what are you doing, right now?

Comments

• bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    About to have dinner - salmon soup with lots of fennel.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    Watching Premier League, Tottenham vs Everton..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Lying down watching Top of the Pops 1989!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    Deciding what I want for dinner, and wishing I was still a kid so my mom would make it for me. Someone once said that being an adult is deciding what to have for dinner every damn night. Sigh!!
  • GlowGirl said:
    Deciding what I want for dinner, and wishing I was still a kid so my mom would make it for me. Someone once said that being an adult is deciding what to have for dinner every damn night. Sigh!!
    Isnt it just @GlowGirl imissmomsdinnerstoo. 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,395
    Sitting in my office, wondering whether or not to sneak out early, and whether or not my boss will be looking for me on a Friday afternoon.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Smiling, and feeling at peace...finally.

Psssst - look to your left and do it, Joe!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    watching South Park
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Drinking my coffee and enjoying my vacation.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    hedonist said:
    Smiling, and feeling at peace...finally.

Psssst - look to your left and do it, Joe!

I am Evil Homer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnIu8CI4Syw

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited July 2020
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Sitting in my office, wondering whether or not to sneak out early, and whether or not my boss will be looking for me on a Friday afternoon.
    Did you sneak out early? @JOEJOEJOE

I think one of the best decisions I've ever made is that I no longer work on Friday afternoons. In the military (working as a civilian) they called it P.O.E.T.S day: Piss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Bathing in asses milk listening to PJ radio
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    Watching What We Do In The Shadows S2 E2 and eating a millefeuille..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,282
    Chilling after a beach morning at the Wibit and an afternoon round of mini-golf. (Covid is just peeking out and saying hello a bit here.)
    Bathing in asses milk listening to PJ radio
    What the F is asses milk? Sounds icky.
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited July 2020
    It's donkey milk @tish

The women from the ancient world utilized cosmetics made entirely from natural ingredients. To preserve the vitality and beauty of the skin, it is said that Cleopatra regularly took baths in donkey milk. About 7,00 Donkeys were needed to provide enough milk for her daily bath.
    Cleopatra was not the only who enjoyed the benefits of the donkey milk baths; historic records show that donkey milk was often used as a treatment to revitalize the skin.

The Roman author Pliny, described the virtues of the donkey milk for the skin:

“It is generally believed that ass milk effaces wrinkles in the face, renders the skin more delicate, and preserves colour and it's a well-known fact, that some women are in the habit of washing their face with it seven times daily, strictly observing that number

According to recent scientific studies, because of its components like minerals, vitamins, essential fatty acids, a bioactive enzyme, donkey milk is indeed beneficial for the skin.

Source: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thevintagenews.com/2016/10/09/said-cleopatra-queen-ancient-egypt-took-baths-donkey-milk-preserve-beauty-youth-skin-2/amp/
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
    edited July 2020
    Well, that is a lot less dirty than it sounds.
    Thanks for the girly girl tips!

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES.
    Those poor donkeys. 
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Getting ready to give my kid her final exam for health class. Summer school ending with 2 finals the week of her grandfather's funeral isn't exactly what we expected. Personal finance final on Thursday then we are done. And we thought the biggest challenge would be the COVID-19 outbreak. :frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    deadendp said:
    Getting ready to give my kid her final exam for health class. Summer school ending with 2 finals the week of her grandfather's funeral isn't exactly what we expected. Personal finance final on Thursday then we are done. And we thought the biggest challenge would be the COVID-19 outbreak. :frowning:
    Sorry for your loss
    deadendp said:
    Sorry for your loss
    Thank you. K has stayed with my in-laws 2 days a week probably 50 of 52 weeks a year since she has been 6 weeks old up until the COVID-19 lockdowns. My husband was very close to his dad. They are both having an extremely hard time. Massive stroke. Gone in 2 days. My daughter is struggling with the lack of closure on her part because she and I were unable to visit in his last days due to coronavirus restrictions. 
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    Sorry for your loss
    Thank you. K has stayed with my in-laws 2 days a week probably 50 of 52 weeks a year since she has been 6 weeks old up until the COVID-19 lockdowns. My husband was very close to his dad. They are both having an extremely hard time. Massive stroke. Gone in 2 days. My daughter is struggling with the lack of closure on her part because she and I were unable to visit in his last days due to coronavirus restrictions. 
    How awful! I hope she finds some peace, you all do. My heart goes out to you. 
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Wow I'm so sorry to hear this @deadendp . I was following your posts last week and thought he was on an upswing. My heart goes out to you and your family. I can't imagine not even being able to visit a loved one before they passed due to this virus. :heartbreak::hug:
    deadendp said:
    Love to you, M and K. And best of luck to the kiddo! Not an easy time for her at all. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    deadendp said:
    So sorry to hear about your FIL. I was hoping we would hear different news about this. Sending my thoughts to you and your family. 
    edited July 2020
    A relatively quick passing really was a blessing. Unfortunately, TPA (stroke drugs) carry the potential for brain bleed. Initially, they seem to have worked. He had some singular words or parts of words (repeated in triplicate) and some motor function ability by command on Sunday, but he lost that overnight to Monday. He could squeeze their hands on Monday, but closed his eyes in the afternoon and never reopened them. The brain bleed was causing swelling and just taking functions one at a time until it took the function to breathe. That was Tuesday early afternoon. That's actually kind of a neat story. 

M stayed over with his mom on Monday night. He did not sleep at all, expecting the call to come. He went to visit Tuesday morning for a bit, and then opted to come home for a few hours to rest. Initially he felt guilty. 

"If you are meant to be there when he passes, you will be. However, you don't have to be there."

He said that's what he needed to hear. 

He tried to rest. It was unsuccessful so before he came upstairs he said he looked at the time-- 1:09 PM. He prayed for God to take his dad. 

His sister started texting at 1:12 PM. Breathing changed. Come now. 

We left in just a couple of minutes. I drove. Had the sunroof open. Stopped at an intersection and M was complaining about a blinding light. "So bright. Can't see." He flipped the visor down. I offered to close the sunroof. It took care of it. All was good. We pressed on. 

I dropped M off at the hospital. Got a text about 20 minutes later. His dad had passed. Passed before he got there. 

"Bright light?"

"I didn't even think of that."

"What time did he pass?"

"1:17."

Asked K what time she texted her boyfriend. She sent a text at about 1:20 PM. 

That bright light was absolutely my FIL. I knew exactly what it was when M was making a big deal about it. I couldn't tell him, because I needed him to get up to his dad's room. 

Y'all, it was overcast. Downtown had an impending storm hanging over that let loose as soon as K and I drove off. There would have been no other reason for that blinding light. Not at least to us. 

His dad wasn't a subtle guy. He had a love for blinding people with flashlights. He made his presence known in life and in death. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
    My dear friend, :hug:
    watching season nine of the Office
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA