Options

2011 ... good year, bad year ...eh?

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Honestly though, I cannot wait for this year to be over. In fact I would just much prefer to be black-out drunk until January 1st.
    I am SO with you on that.
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I survived 2010 so by design 2011 was marginally better through some still very tough times.I plan to complete healing in 2012 ... and maybe even ready to do it all again :?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    I really have nothing to complain about sorry to hear it sucked for so many here , i hope 2012 is better for all of you :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I've *never* been one for celebrating New Year's, always been my least liked holiday.

But this year? I may need to pay homage. Because this year fucking SUCKED.

Not just like meh there were good times and bad times. Like on a galactic level SUCKED.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things though, the fact I'm still alive right now means something went right I guess. While I feel like a jalopy barely keeping my parts together, I'm still moving. I keep trying to see silver linings. And there were some good things. But the things that were bad...sweet lord. It's like WTF man.

It's damn near broken me.

So yep, this sums my feelings up pretty much!

45981_1175911294509_1729914460_326243_951297_n.jpg[/quote

This describes my year perfectly. Could not have said it better.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    This year has been a blah year...nothing good happened...nothing really bad happened. Honestly I can't really remember most of the year :? The days have all kind of blended together and I'm having trouble remembering how recently things happened. Jobs have both been going well...and that's probably the most positive thing that's happened this year...but in my personal life I've felt like a giant pair of ears (come dump all your problems on me), but when I go to speak, it's like no sound comes out because no one fucking hears me. I've felt totally disconnected and invisible. I'm not really sure what goals I even have for the future...aside from traveling more and seeing PJ...and telling a bunch of people to grow up and fuck off :thumbup: :wave:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    It was an okay year until Hurricane Irene destroyed my house. Three feet of water because a dam broke near my town. I lost everything I owned including my car, but my dogs and I are alive so it's not all that bad. I got a new place and new start...so maybe it's the start of a great year coming :D
    Live Life love people, you never know what battle they may be facing..

Your worth has always been there...don't argue with those who see it.just accept you are valuable.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    We should award someone the "Suckiest Year" award at the end of the year.
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    3 Solo Ed shows, Alpine Valley, seeing PJ20 in a theater with a bunch of hard-core fans - and then there's the book and blu-ray.

So pretty darn great on the PJ front.
    Kept my job and house, even went to London/Paris & Amsterdam.
    Going to the very private Club 33 at Disneyland for lunch in December.

Pretty awesome year for me personally.

There might be enough frustration against the oligarchy with Occupy Wall Street that some small iota of change might happen - but I doubt it. Disappointed there is still nothing substantial being done about the lack of jobs/offshoring of our future and the worsening of the environment to make me feel good about my kids' future though.
    So less awesome globally.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    i give it eh so far.

Music/concert: :thumbup:
    Philly sports- :thumbdown:
    personal: :-| went on a few "dates" nothing happened, still at same job (guess that's ok although i should look for something else). still got my health and cats :? :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    2010 was hands down the best year I had ever had. Saw an unreal number of concerts including my first PJ shows, got into college, graduated high school, had the summer of my life, started an amazing freshman year at college and became even closer with my best friends. Funny thing is I made the worst mistake of my life so far during 2010 but all the good outweighs that no problem. I wish I could do 2010 over a million times.

So 2011 was gonna have to be RIDICULOUS to be better than that year. From January-mid July was a pretty good run. But since JUly in general this year has been sucky for me and I've been in a weird funk. So because it's been sucky as of late it's been hard to remember the good stuff from earlier this year. All I can hope for this that 2012 is a great year for me, and CERTAINLY better than these past couple of really rough months.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    For concerts this year has been amazing!!!
    Other than that the year has sucked donkey-schlong.

Bring on 2012!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Pros:

Tres Mts. Great Show
    Pearl Jam - awesome
    The ED SHOW - excellent
    Kids all healthy
    Grandbabies all healthy
    Have a roof over my head and food on the table

Cons:

Car accident - ouch!!!
    Health problems
    Job problems
    All = money woes

Outlook:

I'm still alive and kicking and looking forward to at least the same or better next year, hopefully a huge minus on the car accident for 2012
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Honestly though, I cannot wait for this year to be over. In fact I would just much prefer to be black-out drunk until January 1st.
    I am SO with you on that.

a-fucking-men.

and certainly, i realize so many have had it much, MUCH worse than myself this year, absolutely.
    but sure, just thinking about it on a personal level, definitely meh, though better than the 2nd half of 2010, so yea. seems it's been a rough road for many this year. grrrr.

quite happy to hear some great stories from some though, absolutely awesome!
    also seems many of us at least have some good memories too - we all need that, otherwise we'd all be offing ourselves, haha. so glad we all have good things to hold onto, that keep us here. :) seems pj has been a highlight for many of us too.

here's to hoping that the time we have left in 2011 treats us with kindness, and that 2012 turns out to be a KICK ASS year!
    :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396

here's to hoping that the time we have left in 2011 treats us with kindness, and that 2012 turns out to be a KICK ASS year!

