Options

**Vancouver Fanviews here 4/03**

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,548
    And to the person with setlists from both nights...how did you get them, and I guess there is more than one for each night cause i have the same one? Pretty cool though

the setlist from the 1st Vancouver show was given to me by Jesse (hence the fold marks as it was in his pocket) and the setlist from the 2nd Vancouver show was given to my brother by Greg. yes, there are several setlists distributed among the crew and Ed,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    Thanks for posting those pics on your facebook profile! Im getting so amped for tonight in Santa Cruz.

no problem, but oh gosh, you guys werent all able to see my whole profile right? :S
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • Options
    thesovietthesoviet Posts: 41
    was pretty steamed that missed out on night one, but night two i was about 20 rows back, it was amazing. Gives you a whole new perspective on Eddie...once in a lifetime (or twice) hahha.
    i cannot stop the thought.......running in the dark

Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Gorge 7/23/06
    EV Vancouver 2 04/06/08
  • Options
    The Forever Young performed by EV is a Bob Dylan song.. EV WOULD NOT DO A ROD STEWART COVER!!
    I can see him singing Maggie May...
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    All the videos on Youtube have been taken down!!!! and it looks like there was one of ARC!!
    aaaggghghhhhhhh!!!!!! this is distressing. is there somewhere a little more discreet where we can post these videos?
  • Options
    zarniwoop wrote:
    All the videos on Youtube have been taken down!!!! and it looks like there was one of ARC!!
    aaaggghghhhhhhh!!!!!! this is distressing. is there somewhere a little more discreet where we can post these videos?

I noticed the same thing! I want to relive Arc! It was so beautiful! Someone send me that video!
  • Options
    you guys werent all able to see my whole profile right?

consider it creeped, hottie. hehehehehhe *wink* *ssssslurp* hehehhe

:D
    J/k.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    consider it creeped, hottie. hehehehehhe *wink* *ssssslurp* hehehhe

:D
    J/k.

hahahah! I believed you at first and was freaked out!
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i know those crazy mary requests were silly, but in the back area of orch L, there was a guy who actually yelled "Pearl Jam Sucks!!" twice!
    that guy was by us...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    The "We Love You Ed" and "Liam Finn!!!" guys were behind me the second night. They were acutally pretty well behaved as security was watching them....They were kind of entertaining.

I did notice a guy with a kid on his shoulders who was blocking everyone's view (and reaching for Ed at one point) getting into it with a security guy (the one who's head was shaped like Matt Cameron's)...I couldn't hear them but I made out several expletives coming from the dad, with his kid still on his shoulders. I saw the security guy say "Would you like to leave?" before the guy put his kid down and returned to his seat....

But still, night two was so magical....can't explain....
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Mere superlatives can't do this show justice. I 'm only glad I had no one behind me in Row G, seat 245, second balcony. It was great to stand all show long. The show was so incredibly moving and full of energy and passion, I welled up during ARC and No MORE , that I felt guilty on Wednesday for being seated so much. Like I wasn't paying Ed back for all he was doing.

From Walking the Cow all the way through Hard Sun, I felt privileged to enjoy such a masterful , moving, emotional, passionate, incredible energy even during quieter songs , driven, and also fun ( the fun of getting together with an old friend you've not seen for awhile and catching up...right down to Ed's current evens readings, Dewey Cox, banter with the crowd,etc..) performance.

Praying we get treated to some of the songs as pre-shows or as part of longer, full band, accoustic " experiments" in June.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    PurlGurlPurlGurl Posts: 36
    yahamita wrote:
    ARC--The chanting started, and the tears started flowing. I could not control the crying during this beautiful moment.

And why was everyone sitting down during LUKIN!?!?!?!?!?!

I wasn't feeling this yuppie upitty crowd from last night. They were all decked out for the opera, and basically sat the entire time, barely making any noise, except to clap a bit..and the annoying asses who continue to hollar out during the performance. Enough is enough! I can see a few I LOVE ED"S but every quiet moment, someone had something to say..I wanted to tell this young blonde near me to shut the fuck up! She kept shouting play crazy mary over and over...enough already!!!

