Options

**Vancouver Fanviews here 4/03**

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Please share your show experience here. :)

Ed Vedder April Fool's Tour

April 3, 2008 The Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Set List (unconfirmed): Walking the Cow, Around the Bend, I Am Mine, Dead Man, Setting Forth, No Ceiling, Guaranteed, Far Behind, Rise, Millworker, Goodbye, Broken Hearted, Soon Forget, I Used to Work in Chicago, Drifting, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Trouble, If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out, Porch

1st encore: Forever Young, Society, Lukin, No More
2nd encore: Arc, Hard Sun
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bigshashabigshasha Posts: 38
    setlist??? anyone??
    I wanna run like the lions.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Walking The Cow
    Around The Bend
    I Am Mine
    Dead Man
    Setting Forth
    No Ceiling
    Guaranteed
    Far Behind
    Rise
    Millworker
    Goodbye
    Broken Heart
    Soon Forget
    Used To Work In Chicago
    Drifting
    Hide Your Love Away
    Here's To The State (**on the Setlist in this spot, NOT played)
    Trouble
    Sing Out
    Porch
    Forever Young
    Society (w/ Liam Finn)
    Lukin
    No More
    Arc
    Hard Sun (w/ Liam Finn)

Lukin and Arc- WOW!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    The show was amazing, just eddie and a guitar. One of, if not the best show, I have ever had the privelage of attending.
    Thanks to Vancouver and all those who organized the pre meet up, so many people, so many great items auctioned off for a great cause....i bid on and successfully one the spain 2007.
    Vaccouver represented......awesome!!!
    :D:D:D:D

it was nice to meet pit faces too at the preparty.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Arc :)

That song was so good live, I was lucky enough to see it in 03, I can't imagine how amazing it sounds in a smaller venue without people screaming and shit.
  • Options
    any pictures of this show? just saw the fist night
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    any pictures of this show?

Hopefully not, other than the official ones ;)

I'm sad to see Long Nights is not being played :(
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Second show was also incredible. The crowd was different, lots of older people all dressed up to go to the show, even saw some kids. The area we sat in gave a whole different feeling to the show from the night before...we were in the orchestra surrounded by fan club members night one - totally rocking and loving it. Then night two we were in the "dress circle", second tier. I felt like the older couple next to me was not happy with me bouncing around in my seat. Oh well :)

Eddie seemed much more comfortable the second night. His harmonica was giving him troubles, so he tossed it out in the crowd asking them to dispose of it (some lucky gal!) Then his second harmonica didn't work, so he got the old one tossed back on stage and gave the same gal the other. Went right back into jamming :)

Doesn't seem Ed was as talkative...there were more creative shout outs anytime he paused playing - so I think he just kept playing to avoid people telling him weird things like "I love you homosexually" :rolleyes: He handled that one very well, I must say.

I hope there are boots from these shows! Such an incredible experience! Thank you, Eddie! :D
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    It seemed like the crowd was the major issue at the first show...was it better night 2?

Adam

September 8, 1992 Phoenix
    June 14, 1998 D.C.
    July 13, 1998 Inglewood
    October 24, 2000 Los Angeles
    July 9, 2006 Los Angeles
    Adampharris
    1992: Phoenix, Desert Sky Pavilion
    1998: RFK Stadium -- Tibetan Freedom
    1998: Great Western Forum I
    2000: Greek Theater
    2006: Great Western Forum I
    2008: The Wiltern (EV SOLO)
    2008: VH1 The Who Tribute
    2009: LA I, LA III, SD
  • Options
    billybilly Posts: 4
    I posted this in another thread but thought I should put it here ...

dont have the energy left to write a full length review but all I can say is that tonight was just amazing. I've been to a lot of Pearl Jam shows and saw Ed play last night.... but this was really special. Ed, Liam and EJ were all great. the crowd was awesome I thought, in comparison to last night. a few of us (including some new Aussie friends) stuck around and we're really lucky to meet Ed as he was leaving. a roadie that I had been talking to all day found an EV pick and brought it out to me too. wow what a great few days this has been. he signed the Spain poster I bought last night at the Surfrider / Wishlist doobey. this will be a night that I never forget.

