Tebow

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    mca47 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    the denver defense is winning these games
    If Cutler and Forte were playing, the Bears would have beat them by 20+
    if your aunt harriet had balls, she'd be your uncle harry.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    imalive wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    the denver defense is winning these games
    If Cutler and Forte were playing, the Bears would have beat them by 20+
    if your aunt harriet had balls, she'd be your uncle harry.

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Next up for him the New England Patriots....he should do well against their defense. However, the Broncos defense will have trouble stopping the Patriots offense. Patriots better end this Tebow madness.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Im telling you guys.
    Lay some coin on the broncos to win it all. Like the blues brothers, he is on a mission from god.

Note to Tebow, should the NFL thing not work out, I want to establish an evangelical ministry with you.
    God needs donations. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    I don't follow sports, so I don't know anything about the guy except his anti-abortion commercial. But this song made me laugh: http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/station ... 6_6907.mp3
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    what he's doing is almost the equivalent of hitting a walk off home run...literally every week.

i'm amazed by this story. i know about the pats defense....but this can't continue against that team, can it? :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I think the Patriots are going to end this little story, and it won't be a minute too soon. I don't have any serious problem with Tebow, I always thought he was kind of lame, and probably wouldn't pan out in the NFL (I still have my doubts) but I don't hate the guy. What I HATE, is the way the media has blown this whole thing so far out of proportion. And Tebow, to his credit, has constantly been trying to remind the media that it's a team sport, and giving credit to others, but all they want is the "Tebow" story.

The Broncos have won some of these games IN SPITE OF TEBOW, not because of him. He's improving, but he needs much more improvement. This last win was more about the Broncos defense, the Bears (more specifically Marion Barber) fumbling the ball, and the Broncos kicker (his name escapes me) hitting two 50+ yard field goals. Not to mention the Bears didn't have Cutler or Forte. Yet they heap all the credit on Tebow.

And like I said, it's not Tebow's fault that the media is running this story into the ground. But it has gone past being a good story and started getting annoying. During tonight's MNF game they spent more time talking about Tim Tebow than any of the players in the game they were watching, they even broke out the Tebow highlight reel a few times. On SportsCenter it is all they talk about, so much so that in a story about the Dolphins firing their head coach (one of the few non-Tebow related stories) Stuart Scott accidentally called the Dolphins the Broncos.

I might buy into the whole Tebow thing if they were beating quality opponents, but they aren't. Oakland, Kansas City, San Diego, Minnesota and a Bears team without their star quarterback and running back are not quality opponents. The only quality opponent they played was the Jets, but I didn't see that game and have no clue what happened there. If Denver beats New England, and it's because of anything other than blind luck, then maybe I'll start thinking they're the real deal. As it stands they just seem to be setting themselves up for a very anti-climactic finish.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    ^^^^ I agree with this post 100%.

also need to add that his completion % is below 50, and he is averaging about 120 yards passing per game.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Well, New Englands defense is awful so they may not be a good test. I mean they just let the Rex Grossman and 'Skins run up and down the feild on them. The Broncos may lose in a shootout. I'm not sure they will play a good defense again in the regular season (if they make the playoffs).
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I think the Patriots are going to end this little story, and it won't be a minute too soon. I don't have any serious problem with Tebow, I always thought he was kind of lame, and probably wouldn't pan out in the NFL (I still have my doubts) but I don't hate the guy. What I HATE, is the way the media has blown this whole thing so far out of proportion. And Tebow, to his credit, has constantly been trying to remind the media that it's a team sport, and giving credit to others, but all they want is the "Tebow" story.

The Broncos have won some of these games IN SPITE OF TEBOW, not because of him. He's improving, but he needs much more improvement. This last win was more about the Broncos defense, the Bears (more specifically Marion Barber) fumbling the ball, and the Broncos kicker (his name escapes me) hitting two 50+ yard field goals. Not to mention the Bears didn't have Cutler or Forte. Yet they heap all the credit on Tebow.

And like I said, it's not Tebow's fault that the media is running this story into the ground. But it has gone past being a good story and started getting annoying. During tonight's MNF game they spent more time talking about Tim Tebow than any of the players in the game they were watching, they even broke out the Tebow highlight reel a few times. On SportsCenter it is all they talk about, so much so that in a story about the Dolphins firing their head coach (one of the few non-Tebow related stories) Stuart Scott accidentally called the Dolphins the Broncos.

