what are you doing, right now?

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    deadendp said:

^^ Good point. That has been something we discussed since she learned nothing during 5th grade since two teachers retired (and were just punching the clock) and her teacher just didn't teach.

One more thing - Youtube is farking amazing. You know those passionate teachers who live to teach and impart knowledge on those willing to learn? They're all on Youtube. Making video lessons. For free. Cuz they're awesome.

It sounds silly. But I swear to you I wouldn't have passed Statistics OR Symbolic Logic without it. There's stuff at all levels not just college level stuff too, just got to do a little sifting through the dirt to find the gem you know.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • deadendp said:

Playing psychotherapist tonight to my daughter who is starting a new school in a new school district tomorrow. She knows no one and is scared to death. She's a warm and friendly kiddo. I told her that I'm sure that by tomorrow night this time, her feelings will be very different. Still . . . At least at this school, I don't feel like I'm feeding her to the wolves like I did with the city school she was assigned to.

Also doing similar stuff here . . . have a first time middle schooler starting tomorrow and he is very nervous!!! Not very social naturally, but a good kid. He gets to be at the same school with his best friend again, so that's good. He's dealing with anxiety over having a locker, class schedule, dressing down for P.E., etc. . . . all new changes! Unfortunately, here, I do feel a little like I'm feeding him to the wolves! :worried:
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I'm posting on Pearl Jam.....all the rest of you.......LIARS!!!!
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    ok fine.

right now I'm going to bed.

:sleeping: nightnight
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,091
    Wonder if i should pick up the phone..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    working
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    getting of the net i have a meeting to listen to
    and if ive not met with Jesus theres no love life
    or whatever for me and thats a swear and a promise
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Holding in a fart on the train. It's gonna be a long ride.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Getting ready to go shovel horse shit for a few hours.. So happy!! It's almost sad how happy it makes me to get to muck a stall every once in a while!! Love the smell of horse shit in the morning!! ( and I'm serious)
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

Playing psychotherapist tonight to my daughter who is starting a new school in a new school district tomorrow. She knows no one and is scared to death. She's a warm and friendly kiddo. I told her that I'm sure that by tomorrow night this time, her feelings will be very different. Still . . . At least at this school, I don't feel like I'm feeding her to the wolves like I did with the city school she was assigned to.

Also doing similar stuff here . . . have a first time middle schooler starting tomorrow and he is very nervous!!! Not very social naturally, but a good kid. He gets to be at the same school with his best friend again, so that's good. He's dealing with anxiety over having a locker, class schedule, dressing down for P.E., etc. . . . all new changes! Unfortunately, here, I do feel a little like I'm feeding him to the wolves! :worried:
    She's going to an intermediate school this year. (Would have been the middle school, but we switched her.) I dropped her off and drove away. My husband suggested that we could have sat in the parking lot until she went in, but I told him that we needed to rip that band aid completely off in one fell swoop. When I was sitting at the light I looked back and she was talking to someone.

Both of them will be okay. Getting dressed at gym sucks. For a boy it is bad but for a girl I wonder if it is worse. My kiddo isn't ballerina stick thin by any means, so she is a lil self conscious that way. Add to it if girls start maturing and need to deal with such things, you don't want the rest of your classmates to know!

And kids can be cruel. They can also be wonderful. Yup-- we're all worried, but the kiddos will do okay.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Thanks for your kind words :) It was a rough morning, some tears were shed, but I think he'll be okay. I had my husband drop him off while I took the other two to their school across town, and hubs said he was good when he left him. I talked to a couple other 6th grade parents this morning and it was the same story all around, lots of nervous kiddos!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Watching Bully (2001) on Showtime.
    getting of the net and going to cook enjoy your sleep or night
    while i enjoy the sunshine..

Thanks for your kind words :) It was a rough morning, some tears were shed, but I think he'll be okay. I had my husband drop him off while I took the other two to their school across town, and hubs said he was good when he left him. I talked to a couple other 6th grade parents this morning and it was the same story all around, lots of nervous kiddos!

My kiddo came through the day as I suspected-- just fine. She's referring to a few young ladies as friends. She has a locker buddy who seems kind. She said all of the kids were wonderful. She's enjoying her teacher. It's a good thing.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Watching Silver Streak on HBO.
    getting ready to go to sleep soon
  • Waiting for my dad to get out of surgery.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Counting down the last few minutes before a TM presale starts.... I always find this stressful, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    ^^ Good luck!
    edited August 2015
    deadendp said:

^^ Good luck!

I won the day on it! :) I don't know if it's just me, but I really get a rush from the frantic presale attempts and then actually getting the greatest ticket possible. I'll probably be on a high from it all day. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Congratulations! What tickets did you get?
    deadendp said:

Congratulations! What tickets did you get?

GA Pit. =)
    dankind said:

Again!

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I didn't have any dairy today.

Oh, and my wife would probably just let it rip.

:skull:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    dankind said:

dankind said:

Again!

You're not a cropduster?
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

Again!

You're not a cropduster?
    I am not. Wish I was. My tummy hurts.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    dankind said:

SD48277 said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

Again!

You're not a cropduster?
    I am not. Wish I was. My tummy hurts.
    Stand by the doors. Let it rip just before they close.
    Or wait for the next stop, let it rip then get off and wait for the next train. Depends on how big of jerk you are feeling like being lol
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    watching a video bringing back memories..
    and now going to hop off the net
    and listen to radio..
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Designing shirt
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,091

Waiting for my dad to get out of surgery.

Went all ok??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    listening to the radio
    but need about 5 minutes spare to watch a quick video right now
    hang on..