Options

Alpine valley........

Comments

• Options
    Was an amazing weekend. I will NEVER forget it. Feels like it was last weekend :(
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    PJTEXASPJTEXAS Texas Posts: 222
    YLed2 wrote:
    What was the song that defined Apline 2011 for you?

One song please, I know it's hard so choose wisely ;)

No question for me, it was Release. Absolutely fkn amazing. I wanted, I bet on it, I got, and the perfect opener for the perfect band, for the perfect weekend. It was like a coming home for PJ and the all the fans....the crowd sang every word with all of their heart soul. I was 9th row front and center and I can't tell you how incredibly loud that was. I literally felt like I was lifted off the ground during "WHERE IT TAKES MEEEEEE!"

I know when Ed compiled the set list for Night 1, there was no way in hell they were opening with anything other than Release. It's the culmination of 20 years. I can't tell you how moved I was during the entire weekend, but during that song in particular.
    I was three rows in front of you... AMAZING NIGHT!!!! I nice box set of the weekend would be a great Christmas gift this year...HINT... HINT...
    "Love ain't love until you give it up." - Amongst The Waves
  • Options
    Listening to All Night now....

nothing raises my spirits more than PJ what a great weekend , what would be even better is an official boot so when the day is really tough I can put my headphones on and really escape. :D

Maybe they will release the boots the same day of the 2012 destination announcement??? /fingers crossed
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534

nothing raises my spirits more than PJ what a great weekend , what would be even better is an official boot so when the day is really tough I can put my headphones on and really escape. :D

Maybe they will release the boots the same day of the 2012 destination announcement??? /fingers crossed

Amen to that. Which song are you all looking most forward to hear when the boots are released?
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461
    Where do you get the bootleg from? I would love to have one!
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    EvieVedder wrote:
    Where do you get the bootleg from? I would love to have one!
    probably Kufala records,...but we dont know yet what way this will happen,,boxset,dvd,vinyl..so we wait..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I was just reminiscing and I was thinking about Faithfull Nigh 1.....that fkn rocked and what an underrated performance that was. Not to mention how loud the crowd was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMNKTBuQjY
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Given To Fly - this video is fkn awesome. Look at the crowd interaction and Ed. Pretty awesome.....I want to go back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpRalh76jaQ
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Great vids. Jeez I hope they release a DVD of the weekend, or someone compiles one!! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    has been almost 6 months ... so hard to believe.

I think I have to blame Alpine actually for the serious withdrawals I've been going through. Have had desperate overwelming needs to see a show before but never like this, boots of my favourite shows - or pretty much any show I've been to - leave me unable to think about anything but the desperate need to see them... luckily the studio albums aren't having the same effect....

YET!

has never been quite this severe before, and have certainly survived a lot longer than six months before. Am choosing to believe that Alpine was so ridiculously good that is is bad for my health! :lol:
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    has been almost 6 months ... so hard to believe.

I think I have to blame Alpine actually for the serious withdrawals I've been going through. Have had desperate overwelming needs to see a show before but never like this, boots of my favourite shows - or pretty much any show I've been to - leave me unable to think about anything but the desperate need to see them... luckily the studio albums aren't having the same effect....

YET!

has never been quite this severe before, and have certainly survived a lot longer than six months before. Am choosing to believe that Alpine was so ridiculously good that is is bad for my health! :lol:

:lol::lol: I feel the same way! Usually after a show, I have some withdrawl symptoms..but never like this! That weekend was sooo amazing.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsUN4rbY ... ata_player

Just a little teaser that I guess was out on youtube a few weeks ago. Supposedly they had a longer version of this on youtube that had more parts and interviews. I don't know about you all, but I want to go back to that weekend and I can't wait for this to be released. I just have a feeling this is going to be a nice uber duper super deluxe box set with the boots and a very nice HD DVD.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    YLed2 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsUN4rbY6wk&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just a little teaser that I guess was out on youtube a few weeks ago. Supposedly they had a longer version of this on youtube that had more parts and interviews. I don't know about you all, but I want to go back to that weekend and I can't wait for this to be released. I just have a feeling this is going to be a nice uber duper super deluxe box set with the boots and a very nice HD DVD.

love it....only people was tyhere can get why,is the best weekend ever...fuckin great!!! :D:D:D:D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:

Amen to that. Which song are you all looking most forward to hear when the boots are released?

Release. Hands down.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404

Release. Hands down.

same here. the rest of the weekend was icing on the cake.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    YLed2 wrote:

love it....only people was tyhere can get why,is the best weekend ever...fuckin great!!! :D:D:D:D

what dimi said... :D:D:D
  • Options
  • Options
    Smiling eyes before me and tears from my face 8-)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Smiling eyes before me and tears from my face 8-)
    exactly brotha.... :)
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527

Hell yes.

One of my favorites.
  • Options

I was hanging out with friends last night and we were talking about Alpine and we had the discussion "Did they really open with Release and Wash? Amazing! Fucking awesome!"

Oh pleeeeeeeeeease, let it rain today. This city's so filthy.....like my mind in ways.

Release and Washto open the weekend......seems like a dream!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Best live version of this song EVER...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8WH7bLn488
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    iamica wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tidus10xtidus10x UK Posts: 120

That is incredible footage. Thanks for sharing.
    Would love to see Wash as an opener for Manchester 1 or 2.
  • Options
    I had been waiting to hear this one, so I was very happy they played it :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbUplfqX4E
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:

what dimi said... :D:D:D

You just had to be there. If you weren't there is no way you can understand why months later I still can't stop talking about it.

Apline Valley made my heart sing.

The way the crowd looked from the 10 club area when Release started...I don't think I'll ever have the words to describe those first first few mintues.

I'm looking forward to when the box set is released. There is no way a band that takes so much pride in their live shows, would or could let that weekend pass without a dvd.

'Wave to all my friends' :wave:
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    afroannnie wrote:

I jumped up and down like a little kid when I heard the first few chords. :mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    iamica wrote:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    iamica wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I jumped up and down like a little kid when I heard the first few chords. :mrgreen:

Me too :D
    ok..so i was jumping for pretty much every song...but a few extra jumps for this one ;)
  • Options
    This was the one for me...

And Al giving me a hug :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2kwRasrS90
    GoiMTvP.gif