I might buy into the whole Tebow thing if they were beating quality opponents, but they aren't. Oakland, Kansas City, San Diego, Minnesota and a Bears team without their star quarterback and running back are not quality opponents. The only quality opponent they played was the Jets, but I didn't see that game and have no clue what happened there. If Denver beats New England, and it's because of anything other than blind luck, then maybe I'll start thinking they're the real deal. As it stands they just seem to be setting themselves up for a very anti-climactic finish.

you lose some credibility there when you dismiss the jets win because you didn't see it "and have no clue what happened there." :lol:

the jets are a decent team at 8-5 and the same thing happened there that happened in every other game. he was awful for about 55 minutes and electric in the last 5. :lol:

of course the defense and kicker are doing their jobs. and the bears certainly did their job on sunday. but the fact remains that he is one of the worst qb's in the league for 3 quarters but his rating in the 4th is 111%. that is nothing short of a remarkable turnaround and it's happened time after time this year. his td pass on sunday was really well done on his part--scrambling and knowing where the line of scrimmage was and all. i was impressed.

naturally the media is prone to blowing everything out of proportion. but what this guy and this team are doing, is really fucking phenomenal. even if they lose sunday, which they probably will, they have a dead kc team and the bills to finish out the season. 2 more winnable games.

i don't know about you but i am really looking forward to seeing this guy in the playoffs. wish this game was the flex game so i could see it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    you lose some credibility there when you dismiss the jets win because you didn't see it "and have no clue what happened there." :lol:

I didn't dismiss the Jets game. I called the Jets a "quality opponent", but said I didn't see the game so I don't know what exactly led to the Broncos beating them.
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Believers in Miami, Oakland, Kansas City, New York, San Diego, Minnesota, and Chicago now. And well I do have my doubts about New England, I won't say "no way" anytime soon. It really is something that's going on up here!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options

I didn't dismiss the Jets game. I called the Jets a "quality opponent", but said I didn't see the game so I don't know what exactly led to the Broncos beating them.

this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rTPXoCpZSM
    :lol:

i'm at the point where i've stopped questioning it and will just enjoy watching the story play it. it's great for the league.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tom Brady, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God
    was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded
    Patriots flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity Tom, said
    God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." Tom felt
    special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the
    corner. It was a huge 3-story mansion with Orange and Blue sidewalks and
    driveways, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Broncos logo flag
    waving, a swimming pool in shape of a horse, a Broncos logo in every
    window, and a Tim Tebow jersey on the front door.

Tom looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I
    have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I won 3 Super Bowls, and I even
    went to the Hall of Fame."

God said "So what's your point Tom?"

"Well, why does Tim Tebow get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Tom, that's not Tim's house, it's mine."
  • Options
    ^^^^ :lol::lol::lol:

I hope santa brings me a tebow jersey :angel: ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    but the fact remains that he is one of the worst qb's in the league for 3 quarters but his rating in the 4th is 111%. that is nothing short of a remarkable turnaround and it's happened time after time this year. his td pass on sunday was really well done on his part--scrambling and knowing where the line of scrimmage was and all. i was impressed.

I'd rather have a quarterback (and I do) who is good throughout the game and has a QB rating of 123.3 overall. You don't have to break down Aaron Rodgers QB rating by quarter to find an acceptable stat. He's all day.

As for that TD pass you're talking about, a nice little bit of slipperiness, but I didn't find the overall play that amazing. Most quarterbacks know where the line of scrimmage is, there's a giant orange pylon on the sideline showing them where it is. Colt McCoy did something very similar the other night, only the result was Harrison going helmet to helmet on him after he got off the pass, and it wasn't in the red zone.

Not to mention the fact that the guy was ridiculously wide open. There wasn't anybody even remotely around him, so it wasn't some thread-the-needle pass the dude was standing in the back of the endzone.

TD.jpg

The two guys circled in red are the nearest defenders. The guy with the arrow pointed at him (just off screen) is the receiver, and Tebow is the one standing at the 10 on the numbers. It was bad defense. It was a decent heads-up play by Tebow getting out of the collapsing pocket, but it wasn't magical, you see that every day in the NFL. And the guy was so wide open that it was ridiculous. I think part of it might have been they were too scared of Tebow taking it in with his legs, but you can't abandon your assignment and just have everybody chasing after the quarterback. Blown coverage.
  • Options
    Tebow asks for an audience with the Pope, who grants it. Tebow flies to Rome and the Pope gives him a tour of the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel, everything. But it's Sunday morning and now the Pope needs to deliver Mass to the 50,000 people waiting in St. Peter's Square below his window. "Come with me to the window and see for yourself," the Pope says. The two of them go to the window. Down below, an Italian guy says to his buddy, "Hey, who's the guy in the pointy hat next to Tebow?"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    i love that old joke...w/ the pope that is...
    when i was younger, my uncle's always told it with...
    who's that guy up there with 'Leroy"...
    nice...what a blast from the past...
  • Options
    but the fact remains that he is one of the worst qb's in the league for 3 quarters but his rating in the 4th is 111%. that is nothing short of a remarkable turnaround and it's happened time after time this year. his td pass on sunday was really well done on his part--scrambling and knowing where the line of scrimmage was and all. i was impressed.

