Options

Pearl Jam at the Glass Bowl

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    in other Glass Bowl news...

BGSUcks :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    haha Hell yes UT! ha That would kick ass. I'm in my 3rd year there and screw Ten club, I'll show them my student pass!
    I got some if you need it.

5/20/06 Cleveland 6/24/06 Cincinnati 5/6/10 Columbus 5/7/10 Indiana 5/9/10 Cleveland 5/10/10 Buffalo 6/26/11 EV Detroit 9/3-4/11 Alpine Valley WI 9/11-12/11 Toronto 2011 Atlanta 2012
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    bigmattk11 wrote:
    haha Hell yes UT! ha That would kick ass. I'm in my 3rd year there and screw Ten club, I'll show them my student pass!

free entry for studen pass holders.....i like it.....i still have mine
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kegger in the north lot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    might as well have a kegger in the south lot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    81 wrote:
    You've played Savage Hall on your anti ticketmaster crusade
    You've played the Sports Areana on your anti Bush crusade

now it's time to play the Glass Bowl on your anti bitching about every friggen thing on the forum crusade.

i look forward to the tailgate.

2012 - the 'Why Now u Don't Bitching' tour.....

starting at the glass bowl - whatever the hell that is
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173500#p3988844
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    tremors wrote:

:lol:

it's cool when you do that trick. I wish I knew how to do that

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    81 wrote:
    tremors wrote:

it's cool when you do that trick. I wish I knew how to do that

click on the post subject located just above the user name...then copy and paste that url.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173500&start=30#p4006677
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011

• Options
  • Options

• Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    I wrote a letter back in the day suggesting Toledo Speedway. It's a racetrack that held summer festival concerts. They called it the Speedway Jam. A perfect fit. Oh and for the younger fans a letter was a hand written message you put into an envelope and put in a mailbox. I know, it sounds crazy but that's how it was done. Two or three weeks later you would wonder if it made it there. Anyway, I like any Toledo venue for 2012. Pearl Jam - Speedway Jam - it's kinda gotta a nice ring to it.
    Things were different then
  • Options
    Evel K wrote:
    I wrote a letter back in the day suggesting Toledo Speedway. It's a racetrack that held summer festival concerts. They called it the Speedway Jam. A perfect fit. Oh and for the younger fans a letter was a hand written message you put into an envelope and put in a mailbox. I know, it sounds crazy but that's how it was done. Two or three weeks later you would wonder if it made it there. Anyway, I like any Toledo venue for 2012. Pearl Jam - Speedway Jam - it's kinda gotta a nice ring to it.

i remember seeing some ads for the speedway jam...although i could not name a single band to ever play there. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    edited August 2012
    :D
    Post edited by Stardog3.. on
  • Options
    I'll bring the big apple deli....mmmmm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i used to have keys to the stadium....

wish i would have made a copy now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Anything but general admission! I'm old and there are to many idiots!!!!

As for Velvet Jones... 81. My best friend was the original drummer up until about 4 years ago or so. I've been in a original music band with him for about 6 years now. I've sat in for a song or two over the year with them as well.

Screw it, PJ can come play my house. I'll invite a few of my closest friends. And have the jager cooler loaded and ready to go...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    As for Velvet Jones... 81. My best friend was the original drummer up until about 4 years ago or so. I've been in a original music band with him for about 6 years now. I've sat in for a song or two over the year with them as well.

thats kind of funny. i would have defiantly seen the orginal drummer then....last time i saw them play, had to be like 2002-2003 range. might have been at that church fest at the church across the street from teh distillery on heatherdwons.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    the power of google...

Velvet Jones

http://www.gigmasters.com/Cover-Band/Velvet-Jones/

www.vjband.com
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Screw it, PJ can come play my house. I'll invite a few of my closest friends. ...[/quote]

Sounds great to me. Can I get an invite too. I'll RSVP right now.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    thats kind of funny. i would have defiantly seen the orginal drummer then....last time i saw them play, had to be like 2002-2003 range. might have been at that church fest at the church across the street from teh distillery on heatherdwons.[/quote]

St. Pats. yep I probably even stepped in for a song or two on that one too.

They really didn't start playing the D till the last year or so when he was playing. The big deal when the bar band thing was big was the Field house. Back when you couldn't move in that place...

• Options

They really didn't start playing the D till the last year or so when he was playing. The big deal when the bar band thing was big was the Field house. Back when you couldn't move in that place...

field house....oh yeah...the place over by deja vu. :lol:

we went there once. :lol: that was enough.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jason_94 wrote:
    Screw it, PJ can come play my house. I'll invite a few of my closest friends. ...

Sounds great to me. Can I get an invite too. I'll RSVP right now.[/quote]

I think I'll have applications for folks to fill out. :D

• Options
    Suave.27 wrote:
    Speedway Jam used to be home to free REO Speedwagon shows....like every summer. :lol:

Oh and Seger.

I believe Skid Row and possible G N R played it.

• Options
    81 wrote:

That's the place.... And that was the typical reaction....

• Options
    81 wrote:

That's the place.... And that was the typical reaction....

that plaza was a dump. between deja vu, the adult bookstore and the stripper clothing store...not the best place to open a night club. :lol:

hmm...i wonder whatever happened to katrina...some cute chick i knew way back when....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Suave.27 wrote:
    Speedway Jam used to be home to free REO Speedwagon shows....like every summer. :lol:

Oh and Seger.

Oh you're right. I was just saying that Speedwagon was there it almost every year, and for while in the later 2000's they were free.

I just hear the stories about how Seger flew in by chopper and surprised people at the Speedway. And about when AC/DC played there in like '80. G N R played it in '91.

They had some pretty decent shows.
  • Options
    Suave.27 wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:

Oh and Seger.

Oh you're right. I was just saying that Speedwagon was there it almost every year, and for while in the later 2000's they were free.

I just hear the stories about how Seger flew in by chopper and surprised people at the Speedway. And about when AC/DC played there in like '80. G N R played it in '91.

They had some pretty decent shows.

i don't remember any good show sup there. hard to believe GNR would play the toledo speedway...

i remember seeing soul asylum downtown at promenade park. they had some cool concerts down there...maybe PJ could play there instead of the glass bowl. :lol:

is raceway park still closed? that could hold a few poeple...and they could have camping...if that wouldn't hurt the vibe too much. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Oh and Seger.[/quote]

I believe Skid Row and possible G N R played it.[/quote]

They had some pretty decent shows.[/quote]

i don't remember any good show sup there. hard to believe GNR would play the toledo speedway...

i remember seeing soul asylum downtown at promenade park. they had some cool concerts down there...maybe PJ could play there instead of the glass bowl. :lol:

is raceway park still closed? that could hold a few poeple...and they could have camping...if that wouldn't hurt the vibe too much. :lol:[/quote]

Raceway Park was open this year, but for some reason I think I heard this was it's last year? Now sure I try to avoid most news sources.