Any happy events / thoughts / accomplishments to share?

Comments

• Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I am currently planning my own ghost tour of Chicago for tomorrow night since all the tours they have are like $60...Quija board? Check. Black ops outfits? Check. Ghostbuster sign for our car? Check.

Yep I am the world's largest dork but I haven't been this excited about anything since PJ20! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

can my gf tag along... :lol::lol::lol:

Sure, anyone that appreciates the wonderful world of ghost hunting is welcome :lol: Still debating on whether or not we're going to Bachelor's Grove...that might be a little too spooky for me!

I live LITERALLY right next to Bachelor's Grove. That place is weak!!! I've been there a million times and never seen a thing. Just be careful cuz cops are all over that place, especially in October with Halloween coming up. Your best bet is to park in the neighborhood that is east of it, walk down the turnpike and go into the forest preserve. Do this before it gets dark so you can't get in trouble...then try and stick around in there past dark.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I love happy news. :D Such a nice break from all the negativity on AMT.

Every day, I am happy that I can walk again, even though I still have much difficulty with the pain and stiffness in both legs.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    The college I work at is very much a suitcase college. All the students go home on the weekend, most of them need to work, so it's really hard to get them involved in anything on campus. I'm doing a violence prevention workshop next Friday night and we had so many students sign up that we had to start a waiting list. We did one last semester and apparently it was well received. I'm baffled but thrilled.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    We are in between events at the moment

but accomplishments...
    new websites are almost done one for online ordering/ buying too
    and much is planned for our business in the next 12 months

the big event ... moving the biz close to home! Yippee
    It is all very exciting and revitalizing!

and
    Happy thoughts ... I love life! :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    A wonderful jammer just hooked me up with a long sought after Holiday Single...2001's "Last Soldier"!

Now I only need one more to complete my collection...1997's "I'm only Happy when I'm crying"

Ironic, I wanna cry I'm so happy! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I had a happy thought, but it escapes me.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I had a happy thought, but it escapes me.

I was just like...thinking and stuff.

It was pretty cool.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Awesome thread JOEJOEJOE! Thank you for the positivity! :thumbup:

I sent love, light and hugs by snail mail today. I hope it reaches just when it's needed.

Life is good.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    the more beer i drink, the happier i get.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    conman wrote:
    the more beer i drink, the happier i get.

fuck yeah..

on my thrid burning river
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • A three-day weekend!!

Hopping on a plane bright and early to spend the weekend with many lovely people!!

Work is wonderful at the moment and everything is coming together perfectly!!

Venting about struggles and frustrations to someone that truly cares and offers me advice is priceless!!

Thinking about how many little decisions have caused this amazing happiness in my life and I will forever consider myself lucky...
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Its cool to read to about all of the good vibes and happy people on the boards.

For me, I am thrilled to have a new leader for my Cubbies.
    I am also loving the fact that MLB playoffs, college football (Fighting Illini 6-0!) and NFL are all going on at once. Lots of reasons to head to sports bar with friends.
    The sweetest thing just happened...

I heard our little boy laughing in his sleep. He must have had a great day. :mrgreen:
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026

I heard our little boy laughing in his sleep. He must have had a great day. :mrgreen:

Those are the best laughs. :mrgreen:
    sheila0225 wrote:

You are so right. That was my very first time hearing it. :mrgreen:
    sheila0225 wrote:

Have you ever heard him talk in his sleep or call out for you? And totally be sleeping yet.
    sheila0225 wrote:

sheila0225 wrote:
    Have you ever heard him talk in his sleep or call out for you? And totally be sleeping yet.

Not yet. When he calls for me, he's usually awake and scared because he can hear the thunderstorm or the trains blowing their horns.

I must say this moment was just amazing. It's music to the soul. :mrgreen:

Not yet. When he calls for me, he's usually awake and scared because he can hear the thunderstorm or the trains blowing their horns.

It definitely makes the heart full of joy and love and smiles :mrgreen:
    sheila0225 wrote:

It definitely makes the heart full of joy and love and smiles :mrgreen:

+ a million :mrgreen:
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262

I once (years ago) heard my little brother laugh in his sleep. Scared the hell outta me. :lol: Though, we were home alone then. And I can be a real scaredy cat.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    edited October 2011
    eMMI wrote:

I once (years ago) heard my little brother laugh in his sleep. Scared the hell outta me. :lol: Though, we were home alone then. And I can be a real scaredy cat.

:lol: :thumbup: It's a whole different feeling when your the parent...WOW...

Sheila, you aren't going to believe this, but at 6AM, he called for me, in a sweet little voice, "Mama...Mama..."

So, I got up to look and he was still sound asleep and smiling. Those who say that those are the moments that make it worth everything are completely right.
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    eMMI wrote:

:lol: :thumbup: It's a whole different feeling when the parent...WOW...

I have no doubt about that. :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    I have a day off and I'm making cinnamon raisin bread. Yum. Nothing tastes better than fresh bread right out of the oven.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    The sun is shining, the housework is done and I'm off to walk the dog with a clear conscience. Lovely.
  • Thanks for the postive post JOE!
    My wife and I heard some good news from the Doc (trying to have a lil one)
    Had a good day in the hot shop blowing glass this morning
    Only 6 more hours of work until I have a day off tomorrow
    Seeing Deer Tick next week
    A dear friend just opened a beautiful home decor boutique and the grand opening was awesome
    Two more dear friends of mine are getting married today!
    Hope everyone here is having a great weekend!
    Cheers
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    monday during my bootcamp, the instructor said to me "bet you never imagined you'd be the most advanced in the class."
    it ain't much, but it's the best i got at the moment. :P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    monday during my bootcamp, the instructor said to me "bet you never imagined you'd be the most advanced in the class."
    it ain't much, but it's the best i got at the moment. :P

What kind of bootcamp are you in?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • BinFrog wrote:
    Going to pick up my daughter at day care in a few minutes is 40,000 times more satisfying, on a daily basis actually, than receiving any PJ item in the mail...limited or not.

Priorities? Check.

Where's the "like" button on here??
    +1
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    I am currently planning my own ghost tour of Chicago for tomorrow night since all the tours they have are like $60...Quija board? Check. Black ops outfits? Check. Ghostbuster sign for our car? Check.

Yep I am the world's largest dork but I haven't been this excited about anything since PJ20! :lol:

That is awesome! I love shit like that, way to be both creative and frugal
  • The sweetest thing just happened...

When my son was a newborn and did that my stepdad used to say he was dreaming of angels and bunnies:-)