Options

2011 ... good year, bad year ...eh?

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
i always seem to take stock and reassess around my birthday - and being we're presently in* november, seems a good time to ask...as we're winding down 2011, how's it treated ya?

i will say, 2010 felt a whole lot worse, but honestly, 2011, really not better. had truly hoped to turn things around, but alas, here i still am. that said, 2011 didn't have major calamities, nothing that made me freak the fuck out - and i actually had some really fun, amazing times (thank you pj & canada!) and the husband and i have managed some good projects, good times and his life is going really well, so that's a plus - even if i am still a mess, haha. so yes, while i am still pretty much where i was a year ago and need to change that soon ... it sure felt a lot better than 2010, which was a disaster.

so i guess for me, 2011 = a wash. :|
given the year prior tho, that's a good thing and i'll take it. :mrgreen:
looking forward to 2012!!!

*edited for accuracy, but mostly, for norm. :D
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    and being it's the end of november,

the hell woman?!?! you really want this year to end! ;) :P :lol:

2011 sucked monkey scrotum :thumbdown:
  • Options
    I have a weird thing about my life where even years have been great and odd years not so great. 2011 has been not so great for me, so I'm looking forward to 2012 as well.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    norm wrote:

i meant my birthday is the end of november, thus why i get the thoughts to reassess. :P
    i'm not a new year's resolution, i don't really do resolutions - but to some degree, i do birthday reassessments....that just happen to coincide with ALMOST the end of the year, ok? :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

so i guess for me, 2011 = a wash. :|
    Making your new years thread a bit early this year, aren't you?....still two whole months for it all to go down the shitter, you realize this, right? :P

Of course they could be good months too, but...you know...avoid disappointment - plan for the worst ;)

Glad things are lookin up for you.
    My year has been...same as always, pretty much. For the most part, a really good one.
    "The craziest life I've ever lived"
  • Options
    I have a weird thing about my life where even years have been great and odd years not so great. 2011 has been not so great for me, so I'm looking forward to 2012 as well.

funny you mentioned that - used to find similar patterns, though it would be a few odd years run of great even years, then switch to the odd years ... now that i've had 2 years in a row suck big-time, who knows now - it's a toss-up. :lol:
    just gotta hope after 2 years of shit, that i'll catch a break and turn back to the even years of luck in january, haha.

(and maybe it's my own state of mind, but i have found 2011 has been rather shitty for a LOT of people. my worst moments were in 2010, just carried forward into 2011, but more seem to have had bad things go down in 2011)

drowned out - leave it to you to say that. :lol:
    (and believe me, i DID consider that. hahaha. as i said, damnnit, i start thinking about these things around my birthday and yes, it's not for 2 more weeks but shit, i already started thinking about it, ok?! :twisted: )
    btw - since is "a wash" = to "things looking up for me?" hahahahahaha. ahhh how the bar has been lowered ...;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:

i meant my birthday is the end of november, thus why i get the thoughts to reassess. :P
    i'm not a new year's resolution, i don't really do resolutions - but to some degree, i do birthday reassessments....that just happen to coincide with ALMOST the end of the year, ok? :D

i used to be really awesome at reading :x :( :lol:

the last time i was really happy was back in 2010 when i was visiting friends and seeing some folk band in an old building ;)
  • Options
    "And we'd had this stupid scene on the street, and even that was kind of cool, because sometimes it's moments like that, real complicated moments, absorbing moments, that make you realize that even hard times have things in them that make you feel alive."
    — Nick Hornby (A Long Way Down)
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    :|
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Like you, I feel that 2011 has been a better year than 2010. 2010 was kinda rocky for me in a few ways. :?

Now, I feel like I'm moving in the right direction. I'm starting to feel more and more at home in Tampa (and that's making my life more fun.) And, I have been reading a lot of books that have given me good ideas this year.

So, it almost feels like some kind of good energy wave is swelling up underneath me. *crosses fingers* <3<3<3
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    2011 has been a sucky year for me. Hoping 2012 is better!
  • Options
    Damn, everyone's had a bad 2011. Makes me feel even shittier by proxy. Did anyone have a good year this year? 2012 is gonna kick so much ass though.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Worst of my life.
  • Options
    I've *never* been one for celebrating New Year's, always been my least liked holiday.

But this year? I may need to pay homage. Because this year fucking SUCKED.

