Options

Alpine valley........

Comments

• Options
    Every year works for me, 2 nights would be great & every 5 years make it 3 nights...just hope they keep in mind most of us are no longer teens with no re$ponibilites (mortgage, children & jobs) and give us plenty of notice.
  • Options
    Oh, and Apline Valley....I miss you already. Good times, great people and amazing music. When asked what one word described Alpine 2011 I said harmony, the fans and the band played off each other and both were equally as important in making the weekend what it was.
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    Oh, and Apline Valley....I miss you already. Good times, great people and amazing music. When asked what one word described Alpine 2011 I said harmony, the fans and the band played off each other and both were equally as important in making the weekend what it was.

Well said...

I knew there was no way we could miss out on this weekend. It was bound to be an epic event.
    I still have PTS :shock: from having our flight canceled at the last minute and every flight being booked for the holiday. Stuck in LA for a few hours with a ticket counter person, 2 seats finaly opened up and we were able to make it Friday night. It must have been the PJ Gods looking out for us. :lol:

Would do it again in a heat beat !!!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458

Well said...

I knew there was no way we could miss out on this weekend. It was bound to be an epic event.
    I still have PTS :shock: from having our flight canceled at the last minute and every flight being booked for the holiday. Stuck in LA for a few hours with a ticket counter person, 2 seats finaly opened up and we were able to make it Friday night. It must have been the PJ Gods looking out for us. :lol:
    and have the pleasure to rock out next to you :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Well said...

and have the pleasure to rock out next to you :D

Not to mention meeting you Dimi, what a big treat . :D:D
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    morello wrote:
    3 days be fab but can we maybe have it every couple of years not every year? Some of us have a very long way(=$$$$) to come!! 8-)

btw who can send me a piggly wiggly t-shirt? New Zealand needs a piggly wiggly t-shirt & I put my hand up to represent! just puttin it out there!! :lol:

This band ain't getting no younger though...

Even years in Europe, odd years in States
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Tboz51 wrote:
    morello wrote:
    3 days be fab but can we maybe have it every couple of years not every year? Some of us have a very long way(=$$$$) to come!! 8-)

btw who can send me a piggly wiggly t-shirt? New Zealand needs a piggly wiggly t-shirt & I put my hand up to represent! just puttin it out there!! :lol:

This band ain't getting no younger though...

Even years in Europe, odd years in States

i could handle that....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    An amazing weekend......I don't like to think too much about it because it makes me wish I was stil there!

Seeing the picture of the artist billboard with a background of blue skies and white clouds has an emotional effect on me!
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Wish I'd gone.

Wait a second... :?

Yeah, me too ;) What a way for me to see my first show with PJ :D The whole weekend was magical for so many reasons :D
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Listening to it again, and it makes me so fucking happy that I was there. Through the pissy rain, the overpriced beers and the huge lines. It was the ultimate weekend with the best band in the world and the best fans and friends. I don't give a ratsass <
    speedyism ;) what people (mb) say about the first night set either. It was the best weekend of my life. Here's to alpine and PJ20!!
    #freespeedy

It makes me laugh, people here go on about wanting to hear rarities over greatest hits and then they moan about them playing them at night 1 and harp on how amazing the set from night 2 was!! They were both amazing for different reasons!
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910

Well said...

Would do it again in a heat beatnik !!!!!

Ha ha, I'm allowed to laugh because I went to the wrong airport in DC, $200 and a few hours later I was on my way. What an idiot, I was very lucky as flights were packed! Glad we made it!
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:
    true story..even the after party at the hotel was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
    all this people,all thos happy faces,all this celebration and feeling proud to be a fan of this bad...
    if i could turn time back..if..today...ill be the happiest Greek on the planet...

To think... some people didn't go saying it would be just another show.... I miss Alpine.. :cry:

Such a great time (I miss you brother from a different mother)!!! The only regret I have is that I didn't get a chance to meet Speedy or Dimitris. Two legend-(wait for it) dary fans. Everybody was super cool and it was great to be surrounded by people that are as crazy as I am about this band.

I look forward to seeing many of you at Fenway next year.

;)
  • Options

Well said...

Would do it again in a heat beatnik !!!!!

Ha ha, I'm allowed to laugh because I went to the wrong airport in DC, $200 and a few hours later I was on my way. What an idiot, I was very lucky as flights were packed! Glad we made it!

