Options

Pearl Jam at the Glass Bowl

Comments

• Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    81 wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:
    Oh you're right. I was just saying that Speedwagon was there it almost every year, and for while in the later 2000's they were free.

I just hear the stories about how Seger flew in by chopper and surprised people at the Speedway. And about when AC/DC played there in like '80. G N R played it in '91.

They had some pretty decent shows.

i don't remember any good show sup there. hard to believe GNR would play the toledo speedway...

i remember seeing soul asylum downtown at promenade park. they had some cool concerts down there...maybe PJ could play there instead of the glass bowl. :lol:

is raceway park still closed? that could hold a few poeple...and they could have camping...if that wouldn't hurt the vibe too much. :lol:

Yeah, it is hard to believe, but Skid Row opened for them and it says there were about 30,000 people in attendance. And G N R, AC/DC, Seger, REO Speedwagon- heck, I would consider those pretty decent shows for there. It actually looks like they're planning a little rejuvenation. Maybe a little PJ in '12?
    http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2011/10/15/Toledo-Speedway-announces-major-upgrade-to-grandstands.html
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Suave.27 wrote:
    Yeah, it is hard to believe, but Skid Row opened for them and it says there were about 30,000 people in attendance. And G N R, AC/DC, Seger, REO Speedwagon- heck, I would consider those pretty decent shows for there. It actually looks like they're planning a little rejuvenation. Maybe a little PJ in '12?
    http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2011/10/15/Toledo-Speedway-announces-major-upgrade-to-grandstands.html

suprised that place held 30K....had to be a bitch from a parking perspective...

i just don't remember anything big up there, but my memory of it wouldn't start until 92.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    WW--Toledo%20Seger%20Jam

seger show.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe Pearl Jam can headline the annual Toledo Speedway Jam.

History: The Toledo Speedway Jam brought the greatest acts of its time to the stage, in a multi-band, single day format each summer in early July from 1979 to 1995. The concert evolved from rock and roll bands playing a concert into arguably the biggest "Happening" in the region over that period of time. Attracting crowds who drove in from Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Pennsylvania, the gathering grew from humble beginnings to attendance of over 10,000. The Toledo Speedway Jam became synonymous with the biggest outdoor rock and roll extravaganza in the region. Among those who performed were AC/DC, ZZ Top, Guns & Roses, Foreigner, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullett Band, Heart, the J. Geils Band, Sammy Hagar, Loverboy, Quarter Flash, King Bees, Donnie Iris, Billy Squier, Joe Perry Project, Blackfoot, 38 Special, Molly Hatchet, Marshall Tucker Band, Robin Trower, Ram Jam, Montrose, and local performer Hunter Brucks.

In '07, they brought it back with Peter Frampton.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Swear I saw a sign that read "Pj @ Glass Bowl in 2012" when watching NIU vs. Toledo at the Glass Bowl last night on ESPN.

Man these threads really do travel!! :lol::lol:
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Swear I saw a sign that read "Pj @ Glass Bowl in 2012" when watching NIU vs. Toledo at the Glass Bowl last night on ESPN.

i did not see that, but that would have been awesome if someone did have one. :lol:

what a shit game that was. i'd rather watch a 3-3 tie than that crap. plus, i'm really begining to dislike NIU. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    81 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

i did not see that, but that would have been awesome if someone did have one. :lol:

what a shit game that was. i'd rather watch a 3-3 tie than that crap. plus, i'm really begining to dislike NIU. :lol:

wow..i stopped watching at halftime..2nd half must have been like the first..no D.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:
    wow..i stopped watching at halftime..2nd half must have been like the first..no D.

utter garbage...

second half started with a quick toledo TD, an NIU TD and a Toledo Td all in the first 5 minutes. :roll:

the only "D" was a muffed punt by NIU which led to a Toledo TD.

i think there was maybe 2 punts in the second half.

i really do hate that style of football. i like that Toledo is winning again, but i can't stand that stupid check with me spread that they run.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    if pearl jam played a show at the glass bowl like the rockets play offense at the glass bowl....

the show would be 6 hours long.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Holy Toledo.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    We're bumping this with rumors of 2012 shows starting to trickle in.
  • Options
    Suave.27 wrote:

fuck yeah.

rumor has it, there is a faithfull ale drinking party at the 50 yard line tonight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:

fuck yeah.

rumor has it, there is a faithfull ale drinking party at the 50 yard line tonight.

Damn, I missed it. There would have to be enough Faithfull ale to go around for me to make the trip up there.

Occupy Glass Bowl?
  • Options
    bring your bowl to the glass bowl....for the 2012 PJ tour kickoff show.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    if you dream it, you can live it.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    if you build it, he will come......
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

it's built....viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173500#p3988844 :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    81 wrote:
    tremors wrote:

it's built....viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173500#p3988844 :D

Oh yeah. I remember now!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    sources indicate, PJ is flying into Tolele Express for a BIG annouocement next tuesday....stay tuned for breaking details.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I also heard from a friend who heard from a friend who heard from a cousin who heard from a homeless man who heard from the voice in his head down on Erie St. that PJ will be adding The Glass City to the just announced dates. Fingers crossed!

Supposedly Jamie Farr is welcoming them @ TOL Express.
  • Options
    Suave.27 wrote:
    I also heard from a friend who heard from a friend who heard from a cousin who heard from a homeless man who heard from the voice in his head down on Erie St. that PJ will be adding The Glass City to the just announced dates. Fingers crossed!

i think i met that homeless guy once at a downtwon bus stop...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:

i think i met that homeless guy once at a downtwon bus stop...

Probably. He can do a standing back flip.
  • Options
    Suave.27 wrote:

post annoucment lunch at Packo's to sign buns.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:

You come to expect the best from Corporal Klinger.
  • Options
    Suave.27 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:

You come to expect the best from Corporal Klinger.

M.A.S.H. + C.K. = M.O.A.D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bring the boys back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIIwraoNvFY

A bump for the good fight!

And a bump for signed buns.
  • Options
    might have to auction off some buns....to save packo's :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    might have to auction off some buns....to save packo's :?

Yeah I heard about it. Maybe if they bring a little PJ to town they can save it....at least for a little while.
  • Options
    :geek:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i have a friend who has a sister who has a kid that is dating this gal that when to high school with rocket boy....overheard Nick Moore say if PJ plays the glass bowl...he will suit up and catch anouther 20 passes at michigan. :lol:

wait? what?

Play the Glass Bowl....bong hits for everyone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg