Options

Buenos Aires 2011 poster for PJ20 Deluxe DVD

juancor70juancor70 Posts: 206
edited November 2011 in Lost Dogs
EDIT: THE PERSON THAT WAS INTERESTED IN THE TRADE FUCKED ME OVER. HE MADE ME BUY 2 POSTERS AND NOW HE WILL NOT RESPOND MY MESSAGES. HIS NAME IS VEDDERMAN72. Read below for details.

Anyone who has a PJ20 Deluxe DVD that wants to trade for the upcoming poster of Buenos Aires concert, please let me know.... as you can see, the Brazil ones are selling on eBay for 250-350 USD; so I'm thinking it's a fair trade.

I'm already getting a few posters for some people here, so please don't PM to get you posters.

I will only get one for the person with whom I will exchange the PJ20 Deluxe DVD.

And since I only need one copy of the DVD - it's first come, first serve.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lol
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    Buena suerte Juan. No tienes a nadie en tu Facebook que viva en argentina? Algunas veces los pósters los venden fuera de lugar, así quizás alguien te pueda comprar uno sin nisiquiers entrar al concierto!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    Gracias por la buena onda! Yo vivo en Argentina y voy al concierto - me ofrezco a comprarle uno a alguien para cambiarlo por el Deluxe DVD. Le digo a la gente que no me mande PM por los posters porque ya estoy comprando varios para amigos de acá del foro, así que no puedo comprar más.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    vamos a la playa!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    VAMOS DIMI!!!!!!!
  • Options
    cendhcendh Posts: 214
    Nice trade.
    Diego
  • Options
    I'll trade my 2011 Edmonton Emek poster, show version, for the deluxe DVD....
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    I already have someone interested in the trade - Please don't PM me about it anymore.

For those who PM'd me - it was first come, first serve. I will reach out to you individually to let you know.

THANKS!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    great stuff mate :D
  • Options
    I got fucked over by the guy that wanted to trade the Buenos Aires poster for the DVD. I wrote him like 5 messages after the show and he's not responding. I know he's reading them because they don't appear in my outbox.

The guy said that he will trade that but only if I bought him 2 posters (he would trade me one for the DVD and pay me for the other one) I asked him way in advanced if he was sure of this as I didn't have a lot of money and I don't want to be stuck with 2 posters. He confirmed and I have his messages in my inbox saying that everything was fine. After the show....... He's still not responding. Yesterday I gave him 24 hs before i post in the forum about this bullshit. It's time for me to do that.

Veddeman72 is his name.

Please be warned. Do not trade or sell to him.

I will post a message after every message he writes from now on, just to let everyone know about this and avoid people getting scammed.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    i know its none of my business but maybe something came up where he cant respond and where he can only view the PMs on his phone. I know a lot of users cant respond to PMs on their phone. I have traded with this person two times and he's become a friend. Just my two sense. Hope it works out for both of you
    -EV
  • Options
    That sucks Juan :( I'm happy we use the honor system here in the forum but sometimes it backfires really bad.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    i know its none of my business but maybe something came up where he cant respond and where he can only view the PMs on his phone. I know a lot of users cant respond to PMs on their phone. I have traded with this person two times and he's become a friend. Just my two sense. Hope it works out for both of you
    -EV

please intervene Dave, Juans a seriously nice guy and this really sucks for him. If you help straighten this out you'd be doing a great thing, and I'd really appreciate your efforts too.

Juan is a friend and Id hate to think someone is blatantly abusing his trust
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    and really people cant respond to PMs from their phone? how come? You can on the iphone ? either via the app or the pjstattracker app
    Post edited by pdalowsky on
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    -EV

please intervene Dave, Juans a seriously nice guy and this really sucks for him. If you help straighten this out you'd be doing a great thing, and I'd really appreciate your efforts too.

Juan is a friend and Id hate to think someone is blatantly abusing his trust

Will do Paul. For the interests of both. Keep on keeping on....
  • Options
    vedderman72vedderman72 Posts: 387
    edited November 2011
    I have been away for work and it has been very hard for me to get to a computer, I have two things the first thing is that I sent you a mess via this website saying that I didnt want to go through with the trade it sounds like you didnt get the mess if that is the case I am willing to work some thing out with you so you are not stuck with these posters. The second thing is you telling everyone that I fucked you over I have been trading on here for years and I have never screwed any one over I might get lazy and not get back to some one and that is my fault if I have done that to some one I am sorry but my guess is almost every one has done that before. So lets work this out like adults and not children
    Post edited by vedderman72 on
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    pdalowsky wrote:
    and really people cant respond to PMs from their phone? how come? You can on the iphone ? either via the app or the pjstattracker app

I can't even get on the forum on my phone (threads or PM's) I'm using an iPhone4. I emailed 10c about it but never heard back.

I access the forum and PM's now through the Stat Tracker app...before I was using the Safari that came on the phone but nothing would show up except white...maybe I was doing something wrong?

