Options

Eddie's Postcard from San Diego.... Veterans from this board will remember this....

edited March 2009 in The Porch
Always thought this was the coolest piece of vintage PJ collectables... Finally got my hands on it after 4 years of chasing it down. Just wanted to share with people who may remember ed's roomate who sold all his stuff years ago on this very same board. (he was a real douche)

The Rock n Roll HOF has asked to possibly use this early next year, I have no issue with it. Again. just thought I'd share. It's slow without any shows to hit :)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=vzps3ae.60qpfccu&x=0&y=vvoicc&localeid=en_US
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Album Not Found
    The link you are using is no longer valid. If this link was sent to you in an email and you would like to view the photos, you will need to contact the album owner and have them share the album using the Gallery's share feature.

If the link was to your own album and you would like to link your album from a personal web site or create a custom email message, please follow these instructions:

Share the album with yourself, from the "Share Photos" tab, with your own email address in the "To" field.
    After you receive the share email, copy the URL, or web address, included at the bottom of the email.
    This web address can be sent to friends or family with a custom email message, or you can use it to add to your personal web site.
    If you continue to receive this error, please contact Gallery's Customer Service
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    ok should be fixed, click slideshow...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,952
    Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    thats awesome!
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    San Diego rocks.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,572
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    That's pretty cool.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    That is so cool.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    W O W

Now that's not a collectible, that's something unique, beyond a simple "collectible", thank you very much for sharing.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    That's not just so cool, that's fucking cool! And haha, I think it's funny that he starts the letter with "Yo, Homeboys"....haha Eddie is effin precious :D
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    That is unbelievable... I can't imagine what it cost you, but it's definitely worth it!
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    what other stuff did his roommate sell?
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • Options
    That's really cool you got that.
    Just wanted to share with people who may remember ed's roomate who sold all his stuff years ago on this very same board. (he was a real douche)

[/url]

Can someone link this please? I want to see what he sold.
    Nathan
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,572
    Can someone link this please? I want to see what he sold.

this isn't the link you were looking for, but it is an item of eV's that was sold online by someone from his past:

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action?id=19
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Always thought this was the coolest piece of vintage PJ collectables... Finally got my hands on it after 4 years of chasing it down. Just wanted to share with people who may remember ed's roomate who sold all his stuff years ago on this very same board. (he was a real douche)

The Rock n Roll HOF has asked to possibly use this early next year, I have no issue with it. Again. just thought I'd share. It's slow without any shows to hit :)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=vzps3ae.60qpfccu&x=0&y=vvoicc&localeid=en_US

thats pretty sweet....eddie rocks.
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    I remember seeing this on ebay 5 or 6 years ago but the reserve price wasn't met. I believe it ran over $600 and wasn't sold at that time. I really wish I had bid on it then but had other bills. Cool to see it around still.
  • Options
    thanks guys... the guy ended up selling stuff that ed had left in his room at a share house in SD. Most of it was worthless but the cool stuff was a book of written lyrics and the postcard. Dealing with the guy was a mess though, he had a weird complex and thought he was god's gift to pj fans...
  • Options
    very cool.
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    That's really cool, thanks for sharing!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

If this is the same guy that I dealt with, he was a huge tool!! Do the initials RB mean anything to you? Or was it the other guy? Mike I beleive. Either way, I will not go into too many details here as I dont have the time, but if it was the first guy, he had a tape, and wanted 6 figures for it.....Wierdest 3 weeks of my PJ life....Very cool that you got it...I am glad it went to someone who can appreciate it rather than someone looking to profit off of it!! Pretty big part of PJ history imho...I tried like hell for a loooong time to get this....
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Awesome find - thanks for posting a picture!
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    that is so awesome! thanks for the thread!
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i can't believe that guy would sell one of ed's postcards. The word cooth must be extinct these days.

Hate to see it but still cool that a real fan got it and can enjoy it.
  • Options
    Wow you bought that? That is so cool. I wanted that so bad back in the day. I remember the Eddie Vedder garage sale on ebay and this website very well.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    yeah basically the guy was selling everything to pay for a new addition to his house. I went back and forthe with the guy for over 4 months and finally he gave in after I bid higher against a reseller who did this for a living. The guy's name was Mike and all I remember is that he sent pictures ofhim and ed (during the San Diego days to prove it was real)

the bottom line is this, I'm a huge fan been to 92 shows from Europe to Aussie land to the US. This was a piece that I really felt deserved to be back in ed's hands. So much so I tried to give it back to him at letterman and again in Harlem during the solo shows, since I could not get the time to show him it's been sitting on my walled framed.

I think if ed ever saw this he would probably want it as a keepsake but until that day I'll lend it out to the Hall of Fame and let as many people share in how cool it is as possible...
  • Options
    sagapo1sagapo1 Posts: 186
    I don't think it's cool.
    It was stolen. How is that cool?
    "Cynics are simply disappointed idealists" - George Carlin
    Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight. - Andy Warhol

• Options
    sagapo1 wrote:
    I don't think it's cool.
    It was stolen. How is that cool?

it was sent to the guy who held the sale from ed.

that's not stolen pal. easy hero.
  • Options
    It's still not cool, zero.

• Options
    not cool because it's not stolen?

hater.
  • Options
    All right, I'm sorry.
    Is that what you want? An apology?
    Oh, and I'm an 105lb, blonde woman. People always call me "my friend", or "pal" or "asshole".
    I must sound like a guy.