No doubt... I was holding my breath the whole time until we actually landed in WI.
    We were turned away at one gate even though we had tickets in hand, I guess our names weren't on the list. I think they gave our seats to standby. :evil:

We kissed the ground when we got there and thanked our luck stars.
  • Options
    LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!! Even though I was sick and stayed sick for almost 6 weeks after, stayed up 24 hours straight on night one and my husband fell asleep halfway through the first night (seriously WTF? :? I'm still pissed at him for that!)

I'd do it all over again if I could! :D

And I want to take this opportunity to apologize to the girl I bumped into and at one point stepped on accidentally (could have been multiple times) on night two after I accidentally spilled my beer under my seat and proceeded to jump around dancing in it for about an hour without realizing--> 102, row N I think, pretty much center...if you're on here I'm really sorry I just kept getting pushed over by the massively happy crowd to my left and once I start jumping at a PJ show I just can't stop! :) .
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    every day pass from my mind..

especially when Adam listen Stone check his guitar and said..Wash!!!!gonna open with Wash!!!! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqNcdslz1fA
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Lottery tix, 9th row front and center and PJ coming on stage with opening licks to Release was THE #1 highlight for me.....Good God, it still gives me goose bumps. The crowd was SO LOUD!!! This is going to sound amazing on the boots :D
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    Lottery tix, 9th row front and center and PJ coming on stage with opening licks to Release was THE #1 highlight for me.....Good God, it still gives me goose bumps. The crowd was SO LOUD!!! This is going to sound amazing on the boots :D
    true..cant wait.. :)
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Release the boots!!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,280
    I definitely DON'T regret this trip to US and Alpine, my best weekend ever.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    I definitely DON'T regret this trip to US and Alpine, my best weekend ever.
  • Options
    I used a buddy pass to get from Maui to Chicago. I was bumped off so many flights and slept in the airport for 2 nights. I would do it all over again!!!!

One of the Best Weekends Ever!

Please relase the boots from Alpine.
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options
    Please relase the boots from Alpine.
    not in deluxe limited with the dvd.....seperately for all buy it...
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Ya, it will be pretty tough to top that weekend....So many positives: my first PJ show actually travelling WITH friends from home, instead of meeting 10C members there....met a bunch of people i've wanted to meet for a long time, including one particularly awesome person....the amazing shows....I found a brand new grill....got to see Chicago.
    And very few negatives: didn't get to meet a lot of the people I wanted to meet....got to see Milwaukee....;)

YES - bring on the boots! And live DVD.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,280
    Did you talk to the Gorilla (Eddie) in PJ T-shirt at alpine? I asked the gorilla if he had a request, he told me- Leatherman and he asked me if I had a request, I told him my request was Slight of Hand. He was really nice to talk to and reach his hand out to thank me after we talked.

Gorilla got his request the same night-Alpine 2, My request was played in Montreal 3 days later, sad I wasn't there!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Did you talk to the Gorilla (Eddie) in PJ T-shirt at alpine? I asked the gorilla if he had a request, he told me- Leatherman and he asked me if I had a request, I told him my request was Slight of Hand. He was really nice to talk to and reach his hand out to thank me after we talked.

Gorilla got his request the same night-Alpine 2, My request was played in Montreal 3 days later, sad I wasn't there!
    Yup. Had a photo taken with him. Who didn't?

Just as well the weekend had cooled down after the rain on Saturday. I'd hate to wear that if the weekend was as hot as Thursday or Friday.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I only have one request...make it 3 days.
    I'm ok with that. Tag on an evening of preparty, more fans staying together in the same place rather than all these unrelated people around for a long weekend family thing, and huzzah!

If only I had a phone that worked, so I could've tracked down where everyone was hanging around right at the end of night 2.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    YLed2 wrote:

Perfect opener...the crowd was amazing...it sounded beautiful!! :D:D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Hinn wrote:
    If only I had a phone that worked, so I could've tracked down where everyone was hanging around right at the end of night 2.
    +1 yeah the phone issue sucked! I'm definitely getting one of the disposable phones you get over there next time I come to the US on tour(next time :lol::lol: better pay this one off 1st!! 8-) ).
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    if i just could turn time back..
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    oh if I could find a way........
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    oh if I could find a way........