and again, I want to mention the stage set up and the back drops. Simply Ed...Simply amazing, Big Hard Sun, amazing ending to another incredible show.
    I know...there were a LOT of people who really pissed me off with their shout outs at inappropriate times...my husband being one of them with his "Eddie, stop in Seattle". Don't worry, I smacked him for all of you...and, sorry! Anyhoo, I loved the backdrops, the ambienance, the fans, and especially Ed. He is such a beautiful soul, I swear I always shed a few tears in his presence. Was I the only one who was bawling during Forever Young? Ahhh!
    Huh?!
    Seattle-11/5/00
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    The Gorge 7/22/06
    Vancouver 4/3/08
  • Options
    Theres a 2 min clip of Forever Young taped from very close on Youtube right now...catch it before its taken down!
  • Options
    There was an 8 minute clip on Youtube that has also been taken down! and in the picture you can see Ed and Liam so Society in entirety was most likely in the clip. This is annoying!
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    What? No Cafe pics? ;):D
    I debated! hahaha!
    I have one of you and Master walking out of the Little Amsterdam..I titled it Leavin Here! What a flipping great find!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    yahamita wrote:
    I debated! hahaha!
    I have one of you and Master walking out of the Little Amsterdam..I titled it Leavin Here! What a flipping great find!

Ha Ha :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I'd say the 2nd night was better, mainly becuase people weren't quite as rude. there were some really obnoxious people shouting stupid shit. It was hard not to be distracted, I'm sure Ed feels the same way. Both killer shows though. Ed did seem much looser than the 1st, the vino probably helped his nerves.

It seemed like the crowd was the major issue at the first show...was it better night 2?

Adam

September 8, 1992 Phoenix
    June 14, 1998 D.C.
    July 13, 1998 Inglewood
    October 24, 2000 Los Angeles
    July 9, 2006 Los Angeles
  • Options
    MaggsMaggs Posts: 2
    I was at the show on April 3rd and it was incredible. Eddie was completely in his element. I felt it was a very personal tour for him, something he had wanted to do for a long time, play in an intimate setting and connect with his fans. This show was self-indulgent, it was all about Eddie and wanting his fans to know him, what he likes, what he can do. It was moving. Having been very effected by "Into the Wild" and seeing how inspired Eddie was by this story was overwhelming. He is truly one of the great musicians of our generation. His voice was incredible, like a finely tuned instrument, hearing ARC was an amazing experience. I wouldn't consider it the best concert I have ever seen, but it was certainly the most intimate and moving one. Eddie drew me in, with his talent, his charisma and his dedication to his craft.
  • Options
    Maggs wrote:
    I was at the show on April 3rd and it was incredible. Eddie was completely in his element. I felt it was a very personal tour for him, something he had wanted to do for a long time, play in an intimate setting and connect with his fans. This show was self-indulgent, it was all about Eddie and wanting his fans to know him, what he likes, what he can do. It was moving. Having been very effected by "Into the Wild" and seeing how inspired Eddie was by this story was overwhelming. He is truly one of the great musicians of our generation. His voice was incredible, like a finely tuned instrument, hearing ARC was an amazing experience. I wouldn't consider it the best concert I have ever seen, but it was certainly the most intimate and moving one. Eddie drew me in, with his talent, his charisma and his dedication to his craft.

According to the Seattle Times, as Ed walked offstage the first night, he said, "Who would have thought that after all these years....thanks for the different type of conversation..."

And during this show, I really UNDERSTOOD the Into The Wild story...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Can anybody tell me the two tunes ed played on the Uke at the 4/3 show?
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    spearhead wrote:
    Can anybody tell me the two tunes ed played on the Uke at the 4/3 show?

Goodbye and Soon Forget were both played on the Uke.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    MUCH THANKS!!!!

One of my BEST friends went to this show (AFTER YEARS OF HARRASSMENT BY ME FOR NOT BEING AS INTO EVERYTHING PEARL JAM AS I AM), and really liked tese two tunes, so I wanted to let him know whicj ones they were...thanks again.
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    Does anyone have any photos of Adrian and Denice from Surfrider? I'd like to email it to the Surfrider Foundation in San Clemente for their next big "Making Waves"....you know, cuz they were so awesome and appreciative of the exposure!

Thanks!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Does anyone have any photos of Adrian and Denice from Surfrider? I'd like to email it to the Surfrider Foundation in San Clemente for their next big "Making Waves"....you know, cuz they were so awesome and appreciative of the exposure!

Thanks!

i have a pic of them, ill put it up here. hang on

this is them right?
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5370.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah! That's them! Thanks so much!!!

You know, I went and bought a Laird Hamilton SUP board yesterday after all....It takes up so much room in my house! But gosh, darned - it's beautiful!!

This was due to the Eddie Vedder high....no, seriously, I've wanted one since trying the sport in Hawaii....
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    thesovietthesoviet Posts: 41
    i cannot stop the thought.......running in the dark

Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Gorge 7/23/06
    EV Vancouver 2 04/06/08
  • Options
    thesoviet wrote:

A video of Around The Bend comes on after that one if you click "more" or whatever that option is except there is no link, can someone post it, possibly save it etc before its all taken away.

Nice find, its not the same as being there though, soooo beautiful.