So it's over now...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
My fiance'/girlfriend of 8 years...I guess I need to start referring to her as my ex, moved most of her stuff out of our house today. :cry: I'm so fucked up right now. I still love her with all of my heart. She says she doesn't. Over the past few years I have been so consumed with work and other issues that I let her slip away. :( I'm so sad.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    sorry to hear that. hang in there.
  • ((((hugs)))) I'm so sorry :(
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • So sorry dude...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    so sorry to hear this. Focus on you right now.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ahhh, go have a mic ultra or 50

it's all up hill from here. enjoy the freedom, enjoy the new chases, and enjoy not having to deal with crappy gf friends. :P

seriously, enjoy it....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Sorry to hear that...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    sack up
    go out
    and meet some strange :!:

Look forward and save your energy for making yourself feel good. I suggest an eddie murphy marathon for starters.

Seriously, there are so many beautiful, wonderful women out there to get to know.
    A world of new experiences just opened up for you man!

And I am jealous as hell! :D
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

seriously, enjoy it....

I can't. :( You don't understand that I love her with all of my heart. :(
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    So sorry to hear that DS, that's one of the toughest things in the world to have to go through but you'll get through it. The one upside is that at least this happened before you got married.

One day at a time man!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    what's the rule...you can feel bad for one week per year together?

fine....you can have until jan to feel bad...but after that...damn it....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,940
    81 wrote:
    :think: :think: :think: :problem: :thumbdown: :wtf: too soon.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Sorry you are sad, DS.

and 81 sounds jealous! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    as soon as i opened this thread, Present Tense came on my itunes.... i think that's a sign

seriously though, my advice from before still stands and so does my offer
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Sorry to hear DS....

go get drunk as fuck and crank the fuck outta PJ!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Drinks are on me...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYqnoULgD30

seriously though, sorry about what happened ds...ultra lights are on 81!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Eat, Drink, Smoke, Whack Off and hit the bed, hopefully You'll feel a tiny bit better tomorrow.
  • Tomorrow is Day 1 after what sounds like a definitive end date today. It could take a while but things will get better. I think I posted this a previous but put on Present Tense, listen to the words and try to accept that things are over, go through your mourning period and you must carve out a new path.
    There is no retreating -- only moving forward. Sometimes life can suck balls.
    To quote a great, great man -- Sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you.

Keep your chin up bro.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I'm sorry...I went through this a couple years ago. My ex moved out after living for 4 years together--and he did it the the day after xmas.

If you want to vent or talk or anything, PM me. I've been there. I know what its like to live with a partner long term and having it end--and desperately not wanting it to.

You don't want to hear this, but it DOES get better. In the meantime, once you get over the initial shock and sadness, find a FWB--someone with no strings- and F your brains out. That helps.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

seriously, enjoy it....

I can't. :( You don't understand that I love her with all of my heart. :(
    I know that feeling. My girlfriend kicked me out after we'd been together four years (living together a year and a half). I was a complete fucking wreck for like a full week. I moved back in with my parents and it was the longest six weeks of my life.

But I stopped wallowing in my misery and found myself an apartment and that helped. Then a friend of mine was looking for a roommate so I moved in with him and that was an even bigger improvement.

I got my shit together and eventually my girlfriend and I got back together. We got married a couple years later.

I'm not saying this will be the outcome here. I'm just saying that it really makes things worse if you dwell on it.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Sorry you're feeling so sad...should we tell more drunk stories to make you laugh?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    afroannnie wrote:
    Sorry you're feeling so sad...should we tell more drunk stories to make you laugh?

Drunk stories always make me fel better.
    DS1119 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

when do we start drinking?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Whenever the shot girl with the alcoholic whipped cream shows up....
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    your thread title reminds me of this
    http://youtu.be/PtSRD9i1Vyg
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:

Whenever the shot girl with the alcoholic whipped cream shows up....
    81 wrote:
    :x

:lol::lol::lol:

81 makes a great shot girl! bad aim...but really fun!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Ok, seriously Dave, be thankful you didn't go thru the marriage and have to later get divorced.

Go ahead and feel sad/angry, 8 years is a long time to spend with someone and then to have it suddenly end. We're all here for you. {{{HUGS}}}
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited November 2011
    Hey man. We're all here for you the whole way along the process! Time to start making baby steps to creating your new life NOW! Small steps man & you'll get there meanwhile crank the PJ!
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011