Not just like meh there were good times and bad times. Like on a galactic level SUCKED.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things though, the fact I'm still alive right now means something went right I guess. While I feel like a jalopy barely keeping my parts together, I'm still moving. I keep trying to see silver linings. And there were some good things. But the things that were bad...sweet lord. It's like WTF man.

It's damn near broken me.

So yep, this sums my feelings up pretty much!

45981_1175911294509_1729914460_326243_951297_n.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    hmmm...

couldn't find a job :thumbdown:
    Mr. RK smashed the car: :thumbdown:
    STILL can't sell the house-so we're stuck in this s#itty town: :thumbdown:
    Truck broke down on the way to Montana and ate up $700 of PJ20 money: :thumbdown:

Went to Alpine and met many AWESOME PJ peeps :thumbup:
    Went to 3 shows on the Canadian tour-including getting front row lottery in Edmonton: :thumbup:
    Heard 'Crown of Thorns/Chloe Dancer' LIVE in Vancouver: :thumbup:
    'Got Some' Faithful Ale to help out PJ friends: :thumbup:

This year was better than last year... :)
    (hmmm...everything good this year has to do with PJ....is that a sign? :eh:)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Neutral Face
  • Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    this year mostly sucked. It's easier to mention the good things that happened. the bad stuff would take too long. basically the only really positive was the show i was able to go to in september and the visit of my family. otherwise life's going down the drain
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    still 52 or so days to go for something decent to happen this year

that's the way i'll look at it

have to, otherwise...well.... :roll:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    overall it was a good year.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Last year was an unmitigated disaster, worst year for me in a very long time ... so this year had to be better, and it has been.

2011 - :thumbup:

Plus, the Canadian tour was all sorts of fantastic.

(man, I almost feel guilty stating this year was a great one after reading all the posts)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    For me, this year has been okay up until September, but since then it's been amazingly good. Can't wait for 2012 to begin :D

Sorry to hear that so many of you had a bad year. But as Jo pointed out - hang in there, there's still some days left to make 2011 a good one ;)
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    It sucked.
    Apart from buying a house, it sucked.
    Lost my job, in career limbo, family problems, personal problems.
    Bring on 2012.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    there is one commonality in this thread ... canada = good times!! ... :)

therefore you must all spend more time in canada ...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    awesome year...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    it was an average year....nothing terrible happened, nothing super fantastic happened. i can deal with that

seemed like it was the year of the unplanned expense

from a tie rod, to the A/C to half a dozen other things.

on the plus side....tailgates will never be the same.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    One thing I'm noticing about this thread is that some of us are quieter about our bad years and some of us are noisier! :twisted:

I was raised not to complain so I tend not to say much when stuff is going REALLY badly. :mrgreen:
    Maybe I should re-think that approach and learn how to be a noisy complainer?! The squeaky wheel and all... :lol:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,776
    Well, I have to say, this year FLEW by, I can’t believe it’s almost Thanksgiving.

As compared to 2010, when I lost a very dear friend in a very tragic, preventable accident, I’d have to say 2011 has been better.

I got a nice promotion at work and I know how lucky I am that I even have a job in today’s economy.

Didn’t see PJ this year, but I did get to see Ed’s solo show, so that will have to tide me over till next year.
    I’ve never been one to celebrate New Years, it’s just not that big a deal to me. I am looking forward to a PJ filled 2012 though, so bring it on PJ. :D
  • Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    Hey, you stealing my "eh?" ;)

This year was a mix of both, with most of the bad in the first half, and all the good in the second half of 2011.

No complaints...atleast all the bad shit happened in the first 7 months, rather than the other way around.

That's the way I see it. :thumbup:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    2011 has been an insanely shitty year for pretty much everyone I know. Friends' parents dying, my sister became a single parent, mortgage is always a chore to pay, didn't go on our annual summer Vegas trip :cry:

BUT it was the year of awesome concerts...PJ20 was definitely the best weekend of the year so at least there was that!!

Oh yeah and the Packers winning the Superbowl was pretty awesome too ;)

Honestly though, I cannot wait for this year to be over. In fact I would just much prefer to be black-out drunk until January 1st.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    In fact I would just much prefer to be black-out drunk until January 1st.

just until Jan?

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    In fact I would just much prefer to be black-out drunk until January 1st.

just until Jan?

WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2