DESTINATION WEDDING

13»

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    crazypjfan wrote:
    plus half the night are wasted taking pictures

Yeah, with that many people on her side alone, you are looking at 17 hours worth of pictures to please everyone :lol:

waste waste waste....(of time ..especially during a traditional night)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    norm wrote:
    you're basically paying for all your guests to have a good time....crazy

have immediate family to an island in the tropics then at some point after have a big party for all your family and friends because, yeah, that's really all a wedding is

Norm, I hope you're not going to argue with me about the little bride and groom that will be on top of the cake at our wedding.

I want the zombie version, and that's that.

And Neily, I hope you won't be expecting formal dress. I hate packing ballgowns.

nahhhhh wear alittle sundress ...nice and comfy
    no ballgowns in 90 degree weather
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    crazypjfan wrote:

Yeah, with that many people on her side alone, you are looking at 17 hours worth of pictures to please everyone :lol:
    Which, I promise you, you are never going to look at after your first anniversary!

We went to a wedding in September where we barely saw the couple. They hired 3 photographers and spent all the time posing for pics. We had to interrupt one of their photo shoots so we could tell them goodbye.

i don't get it ..really don't get it
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875

thats why i want to pick an island ..call a hotel...set a price...and show up :)

oh lord

you have no idea ;)
    norm wrote:
    i'm with 81, pillowpants and who princess

besides not really understanding big weddings, i've never understood worrying about your guests...it's your fucking wedding...if you want to have it on an oil platform in the north sea and that pisses your guest off...fuck em! that's what you and your bride want to do

i don't get the big wedding neither...unless you are rich i don't get saving up for 2 years to blow it on one night

you're basically paying for all your guests to have a good time....crazy

we did our pictures before the ceremony

fuck that... i wasn't missing the party ;)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i agree ... weddings are a big waste of money ...

having said that - why have a destination wedding?

just have a small ceremony at the court house and head off to your honeymoon ... if having people there isn't a priority then why pay the money to have someone organize something for you at a resort? ... unless, the idea of getting married on a beach somewhere is what appeals to you ... in which case - go for it ...

if ya got the cash ... i say goto tahiti! ... haha
    polaris_x wrote:
    i agree ... weddings are a big waste of money ...

having said that - why have a destination wedding?

just have a small ceremony at the court house and head off to your honeymoon ... if having people there isn't a priority then why pay the money to have someone organize something for you at a resort? ... unless, the idea of getting married on a beach somewhere is what appeals to you ... in which case - go for it ...

if ya got the cash ... i say goto tahiti! ... haha

nah i wanna have alittle something something ...the court house is semi ghetto :lol::lol:

tahiti is mucho dinero .....i know from the surfing contest
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    IMHO, planning a local wedding takes a lot of effort. We spent 10 months planning our wedding.

Having to plan a destination wedding sounds very daunting. Not being able to regularly deal face to face with the vendors, venue, etc. requires a huge leap of faith.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    IMHO, planning a local wedding takes a lot of effort. We spent 10 months planning our wedding.

Having to plan a destination wedding sounds very daunting. Not being able to regularly deal face to face with the vendors, venue, etc. requires a huge leap of faith.

potentially...but if you get a place that is known for it i would think everything would be ok

not to mention the one in turks and hawaii that i know were both awesome ...i would think that would be safe

thanks for heaping more on my brain :evil: :lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    just say no
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the only advice i can give you j is the same advice ive given my children.....

VEGAS
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    congrats man!

if MSG is booked... give vegas a look.

my girlfriend and i have been talking vegas for a while. would be a blast for all involved!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

potentially...but if you get a place that is known for it i would think everything would be ok

not to mention the one in turks and hawaii that i know were both awesome ...i would think that would be safe

hawaii is probably as expensive as NYC... depending on where

and to me... the built up parts of hawaii feel like florida... and i mean in a bad way like orlando florida...
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    Okay the real question is do you even know what style ring she wants? There are so many decisions to make before this one :lol:.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695

wait... what do you mean i'm not invited????????
    Say it ain't so!!!!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    i didn't even pick up the ring yet and my head is already spinning :lol:
    Remeber a marriage is a 3 ring circus...

Engagement Ring
    Wedding Ring
    SuffeRing,

Have you considered The Bahamas?
    Probably the easiest destination from NYC in terms of travel time. (Hawai'i would be a killer, 11-12 hours in the air.)