Anyways, It's not out of the realm of possibility that someone can go 24 hours without vising a band's fan forum...some people do have other things to do.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

I can't even get on the forum on my phone (threads or PM's) I'm using an iPhone4. I emailed 10c about it but never heard back.

I access the forum and PM's now through the Stat Tracker app...before I was using the Safari that came on the phone but nothing would show up except white...maybe I was doing something wrong?

Anyways, It's not out of the realm of possibility that someone can go 24 hours without vising a band's fan forum...some people do have other things to do.

Genuine question Scott

if it came across as sarcasm that wasnt the intention. I was merely wondering why people couldnt access on their phone? I had the white issue, but the PJ app bypassed safari - and although its largely crap and unusable the stat tracker app was the thing that made it all right.

I guess the point here was someone could pick up the messages, read them and not respond despite striking up a deal with someone which could cost them money. So there was clearly a use of the bands forum just a failure to respond, or give the courtesy of a 'im really busy, i'll get back to you shortly' reply.
  • Options
    I have been away for work and it has been very hard for me to get to a computer, I have two things the first thing is that I sent you a mess via this website saying that I didnt want to go through with the trade it sounds like you didnt get the mess if that is the case I am willing to work some thing out with you so you are not stuck with these posters. The second thing is you telling everyone that I fucked you over I have been trading on here for years and I have never screwed any one over I might get lazy and not get back to some one and that is my fault if I have done that to some one I am sorry but my guess is almost every one has done that before. So lets work this out like adults and not children

bingo, nicely done. :)
  • Options
    I am willing to pay you face value including shipping for the posters so you are not out any money let me know if this is something you want to do....thanks.
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • Options
    I am willing to pay you face value including shipping for the posters so you are not out any money let me know if this is something you want to do....thanks.

:|
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340

Did he score a variant for you? Either way, the pain in the ass factor of leaving one of those shows with mint posters earns more than face value (IMO).
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options

Oh
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Oh

He's been very generous, instead of trading the deluxe DVD he'll just pay face value for the poster :lol:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options

This would't even begin to cover the fact that:

A. You are not holding your end of a deal
    B. You kept me from closing this deal with another member of the forum that was interested
    C. My girlfriend carried those posters in a poster tube for 6 hours because I got there really early to buy more than 2 posters.

Dave, I know you are mediating this, but forgive me for finding this offer unacceptable. Face value plus shipping I could get that any day. And it wouldn't make up for the fact that a member of this forum broke the honor code.
  • Options
    sorry to hear this Juan. It is indeed most fortunate.

My only solution is The Faithfull unite to help Juan. We all chip in $5 each until we have enough to get Juan a DVD Deluxe set off of ebay!! Who's with me?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    juancor70 wrote:

This would't even begin to cover the fact that:

A. You are not holding your end of a deal
    B. You kept me from closing this deal with another member of the forum that was interested
    C. My girlfriend carried those posters in a poster tube for 6 hours because I got there really early to buy more than 2 posters.

Dave, I know you are mediating this, but forgive me for finding this offer unacceptable. Face value plus shipping I could get that any day. And it wouldn't make up for the fact that a member of this forum broke the honor code.

Juan, I'm sorry this happened, but it is now done, and directing your anger towards vedderman72 isn't going to get you your Deluxe DVD. What can we do to help? Can you sell to some others you turned away previously? Can you put it on eBay and get funds to buy the Deluxe DVD? Did you get any other trade offers, or maybe trade for something that might get you closer to the Deluxe DVD?

Sorry if I'm not being helpful.
  • Options
    PJLuisPJLuis Posts: 385
    juancor70 wrote:
    C. My girlfriend carried those posters in a poster tube for 6 hours

No tuviste problema para ingresar el tubo al recinto?

Soy de Méxco y dudo que nos dejen meter los tubos.
  • Options
    The problem being here is the artist sale already happened so the poster doesn't have the same demand as it did just after the show

Let's be honest here. Juan got screwed no question, and until called out he was ignored on 5 occasions.... Having a busy week really doesn't explain that.

But don't forget there was a 'missing message'' that mysteriously wasn't received

Gotta move on though Juan, just an important reminder that not everyone is trustworthy - not even here :(
  • Options
    sorry to hear this Juan. It is indeed most fortunate.

My only solution is The Faithfull unite to help Juan. We all chip in $5 each until we have enough to get Juan a DVD Deluxe set off of ebay!! Who's with me?

Dave, it's cool people like you that make me think that I'm glad that I'm a part of this forum. I appreciate everything you've done to help out and your support. Unfortunately not everyone is like you.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Gotta move on though Juan, just an important reminder that not everyone is trustworthy - not even here :(

You are completely right. I'm just happy that everyone knows who is who. I'm just a guy who went out of his way to put up with his end of the deal. And at the end of the day, no one's paying the price for that. Except me.
This discussion has been closed.