. :)

Thanks!

I am planning on trying to post some "as I go" pics to keep those who care up to date. It will def take a while to get them up, and since I am doing them myself, it may take a bit longer! hahaha...

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    damn. that's all i can say.

i would be in complete overload if i was in that room.

congrats, looks amazing!

ps-

great work with the golden tee too. i would be chilling at your place every night.
  • Options
    damn. that's all i can say.

i would be in complete overload if i was in that room.

congrats, looks amazing!

ps-

great work with the golden tee too. i would be chilling at your place every night.

I am kind of on overload now as a matter of fact. I unwrapped them this afternoon, and after that, I took the pics for this thread. All the while, I was just talking to myself. "Which ones should go up first?" "What the Hell did I get myself into?" "I dont remember buying that one." "Do I have enough room?" I have been through a lot of different emotions since the unveiling.

I LOVE the GT as well. My wife bought it for me while I was out of town last year. A nice surprise to come too for sure. It is the '97 edition. I actually try to get a round in each time I am out here. I dont have any friends to speak of, so it is just me that plays it, and I am getting pretty good! ;)

• Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    As for suggestions to hanging them:

1. You could put a band of posters all of the way around the room, in a specific order or random order.

2. You could "grid" them on one wall. Specific rows and columns. Like an excel spreadsheet. Very neat and orderly.

3. You could make a collage. Mix all different sizes, shapes, colors into different patterns. Offset them, leave gaps, fit them together like a mosaic. Very artsy.

4. You could make a photographic mosaic. The colors and paterns make an overall bigger picture.

Before you start, you should lay them out on the floor, to get an idea and a sense of what you want to do before putting all of those nail holes in the wall.

Whatever you do is gonna look awesome. I am so jealous. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    As for suggestions to hanging them:

1. You could put a band of posters all of the way around the room, in a specific order or random order.

2. You could "grid" them on one wall. Specific rows and columns. Like an excel spreadsheet. Very neat and orderly.

3. You could make a collage. Mix all different sizes, shapes, colors into different patterns. Offset them, leave gaps, fit them together like a mosaic. Very artsy.

4. You could make a photographic mosaic. The colors and paterns make an overall bigger picture.

Before you start, you should lay them out on the floor, to get an idea and a sense of what you want to do before putting all of those nail holes in the wall.

Whatever you do is gonna look awesome. I am so jealous. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will take them ALL into consideration. I was going to lay them all on the floor, but as it turns out, I dont have enough floor space with everything else that is in here. I wish there was some way that I could do it on a computer. Have little pics of all of them and be able to move them here and there. Kind of like a tiny model. I would have no idea how this would be even possible. I really like your #3 mixing all different shapes and sizes in no particular order. THANKS again!

• Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will take them ALL into consideration. I was going to lay them all on the floor, but as it turns out, I dont have enough floor space with everything else that is in here. I wish there was some way that I could do it on a computer. Have little pics of all of them and be able to move them here and there. Kind of like a tiny model. I would have no idea how this would be even possible. I really like your #3 mixing all different shapes and sizes in no particular order. THANKS again!

No problem. Not enough floor space is a good problem. I hope you are able to find the perfect thing you want. I hope to see pictures. :)
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    I hope to see pictures. :)

You will! :D

• Options
    does using mattes help keep the poster from being damaged or are they purely for looks?