Options

Eddie's Postcard from San Diego.... Veterans from this board will remember this....

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    sagapo1 wrote:
    All right, I'm sorry.
    Is that what you want? An apology?
    Oh, and I'm an 105lb, blonde woman. People always call me "my friend", or "pal" or "asshole".
    I must sound like a guy.

The only thing that int cool here is that Ed's old roommate wanted to profit off of his fame. The OP did a great thing by buying it, trying to give it back to ed and making it available for ALL OF US to see it and admire it. He isnt profiting off anything here. So unless you are simply referring to the roommate selling it. I think you are out of line with your comment. imho
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    is this the same guy that posted pics of eddie and a bunch of his friends hanging out in someone's backyard & in the pool and what not. they were from very early 90's before he even moved to seattle.

i remember he had a handleful of these pics on ebay and they were going for a pretty penny.
  • Options
    If you've been to 92 shows you deserve it. i've only sen them 17 times and people think I'm a freak.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    is this the same guy that posted pics of eddie and a bunch of his friends hanging out in someone's backyard & in the pool and what not. they were from very early 90's before he even moved to seattle.

i remember he had a handleful of these pics on ebay and they were going for a pretty penny.

Yes...same guy..

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Yes...same guy..

thought so. i had a friend bidding, but pulled out when it got too out of control.
  • Options
    thought so. i had a friend bidding, but pulled out when it got too out of control.

do you remember what it went for?

• Options
    To the guy who started this thread...I don't mean to be a smart ass, because there are already way too many of those on this board, but your user name brought up a question...I was pretty sure the Of The Girl lyric is "how he makes his getaway" not "now he makes his getaway", and the lyrics on pj.com confirmed that.
  • Options
    TallGuyCM wrote:
    To the guy who started this thread...I don't mean to be a smart ass, because there are already way too many of those on this board, but your user name brought up a question...I was pretty sure the Of The Girl lyric is "how he makes his getaway" not "now he makes his getaway", and the lyrics on pj.com confirmed that.

But now you ARE one of THOSE people...;)

• Options
    Thanks for the post
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    do you remember what it went for?

i honestly don't, but it was def. a couple hundred. it was a set of like 8 personal pics this guy had when he used to live with ed.
  • Options
    i honestly don't, but it was def. a couple hundred. it was a set of like 8 personal pics this guy had when he used to live with ed.

There was a group of us trying to put together a bunch of $$ to buy this and I THOUGHT it got pulled, but I could be wrong. The OTHER roommate..Rick Brid I believe his name was...has tape of Bad Radio..One that had never seen the light of day(and still hasnt)..STELLAR quality...I got to see parts of it...At any rate long story that goes along with this, but he ended up wanting to write a "tell all" book and sell the video as a package...He was wanting like $100K+ for the rights to it the tape...That is when things got hairy...

• Options
    thanks for the posts guys and gals... here's the deal. Mike (ed's old roomate) pulled the ebay auction when the person I bought it from offered him $2k in cash. He went above and beyond the current bid and Mike fell for it hook, line and sinker. I have the manuscript that Mike wrote that came with the postcard originally. Personally, it's shit. It talks about personal stuff regarding ed and is just uncool. Now it sits in the bottom of my desk never to see the light of day. The only cool part was a short tale about how Ed would stay up all night putting together the lyrics that we all rock out to on a daily basis.

As for my name on the board. I started my love affair with the band at tipitina's back in 1992 and to be honest I still don't know half the stuff Ed sings... i just know I love the music :)

Anyway, I got the postcard from the buyer on ebay. The HOF is looking to use it next year in the summer when they expand the PJ collection. It costs me a ton of $$ but to be honest with you all it's something I felt needed to be out of Mike's hands 7 years ago and even more so from the buyer I got it from who was about to contact the band's management and sell it back to ed.

Like i said my dream is to hand this to ed and tell him how much the band means to everyone, not just me. I really do think if he took one look at this he would smile, shake my hand and say thanks. Not looking for much else.
  • Options
    oh forgot to mention, the photos that went up on the ebay auction were HILARIOUS. Nothing like seeing ed jumping into a pool, drinking beer and wearing late 80's clothing hanging with his roomates. Other things this douche sold included: ed's stop sign from his room, lyrics sheets, ed's who poster from his room, his skateboard, early music on tape and ed's clothing. Personally, the postcard was the only thing that mattered in my mind. By the way, I live in NYC and when people see it on my wall.... NO ONE GIVES A SHIT. It's the best. It's like my little secret :)
  • Options
    HOW he makes his getaway.