... coffee cup up and back
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,922
    *dawn* wrote:
    Doesn't seem Ed was as talkative...there were more creative shout outs anytime he paused playing - so I think he just kept playing to avoid people telling him weird things like "I love you homosexually" :rolleyes: He handled that one very well, I must say.
    :D

What was his reaction? Glad that you enjoyed both shows . . . I'm very envious. I always seem to be on the wrong continent when there's a tour.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 386
    Arc :)

That song was so good live, I was lucky enough to see it in 03, I can't imagine how amazing it sounds in a smaller venue without people screaming and shit.

There were still people screaming, but it was SO AMAZING. I never thought I'd ever get to hear that song live. It gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. The screamers didn't interrupt too bad, or maybe I was just so enthralled i didn't notice.
  • Options
    What was his reaction? Glad that you enjoyed both shows . . . I'm very envious. I always seem to be on the wrong continent when there's a tour.

Let me see...first Eddie asked him to repeat the last word...then when he asked again, he counted the number of syllables in the word while setting up his gear. Finally, he said something like "normally I would say I love you too, but I've been hurt by guys like you before" or something similar :) crowd went wild & he started playing another song.

I am very lucky to have gone to both shows, it was a gift to score tickets on ticketmaster at the last minute to night two! Now I'm at work running on about 2 hours sleep, totally worth it :D
  • Options
    I'm sad to see Long Nights is not being played :([/quote]

I'm holding out for that on a PJ opener.......
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    what is sing out?
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    pjtaper wrote:
    what is sing out?

it is a song... by cat stevens... that ev did a cover of..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    yes, it's "If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out" - Cat Stevens
    from the movie Harold and Maude
    This is how I feel....

If there was a reason, it was you
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    this show was incredible. my god, we are lucky to have attended that one. the first night jitters were gone and ed just rocked it.

that heterosexually comment took the cake, that was soo funny.

great, great two night here in van, sad its all over, it was awesome to meet a ton of you guys.....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 584
    Awesome show, simply put! Can't wait for another fix with a PJ tour. Lukin was the highlight for me, loved the "sing along" intro so that it was a totally unexpected song.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    ARC--The chanting started, and the tears started flowing. I could not control the crying during this beautiful moment.

And why was everyone sitting down during LUKIN!?!?!?!?!?!

I wasn't feeling this yuppie upitty crowd from last night. They were all decked out for the opera, and basically sat the entire time, barely making any noise, except to clap a bit..and the annoying asses who continue to hollar out during the performance. Enough is enough! I can see a few I LOVE ED"S but every quiet moment, someone had something to say..I wanted to tell this young blonde near me to shut the fuck up! She kept shouting play crazy mary over and over...enough already!!!

and again, I want to mention the stage set up and the back drops. Simply Ed...Simply amazing, Big Hard Sun, amazing ending to another incredible show.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    ! She kept shouting play crazy mary over and over...enough already!!!

i know those crazy mary requests were silly, but in the back area of orch L, there was a guy who actually yelled "Pearl Jam Sucks!!" twice!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    i know those crazy mary requests were silly, but in the back area of orch L, there was a guy who actually yelled "Pearl Jam Sucks!!" twice!
    It was so incredibly nice to meet you!!!!! I had a blast in your country, all except border patrol! and thanks again for the sweet hookup! YOU RULE!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    It was so incredibly nice to meet you!!!!! I had a blast in your country, all except border patrol! and thanks again for the sweet hookup! YOU RULE!

no problem!!! yeah that border trouble all you guys dealt with sucks....at least you made it in.....glad you got home alright.....was awesome meeting you too, so is masterframer banned on here or what? i heard something about that....
  • Options
    Did he use that track recorder loop thing for ARC?
    yahamita wrote:
    ARC--The chanting started, and the tears started flowing. I could not control the crying during this beautiful moment.

And why was everyone sitting down during LUKIN!?!?!?!?!?!

