Does nickelback make you.....

Comments

• Least they're doing what many of us only wish
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    nickleback makes me ashamed to be canadian lol, not really but it is embarrassing
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    kenshunt wrote:
    nickleback makes me ashamed to be canadian lol, not really but it is embarrassing

you have Justin Bieber, Celene Dion and Bryan Adams too...

EDIT...oh and Avril Lavigene too...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

true, but nickleback is the worst of the bunch i'd say.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • If a guy I am dating mentions he likes Nickleback, that is usually a big tip off that it's not going to work..
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Want to smash the radio? Hardly. (Not that I listen to the radio much.)

Sure as hell, they suck, but I feel my time and energy are too valuable to spend on hating one lousy band. :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Some MORON decided to book Nickelback to play the Thanksgiving Day halftime show for the Lions vs. Packers.

C'MON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    lukin2006 wrote:

You gotta love the drummer standing up at the end and flipping the crowd off. :lol::lol::lol:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

On the awesome side they have Howie Mandel. If you have ever seen his stand up live...don't be a heckler at a Howie show...he will wreck you! 8-):lol:
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

why the hell did I move to this country? :?

just kidding :lol:
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • hate to bump this thread, but this was too funny:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic ... d=backyard
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited November 2011
    Want to smash the radio? Creed used to bother me to no ends. But now when I hear that band I want to smash the radio. I will get up from whatever I'm doing and change the station if they come on.
    Anyone else? I think most music these days sucks monkey nuts.

i used to like an old nb cd, from before they were mainstream.
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,941
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

but it balances out with Rush and triumph(although they've not be around for awhile , have they?) And Canada GAVE us Neil Young!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,764
    I haven't heard a Nickelback song in years. Why are y'all still listening to the radio?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Apparently there is something that Nickelback definitely makes you NOT want to do :lol:

http://www.spin.com/articles/nickelback ... ign=110311
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I saw them a few years back as part of a festival and it was cheaper to buy the whole package, trust me you don't want to see them...very bad...only 90 minute set...20 minutes spent talking about his love of beer...and my wife and I both swear they had X's taped where everyone was to stand because no one moved from their spot the entire night...just a very boring band.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    I love how detested this band has become...

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... me/7832239?
    Change.org has a online petition to get them punted from the halftime show in Detroit on Thanksgiving.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• lukin2006 wrote:
    Change.org has a online petition to get them punted from the halftime show in Detroit on Thanksgiving.
    Fuck me. I could go hunt them down and beat them. Right across the river. Actually, I just bought a sweet slingshot, I bet I could hit all of them in the throat from my house. Just need some binoculars and good.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Fuck me. I could go hunt them down and beat them. Right across the river. Actually, I just bought a sweet slingshot, I bet I could hit all of them in the throat from my house. Just need some binoculars and good.
    :lol::lol::lol:

Lions fans want to punt Nickelback from NFL game

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Lions+f ... z1chzMWPnT

• lukin2006 wrote:
    Lions fans want to punt Nickelback from NFL game

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Lions+f ... z1chzMWPnT
    Lol. I read that today too. I hope the people in the mighty D eat them up.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    Has a halftime act ever been booed? This could be the best part of Thanksgiving this year :lol:
  • Heisenberg wrote:
    Has a halftime act ever been booed? This could be the best part of Thanksgiving this year :lol:
    I don't even watch football and I want to watch to see those fags get booed. Cause it's gonna happen.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    Heisenberg wrote:

"The mega-platinum Canadian artists currently have two songs on the Billboard charts, “Bottoms Up” and “We All Stand Together.” Led by frontman Chad Kroeger, the foursome is America’s most popular foreign act since The Beatles."

The above is a quote from article...how could that be?

U2 just wrapped up a huge stadium tour playing in front of 60000 + every night
    Led Zeppelin sold out both arena and stadium
    The Who huge tours

The list is endless

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

"The mega-platinum Canadian artists currently have two songs on the Billboard charts, “Bottoms Up” and “We All Stand Together.” Led by frontman Chad Kroeger, the foursome is America’s most popular foreign act since The Beatles."

The above is a quote from article...how could that be?

U2 just wrapped up a huge stadium tour playing in front of 60000 + every night
    Led Zeppelin sold out both arena and stadium
    The Who huge tours

The list is endless

I don't think it's true, that's just according to some website I've never heard of. Their last album peaked at #2 on the Billboard charts, U2's last album was #1. I'm just using U2 as it was one of your examples. I have never met a single person I know of that likes Nickelback, most everybody I meet likes U2 or Zeppelin, and a number of other bands.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • They are a bunch of rat fucks.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    There is a petition circulating to get them off the halftime bill of the Lions Packers game on Thanksgiving. Where do I sign?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    why all the hate? ... they are like so many other bands

just not that great ... I'm sure they have their fan base.
This discussion has been closed.