A buddy of mine did that, just had the families go so it was small. Had a little house partty later for the rest of us, no big cost for that.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Okay the real question is do you even know what style ring she wants? There are so many decisions to make before this one :lol:.

not really :lol:

but i know what im going for and the price range....she will like anything in all honesty..i hope :?
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

hawaii is probably as expensive as NYC... depending on where

and to me... the built up parts of hawaii feel like florida... and i mean in a bad way like orlando florida...

some places yes..but the north shore of oahu is my place....laid back and simple..with monster waves
    Poncier wrote:
    i didn't even pick up the ring yet and my head is already spinning :lol:
    Remeber a marriage is a 3 ring circus...

Engagement Ring
    Wedding Ring
    SuffeRing,

Have you considered The Bahamas?
    Probably the easiest destination from NYC in terms of travel time. (Hawai'i would be a killer, 11-12 hours in the air.)

A buddy of mine did that, just had the families go so it was small. Had a little house partty later for the rest of us, no big cost for that.

yes sir..another island i will look into

ive been to hawaii twice ..for some stupid band ;):lol: ...the time doesn't bother me at all
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    anyone ever do it ?

advice ?

leaning towards going this route

:shock: This from the same guy that not too long ago was happily single and looking at chicks EVERYWHERE!!! :lol:

Let me tell ya somn homeboy.....DO THE DESTINATION WEDDING!!! I've been wedding planner to several people and in the end, destination wins. Sure, not EVERYBODY you invite or WANT to invite can afford it. BUT, it keeps everything small & simple. Last year i planned a wedding in hawaii for someone that lives out here in So Cal. and it was maxxximum 50 people. Perfect. THIS year.....theres a local wedding OUT OF CONTROL with 300 guests and its RIDICULOUS. To me, huge weddings and lots of couples IN the wedding, is a waste. You're paying for a party for everybody else to enjoy, yet you'll be in debt for it. Not worth it to me. use that money for a house or something lasting. limit ure guests and get married in December at the Pipemasters!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    agreed sen

and pipe would be crazy...i was thinking turtle bay for the wedding..but that has to be out of control price wise
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    .... and this is why i'm never getting married :P
  • agreed sen

and pipe would be crazy...i was thinking turtle bay for the wedding..but that has to be out of control price wise

so much for looking at the girls wearing less in the summer

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

wow they never had non stop from jfk...only newark had 1 flight per day non-stop....sweeet find
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    My brother had a destination wedding at the Dreams resort in Tulum, Mexico.

We have a large family & it's expected that they'll all be invited to everyone's wedding, but my brother wanted a small wedding. He could only invite 20 people because that's all the church would hold, but most of the family wouldn't have been able to afford to go anyway. At first the people who did go were a little put out that they had to spend so much money & take extra time off work, but ultimately they were happy that they were somewhat forced to take an amazing vacation that they wouldn't otherwise have taken for themselves. Of course my brother had to be prepared to help pay for our parents expenses since it was really important for them to be there but they don't have that kind of money. I certainly wouldn't have a destination wedding if it meant excluding my parents. He appeased the rest of the family by having a reception here in town the next weekend.

Ultimately, it was the most perfect wedding I've ever been to! The location was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. The hotel was all-inclusive, which saved us a lot of money on food & drinks. Most of us had never been to an all-inclusive resort before & we were really blown away by the service. We had the opportunity for our immediate family to get to know her immediate family because we were all staying at the same place for several days & had the opportunity to eat together, go snorkeling together, etc. It kind of reminded me of those reality shows were you choose a partner from a bunch of people you hardly know & they send you off on an island vacation to bond - except this was the families bonding in support of the love between our loved ones (if that makes sense). It was actually one of the less expensive weddings they could have had. I think it cost $2000 for the church, preacher, all the flowers, hair & makeup, pressing of the gown, cake, cocktail/hors d'oeuvre hour with a band, reception dinner, pictures, video, & wedding planner. Plus, since all the food & alcohol and the resort "disco" were free, we didn't really have to pay for a bachelorette party. And, most impressive, they do several weddings a day so they're REALLY good at it. They had a woman running around with a walkie-talkie making sure everything was perfect, and she knew to think of all the little details we might have forgotten. It really allowed us to just relax & enjoy the day instead of it turning into a stressful event. And I've never seen better wedding pictures! They did have to pay additionally for their airfare & hotel, but it doubled as tier honeymoon after the rest of us left so that wasn't really any extra money.