I wasn't feeling this yuppie upitty crowd from last night. They were all decked out for the opera, and basically sat the entire time, barely making any noise, except to clap a bit..and the annoying asses who continue to hollar out during the performance. Enough is enough! I can see a few I LOVE ED"S but every quiet moment, someone had something to say..I wanted to tell this young blonde near me to shut the fuck up! She kept shouting play crazy mary over and over...enough already!!!

and again, I want to mention the stage set up and the back drops. Simply Ed...Simply amazing, Big Hard Sun, amazing ending to another incredible show.
  • Options
    leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    Speaking of setlists.....

Got Liam to sign my program and asked him to grab me the setlist!!! I have it!!!!

best night ever. I will elaborate more later
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • Options
    this show was incredible. my god, we are lucky to have attended that one. the first night jitters were gone and ed just rocked it.

that heterosexually comment took the cake, that was soo funny.

great, great two night here in van, sad its all over, it was awesome to meet a ton of you guys.....

Great to meet you, too :D What a blast! Thanks for everything!
  • Options
    no problem!!! yeah that border trouble all you guys dealt with sucks....at least you made it in.....glad you got home alright.....was awesome meeting you too, so is masterframer banned on here or what? i heard something about that....
    That is correct..He let his political rants get the best of him..He just needs more of that Canadian green to keep him calm!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I'll make another thread in the next couple of days (due to lack of sleep and too many concerts in one week)...but I just want to say that Ed's shows were just spectacular! And meeting so many cool people from the MP was the icing on the cake! In fact, I'm not sure what I liked best about the Ed shows - the shows themselves or meeting you guys!

And hearing that Ed did make an appearance with fans upon leaving last night, well...you know what? It doesn't even matter to me at this point because I met so many kindred spirits over the two days...

Arc (which was combined with The Wolf) had me transfixed. I sat there with my chin on my hands and drank it in, and spilled it out my eyes...I couldn't even speak afterwards (and anyone who met me, would understand that it takes a lot to shut me up)....

Hard Sun caused rivers down my face...just the way Ed sang it with such exuberance and utter joy (which is how I sing it when nobody is around)...and because of the song's special meaning to me since I first heard it back in 89....(yikes, here come the waterworks)..I dunno, the look on Ed's face when he sang it last night... it just got/gets to me. I felt like that when I fell in love with my husband and Hard Sun was the song of the day. It was very hard to cry quietly...Hard Sun combines my love of music, my love of Ed, with the love I have for my husband and that stirs in me an emotion I can't even describe...

And yeah, that all sounds lame, but who the hell cares? Thanks, Ed for the experience.

OK...time for my afternoon nap...

Love ya - mean it....

Kim
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    That was easily one of the best concerts I've seen. This was a show where I didn't care at all about analyzing the crowd energy or lack thereof at all.... I zoned out like it was only Ed and a few friends. Every single song ruled and I wished the concert could have gone on for hours. Lukin was an awesome surprise. Everyone is raving about Arc, and for good reason as it was spine-tingling in the least. Someone asked if he was using a Loop, indeed he was. Is Arc very rare to hear?
    loved how he did five songs from Into the Wild all in row rather than interspersing them throughout the night. Harold and Maude being one of my top ten movies i was stoked on seeing the second show. Trouble and Sing Out back to back, with banjo nonetheless, for me pushed the concert into the realm of legendary.
    no one mentioned Ed's wine giveaway at the end when he cracked a bottle of wine and poured two glasses for a fan on each side of the stage. what a class act. and when he gave away his harmonica and then wanted it back, he made sure he threw another one to the same person. what a special night

the I love you comment was heterosexually to clear that up
  • Options
    More thoughts keep pouring into my head...the sexiest part of the night for me was when Ed pulled out that banjo, sitting there with his flannel on..Damn, he looks like he should be sitting on my front porch like we used to do as hillbilly kids in the hills, when we would gather around while the banjo is picked, the guitar is being strummed, and everyone is enjoying a peaceful, happy moment, just like the Waltons!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    jmcjcjmcjc Posts: 90
    to all who have posted! i cant wait until my turn comes!!!! just a few days, until berkley!

sacramento , 10/30/00
    - bridge schools-
    san francisco, 7/15/06
    (berkley #1 - 4/7/08)- Ed tour
    universal city, 2009
    (oakland #1- 7/11/11) -Ed tour