I want to rock n roll all night, AND PART OF EVERY DAY
  • Options
    HOW he makes his getaway.

I want to rock n roll all night, AND PART OF EVERY DAY

No way...it's not "and PARTY every day"????? Are you sure?
  • Options
    commendable aspirations for that postcard. that is exactly what i would have done. i hate the fact that ed's stuff got stolen and sold. when i first heard that his marble notebook with all his lyrics got stolen, i nearly cried. how can anyone invade someone's personal life like that? i hope that you do give it back to him personally one day. :)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,572
    commendable aspirations for that postcard. that is exactly what i would have done. i hate the fact that ed's stuff got stolen and sold. when i first heard that his marble notebook with all his lyrics got stolen, i nearly cried. how can anyone invade someone's personal life like that? i hope that you do give it back to him personally one day. :)

while waiting in line outside MSG just prior to the 2nd show this past June, in the middle of the "goodness" that was that poster sale debacle, an interesting story was shared with me. turns out after the 1st Monkeywrench broadcast, a local fan was passing by eV's place and he happened to notice in the pile of garbage left behind a notebook. as the story went, he decided to have a look inside and discovered eV had thrown out one of his lyric notebooks, which featured handwritten lyrics as well as notes and ideas, songlists, etc. for the Monkeywrench broadcast. needless to say, i was told said person decided to hang on to the notebook. i took the story at face value,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    while waiting in line outside MSG just prior to the 2nd show this past June, in the middle of the "goodness" that was that poster sale debacle, an interesting story was shared with me. turns out after the 1st Monkeywrench broadcast, a local fan was passing by eV's place and he happened to notice in the pile of garbage left behind a notebook. as the story went, he decided to have a look inside and discovered eV had thrown out one of his lyric notebooks, which featured handwritten lyrics as well as notes and ideas, songlists, etc. for the Monkeywrench broadcast. needless to say, i was told said person decided to hang on to the notebook. i took the story at face value,...
    wow.. everyone has stories, i feel like such a noob sometimes :o thanks for sharing
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    does anyone have an archived link to the ebay sale, im just curious as to what was sold
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • Options
    i did not want to share this but to clear things up... here's the douche's website with his story on ed. He's the guy who sold everything:

http://www.cathedralstone.net/Pages/PearlJam.htm

keep in mind if you do care to read

1. this guy sold all of ed's shit for a huge profeit.
    2. this guy sold out his roomate and friend.

don't say i didnt warn u :)
  • Options
    By the way, I live in NYC and when people see it on my wall.... NO ONE GIVES A SHIT. It's the best. It's like my little secret :)

Yeah, they probably don't give a shit because it's a postcard addressed to someone else. It's not like a copy of the Declaration of Independence that was discovered behind a framed painting.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    i am insanely jealous, that is one super super cool item, I trust that will never part from your person
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    wow - that is damn cool. and to think, the hof may use it...protect that thing with your life...
  • Options
    Yeah probably would never sell it unless I HAD to.
    U are right though, unless your a PJ fan it's not that cool :)
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    Always thought this was the coolest piece of vintage PJ collectables... Finally got my hands on it after 4 years of chasing it down. Just wanted to share with people who may remember ed's roomate who sold all his stuff years ago on this very same board. (he was a real douche)

The Rock n Roll HOF has asked to possibly use this early next year, I have no issue with it. Again. just thought I'd share. It's slow without any shows to hit :)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=vzps3ae.60qpfccu&x=0&y=vvoicc&localeid=en_US
    That really made me smile. Good for you for getting it and thanks so much for sharing it. It's definitely RRHOF worthy.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Maybe you should give that back to Ed...I wouldn't want my personal stuff in someone elses hands..just creepy weird to me...
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Sure, I'd love to... kinda hard to find him in the west village in nyc :)
  • Options
    re: from the postcard
    Yes, Eddie Seattle loves you :)
    ( especially a house on lower Phinney Ridge- just look for the Pearl Jam /Obama stickers in the driveway- you are always welcome )
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    that's funny :)
  • Options
    Reposted for your enjoyment during these excellent days of TEN REDUX. Thanks Ed. Thanks PJ!!!