Options

Alpine valley........

Comments

• Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpnPgTWCwg

Fkn awesome....one of the best moments of Night 1.

Feed us the boots already!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    YLed2 wrote:

:)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    YLed2 wrote:

:wave:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:

hello!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Best. Weekend. Ever.

:wave: to all my friends...
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Hard to believe it's been 1 year, and even harder to believe we still don't have any official boots. Spent most of the night watching youtube videos on my smart tv. Damn what a fun weekend, No Way, Pilate, It's Ok Tag, Wash, and all the TOTD stuff, and countless other awesome moments, I was fortunate enough to have in my own backyard. So thankful they decided to do this at Alpine. Can't wait till they come back again.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Happy Anniversary, everyone!
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Dear PJ,

Thank you for Release. I hadn't heard it live since my Dad passed away & it meant the world to me.

Cheers,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary, everyone!
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    I am very much hoping for a PJ25. After 20 years, every additional 5 years needs to be celebrated!!!

Like everyone else, I am wanting the boots and bluray/dvd of PJ20, but nothing can ever capture the emotion of actually being there.

I said after the show, nothing will top PJ20. Pearl Jam could play the greatest setlist in the world at any show, but the emotion, love and overall vibe from PJ20 will never be topped and it will be the greatest concert experience that we will ever experience.

:D
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    The Akkus wrote:
    I said after the show, nothing will top PJ20. Pearl Jam could play the greatest setlist in the world at any show, but the emotion, love and overall vibe from PJ20 will never be topped and it will be the greatest concert experience that we will ever experience.

true..the whole feeling is unique.,,
  • Options
    The Akkus wrote:

That weekend was like escaping to a dream, like being in a totally different world. My friend and his wife picked me up at the airport after 2 years of not seeing each other and it was such a special weekend that cannot, and never will be topped. I go through Alpine withdrawal all the time.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    The Akkus wrote:

That weekend was like escaping to a dream, like being in a totally different world. My friend and his wife picked me up at the airport after 2 years of not seeing each other and it was such a special weekend that cannot, and never will be topped. I go through Alpine withdrawal all the time.
    there are no words to explain it..only walk into the museum and feel those 20 years around you worth the travel,even i just had to see only the museum and go back to Greece..
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I went to Bumbershoot this year. It's usually a yearly tradition, I missed it last year to see PJ...and my friends. Didn't know Flatstock was going to be there this year, it was surreal to open my file folder and pull out the PJ20 posters.

I went to the Armory and wandered around, found Brad and asked him if he would sign a poster. He says, "Sure, what'cha got?" So I pulled out his poster, and he lays it out, pauses for a second. Then says he couldn't remember where he signed it. Then asked if I went to the show. "Yes, the poster came all the way from Alpine and back on the plane home with me, and now here." He laughs. We chatted a bit about Jane's Addiction. then he rolls up my posters for me and puts them back in the tube. Great guy.

Went to find Justin Hampton...again, when I show him the poster I want him to sign, he has the same pause. It's some sort of 're-living the moment' sort of pause. I said, "A year ago this weekend!" He asks if I went to the show, and we chatted a bit about it. He's very aware of the fact that PJ poster people are crazy :lol:. Cool dude.

Even though I didn't hang out with them at Alpine, it was great getting the posters signed, it made me miss the friends I saw and met that weekend.

Then I went to go see Mudhoney...the number of bands that were at Bumbershoot that were at PJ20 was really trippy. Mudhoney, The Young Evils, Star Anna, thenewno2. (met Dhani after his set-another great guy!)

it was like Alpine redux...without PJ. I can't wait for Missoula!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I went to Bumbershoot this year. It's usually a yearly tradition, I missed it last year to see PJ...and my friends. Didn't know Flatstock was going to be there this year, it was surreal to open my file folder and pull out the PJ20 posters.

I went to the Armory and wandered around, found Brad and asked him if he would sign a poster. He says, "Sure, what'cha got?" So I pulled out his poster, and he lays it out, pauses for a second. Then says he couldn't remember where he signed it. Then asked if I went to the show. "Yes, the poster came all the way from Alpine and back on the plane home with me, and now here." He laughs. We chatted a bit about Jane's Addiction. then he rolls up my posters for me and puts them back in the tube. Great guy.

Went to find Justin Hampton...again, when I show him the poster I want him to sign, he has the same pause. It's some sort of 're-living the moment' sort of pause. I said, "A year ago this weekend!" He asks if I went to the show, and we chatted a bit about it. He's very aware of the fact that PJ poster people are crazy :lol:. Cool dude.

Even though I didn't hang out with them at Alpine, it was great getting the posters signed, it made me miss the friends I saw and met that weekend.

Then I went to go see Mudhoney...the number of bands that were at Bumbershoot that were at PJ20 was really trippy. Mudhoney, The Young Evils, Star Anna, thenewno2. (met Dhani after his set-another great guy!)

8-):)

nice post Lisa
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

• Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

thats sweet. everyone knows pj20 was the real deal of shows.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    03296_b1.jpg
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    03296_b1.jpg
    best place pj fans ever stayed 8-)
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    03296_b1.jpg

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:

I LOVED being at Alpine Valley last year :thumbup: .

I just spent this Labor Day weekend seeing Phish.

FUCK YOUR FACE... FRIDAY NIGHT SHOW :crazy: :crazy: UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE 8-)

Back to the point. I was able to get the boots the day after each show :clap:

Come on PJ. Lets see the Alpine boots already :fp: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    03296_b1.jpg

right across the street from the Piggly Wiggly :mrgreen:
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    If anyone can ever get me a piggly wiggly t-shirt & send it to me, or save it until I next make it to the US(hopefully next year), I would love them forever!! :) Although not a pink, or red or white one. I don't do pink, or red or white!! 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    I really miss this place people.....

Withdrawals have been significant - especially after this past weekend with Labor Day weekend and MIA going on.......sigh
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    morello wrote:
    If anyone can ever get me a piggly wiggly t-shirt & send it to me, or save it until I next make it to the US(hopefully next year), I would love them forever!! :) Although not a pink, or red or white one. I don't do pink, or red or white!! 8-)
    No promises but, I can look into it. ;)

What size? My wife works across the street from one.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    [03296_b1.jpg

right across the street from the Piggly Wiggly :mrgreen:
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    morello wrote:
    No promises but, I can look into it. ;)

What size? My wife works across the street from one.
    Thanks so much. PM sent.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    03296_b1.jpg
    Ahh the super duper fuckin 8. Loved that place. Such a great time.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    03296_b1.jpg
    Ahh the super duper fuckin 8. Loved that place. Such a great time.

hell yes it was!!!!!

i remember heading downstairs & seeing people passed out in the halls. :D those waffles were fantastic! :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com