I completely support this hope for 2012! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    2012 needs to be WAY better...
  • Options
    2012 needs to be WAY better...

brevity, well stated.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Pros:
    PJ20 - one of the best weekends I've ever had.
    Several awesome concerts, including Paul McCartney and Weird Al, plus winning a free Lolla ticket
    Didn't get fired
    Paid off my student loans, finally

Cons:
    Grandma died in May - and that really, really hurt. :cry:
    I turned 30, and to my surprise that got to me way more than I thought it would. :?

All in all, it's not the worst year I've had in the past few years, but it wasn't the best either.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    its been a good year for me
    I am happy with the status quo given all the shit thats flying around the world at the moment.
    My son's first base hit off the tee (albeit as a yankee) was a highlight.
    So was watching my 3 year old fearlessly learn to swim.
    Ev shows in Hartford an NYC were also a lot of fun.

Im a simple man, I dont need much to keep me happy!

except hookers and blow-kidding!
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Get_Right wrote:

:lol: :thumbup:
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    conman wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

:lol: :thumbup:
    :lol::lol:

was wondering if anyone would catch that!
  • Options
    hoping the rest of 2011 carries on as the past week has, still would be an eh year, at best, overall ... but would at least end on a fairly positive note, and with a bit of a bang. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    hoping the rest of 2011 carries on as the past week has, still would be an eh year, at best, overall ... but would at least end on a fairly positive note, and with a bit of a bang. ;)
    :lol: Every new year should begin with a bit of a bang :mrgreen: Glad things are looking up
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    :lol: Every new year should begin with a bit of a bang :mrgreen: Glad things are looking up

to be fair, only *some* things - but, i'll take what i can get! :mrgreen:
    and, i completely agree. ;)

it's said how you spend your first day of a new year sets the tone for the rest, so i always try to hit that "tone" just right. ;) it doesn't always translate into a great year, but at least it's usually a great new year's day. 8-)

(if only, finally, that would include a new career, but alas, still elusive)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Since the last five years were not good ones (esp. 2010), I'd have to say that 2011 has been great. Got out of the wheel chair in March, the nerve damage in my hand is very slowly subsiding, every day I walk just a little bit better, and in September enrolled back in school to start a new career a 40. I'm busy again, I'm happy every day that I'm alive and walking, my family is well, so life has to be good. :D
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Its been a pretty good year - can't complain too much. I have 2 great kids, wonderful friends and family. I'm healthy and my kids are healthy so thats all that really counts.

I do hope for a litttle bit more excitement for 2012... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,926
    Overall, it's been pretty awesome :) Can't really complain about anything.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I won't complain because I'm happy to be here and have my family here, but, still, overall, 2011 has not been a good year in many ways. But bad things have been balanced out by good things. Hoping that 2012 will be better.
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    It was a roller coaster year. I guess most are.

Happy things: Great, GREAT live music year, the most shows I've ever seen (Tres Mts, 3 EV solo shows, MMJ, PJ20), meeting so many friends from the boards, agility tournaments with the unlost dogs nearly every weekend, a new vehicle, a new camper.

Terrible things: Lost my dear auntie after a short illness. Lost a friend after a long illness. Lost another friend in a boating accident. Lost a semi-family member (sister-in-law's brother) in a fall from a ladder.

Changes (other than above): Growing my hair long.

That about sums it up.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    As volatile as the stock market....

Lost my job but on same day got to see Tres Mts on Jimmy Kimmel the same day :lol:
    Had 6 months without working but had the best time including PJ20 and Toronto (hanging with the most amazing people along the way) :mrgreen:
    Got a job but not near me... so I have to commute ... all paid... to South Beach :lol:
    Had a heart attack 10 days into job :? :shock: ... which caused me to quit smoking, start exercising and eat healthy... which may have me live a lot longer :lol:

So could have been worse or better :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,211
    As volatile as the stock market....

Lost my job but on same day got to see Tres Mts on Jimmy Kimmel the same day :lol:
    Had 6 months without working but had the best time including PJ20 and Toronto (hanging with the most amazing people along the way) :mrgreen:
    Got a job but not near me... so I have to commute ... all paid... to South Beach :lol:
    Had a heart attack 10 days into job :? :shock: ... which caused me to quit smoking, start exercising and eat healthy... which may have me live a lot longer :lol:

So could have been worse or better :mrgreen:
    the good part is can get better :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”