We Belong Together..

Comments

• I met her 12 years ago and we've been hitched for 4 great years.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Not yet, but I have hope.

ps...this is a great thread
    ELITIST FUK
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    nope. maybe someday.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    psst,now guys tell me..you find the one already..?
    you find your"belong together partner"?
    had him/her? expecting to happen..? 8-)

Is there only one everyone? I've had a few that were seemingly at the time the one, but then someone comes along that is better; either better than me or better than her. It is refreshing to see all these posts about people actually staying with the same person for a long time in this oft romantically deprived world.
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    stargirl69 wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    I had him, at least I thought so. And now.. :(

^^^^^^ This for me too ^^^^^^^ it makes me ache with sadness :cry:

I just saw this...to stargirl69, keep busy...it's hard but that can be the only cure. Gets your mind off of it.

And yes, this is an amazing thread.

Nice to see the love...so many long relationships!

:clap:
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    is it weird that i don't ever want to get married or find a 'soul mate'? :?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    conman wrote:

That's what I thought...then I met my wife. Life is funny like that. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

heres my question dimi....

what do you mean by belong together??? i assume(no matter how much of an arse that makes me out to be) you mean romantically. but then i have a problem with that term. what is romantic?? i have 3 major relationships in my life atm(not including my children of course) and i love them all.. one of them is with my lover, one is with my BFF and the third is with someone who over this past year has become a close friend whom i would trust with my life. all 3 are 'the one' for the role they play in my life. put them all together and i am a better person for having them in my life.. so again i ask you, what do you mean by 'belong together'? cause i can tell you those 3 people are a massive part of who i am today.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    conman wrote:

I was like that too - it really does slap you in the face when you least expect it.

But, it's also very important to be happy if you haven't had it happen yet either :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • psst,now guys tell me..you find the one already..?

heres my question dimi....

what do you mean by belong together??? i assume(no matter how much of an arse that makes me out to be) you mean romantically. but then i have a problem with that term. what is romantic?? i have 3 major relationships in my life atm(not including my children of course) and i love them all.. one of them is with my lover, one is with my BFF and the third is with someone who over this past year has become a close friend whom i would trust with my life. all 3 are 'the one' for the role they play in my life. put them all together and i am a better person for having them in my life.. so again i ask you, what do you mean by 'belong together'? cause i can tell you those 3 people are a massive part of who i am today.
    i mean the one that if you arent still with him/her you wish to be happy and be a star to someone elses sky,but the same time you beg to be the star on your sky..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,027

Yeah, had a few of these actually...I blame PJ.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Spags wrote:

Yeah, had a few of these actually...I blame PJ.
    its all Stone's fault..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Jennytree wrote:
    conman wrote:

I was like that too - it really does slap you in the face when you least expect it.

But, it's also very important to be happy if you haven't had it happen yet either :D

Awwwwwwwwww............

:mrgreen:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    we didn't belong, we didn't belong together :cry:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    conman wrote:

Nah I don't think so at all. Society deems that everyone must get married and have children and I call total BS on that. You live your life that it was meant to be and don't worry about what other people tell you to do :)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    Here's a msg to the really, really huge pain in my ass, also known as the ex BF(3 1/2 years wasted on that one) who keeps on calling from payphones....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOT7OwcbK-k
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    conman wrote:

Nah I don't think so at all. Society deems that everyone must get married and have children and I call total BS on that. You live your life that it was meant to be and don't worry about what other people tell you to do :)
    i always was kind of a rebel :think:
  • Dating a new girl, only been two months, but so far, she's absolutely amazing :)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    conman wrote:

smart woman is the best thing happen to the planet..
  • Together since 1975, married since 1978. So I guess we belong together. ;)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Together since 1975, married since 1978. So I guess we belong together. ;)
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    conman wrote:

Especially in the Northeastern States, didn't know it was that bad in the Midwest as well. I hate the whole you need to be married or something is wrong with you. And then if you're successful in one of the more societal approved professions like a doctor or lawyer and not married, there is really something wrong with you. Such bull.

But that's why I'm going to California, some day, with an aching in my heart. Someone told me there's a girl out there with love in her eyes and a flower in her hair?
  • i really dont believe how much finally i like this thread..love the way people express some feelings and thoughts..awesome..
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    marcos wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    conman wrote:

Especially in the Northeastern States, didn't know it was that bad in the Midwest as well. I hate the whole you need to be married or something is wrong with you. And then if you're successful in one of the more societal approved professions like a doctor or lawyer and not married, there is really something wrong with you. Such bull.

But that's why I'm going to California, some day, with an aching in my heart. Someone told me there's a girl out there with love in her eyes and a flower in her hair?

Well said robert.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    livin in sin 8 years :?

5 years for us. In Utah, it's a whole different degree of living in sin when you're unmarried, living together, and engaging in sexual activities with one another.

I'm a devil in the flesh, I tell you.

I'm very happy though, and love our story of meeting. She's one of the most incredible people I've met.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • looks like many of us are living in sin here :)

how many of you are sick of your families and friends asking..."when are you guys gonna get married" or, "when are you guys gonna have a kid already"

Who said we HAVE to do any of this?!?!?!?
    We can't just have a huge party and get gifts for being together longer than many people have been married for?!?! Sheesh.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

edited November 2011
    how many of you are sick of your families and friends asking..."when are you guys gonna get married" or, "when are you guys gonna have a kid already"

Holy shit, you have no idea. :lol:

Well maybe you do... :lol: hence you writing it. I feel your pain.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    edited November 2011

only from my dumbass brother. :roll:

and dc :x
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

only from my dumbass brother. :roll:

When are you guys gonna get married? :mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    looks like many of us are living in sin here :)

Who said we HAVE to do any of this?!?!?!?
    We can't just have a huge party and get gifts for being together longer than many people have been married for?!?! Sheesh.

We get that ALL the time. We've been married 6 years and people think we're freaks since we don't have kids yet. All my other married friends have kids already and they're putting the pressure on us. Honestly, I'd be just as happy if we weren't married (maybe even happier :shock: ) and I have not one iota of a desire to have kids. I don't judge people who do choose to have kids, why do they feel the right to judge me for my decision???!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2