Options

2011 ... good year, bad year ...eh?

13»

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

We lost our beloved Charlie, he had been suffering, it was time for his sweet release
    from this life. I've loved many dogs who have passed but never felt like they were still
    with us as much as I do Chuck. His presence stays, makes us smile....
    the last hours we had holding him, precious and engrained in my being...
    often I awake to feel him still in my arms.

Business is up
    the family is well and all relatively happy
    no big trouble about

a wonderful memory of Eddie's heavenly voice in St Louis ... stronger than ever
    God bless that and him

2012 will be a year of upheaval, many changes...
    it is a fragile world we live in, we will find strength where we can,
    lean on each other and pray our struggles are few.
  • Options
    well 2011 decided to fuck me over good right at the end.
    2010 kicked off with our beloved suki dying in january, and by mid-year tree on our house, lay-off and a life of a lot of limbo ever since. 2011 decided to just devestate us with the VERY unexpected decision that we had to make december 1st, to put down our beloved chloe, just under 12 years old. :cry::cry::cry:

chloe was great until about mid-november, she started eating even less than usual and grew a bit lethargic, which considering she never lost her puppy-ish enthusiasm is a lot. won't go into great details, but suffice to say, many a vet and ER vet visit since, and come december 1st, going for follow-up and she was even worse imo. discussed symptoms, bit more tests, not good news. now once again, late, had to go to the ER clinic - more tests, even worse news. an abdomen filled with blood, more than likely full of cancerous tumors. there were possible "options" but really, given what she faced, her age, how sick she was ... we made the hard choice.

all i can say, is unlike suki (who passed away overnight, alone, at the vet's office - not at all how i wanted her to go), we were able to give chloe the good passing we so desired. we got to lie with her in a private, comfortable room for as long as we wanted, probably stayed a good 45 minutes, then the vet came in, gave her the injection right there, with me and mr. dream right there, and she died right in my arms. heart-wrenching horribleness, but we knew it was right decision.

so yes, while there were good days, very good days, in both 2010 and 2011, both years also brought WAY too much unhappiness. so you bet, fuck em both. bring on 2012 - need a fresh start and just have to HOPE life turns around in a happy, positive direction.

chloeapril2009.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Oh no! :( I am so sorry.
  • Options

thanks.
    yes, pretty horrible. on the one hand, so glad she didn't have a long, drawn-out end - but none the less, horrified with being faced with that decision. our home is feeling so very empty without her here. going to be a tough holiday season.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options

thanks.
    yes, pretty horrible. on the one hand, so glad she didn't have a long, drawn-out end - but none the less, horrified with being faced with that decision. our home is feeling so very empty without her here. going to be a tough holiday season.
    Fuck this year. Seriously.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Fuck this year. Seriously.

for serious
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    so yes, while there were good days, very good days, in both 2010 and 2011, both years also brought WAY too much unhappiness. so you bet, fuck em both. bring on 2012 - need a fresh start and just have to HOPE life turns around in a happy, positive direction.

chloeapril2009.jpg
    +1! I'm sorry to hear about Chloe. I lost my 17 year old cat this year in a somewhat similar situation so I can totally understand how you feel. Salut to better days in the upcoming year!! :mrgreen: At the beginning of 2011 I said 'this is going to be my year'. Needless to say, it kinda wasn't, but that's okay. I'm still here, family's still here, we're still here. Good mixes with bad.
  • Options
    good and bad..about even. when it went bad (like now) its really really bad.
    but when it was good...well...MAN IT WAS A BLAST!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."