I'd rather have a quarterback (and I do) who is good throughout the game and has a QB rating of 123.3 overall. You don't have to break down Aaron Rodgers QB rating by quarter to find an acceptable stat. He's all day.

As for that TD pass you're talking about, a nice little bit of slipperiness, but I didn't find the overall play that amazing. Most quarterbacks know where the line of scrimmage is, there's a giant orange pylon on the sideline showing them where it is. Colt McCoy did something very similar the other night, only the result was Harrison going helmet to helmet on him after he got off the pass, and it wasn't in the red zone.

Not to mention the fact that the guy was ridiculously wide open. There wasn't anybody even remotely around him, so it wasn't some thread-the-needle pass the dude was standing in the back of the endzone.

TD.jpg

The two guys circled in red are the nearest defenders. The guy with the arrow pointed at him (just off screen) is the receiver, and Tebow is the one standing at the 10 on the numbers. It was bad defense. It was a decent heads-up play by Tebow getting out of the collapsing pocket, but it wasn't magical, you see that every day in the NFL. And the guy was so wide open that it was ridiculous. I think part of it might have been they were too scared of Tebow taking it in with his legs, but you can't abandon your assignment and just have everybody chasing after the quarterback. Blown coverage.

really? you'd rather have aaron rogers than tim tebow? :lol: i'd rather have about 20 other qb's than tim tebow. that wasn't the point. that wasn't the point by the widest of margins. :?

what he's done in the 4th quarters of these games as opposed to the other 3 quarters is really fucking impressive anyway you look at it.

and the reason that reciever was so open was because tebow did a great job of extending that play to allow him time to get so open. being aware of where the line of scrimmage was while scrambling was impressive too. i've seen plenty of qb's toss it over the line or just take off and run, as he could have done there.

the point of all this is just to sit back, relax, and enjoy this story that's been playing out. don't question it. don't you EVER question tim tebow! :x :x :x

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

really? you'd rather have aaron rogers than tim tebow? :lol: i'd rather have about 20 other qb's than tim tebow. that wasn't the point. that wasn't the point by the widest of margins. :?

what he's done in the 4th quarters of these games as opposed to the other 3 quarters is really fucking impressive anyway you look at it.

and the reason that reciever was so open was because tebow did a great job of extending that play to allow him time to get so open. being aware of where the line of scrimmage was while scrambling was impressive too. i've seen plenty of qb's toss it over the line or just take off and run, as he could have done there.

the point of all this is just to sit back, relax, and enjoy this story that's been playing out. don't question it. don't you EVER question tim tebow! :x :x :x

are you the same guy who used to get on the giants guy for excessive use of emoticons?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

are you the same guy who used to get on the giants guy for excessive use of emoticons?

fair point. tim tebow just brings out all of my emoticons. :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

fair point. tim tebow just brings out all of my emoticons. :x
    tebow changes everything :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

My point was that if he weren't so awful the first 3 quarters of the game he wouldn't HAVE to be so good in the 4th. And his "amazing" 4th quarter QB Rating isn't as good as Rodgers QB Rating for entire games. And Tebow is 3rd in 4th quarter QB ratings behind Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers. As an Eagles fan I doubt you're willing to call Eli amazing for his 117.0 QB rating in the 4th quarter. Eli has led some amazing comebacks also, he just doesn't get as much attention because the media hasn't latched onto him the same way as Tebow. And Eli is doing it with one of the worst defenses I have seen in my life. Having said that, I think Eli is a complete tool.

I'm just saying I'd rather have a quarterback who doesn't stink for 3/4 of the game, no matter how good he is in that final 1/4. And if the Broncos defense weren't playing so well and holding teams to 10-13 points for the whole game, it wouldn't matter what Tebow does in the 4th quarter, it would be out of reach. Tebow has the luxury of being able to suck for 3 quarters while the defense keeps them in the game, then Tebow can put together a drive and win the game.

I don't have anything against what the Broncos have done, but it is the BRONCOS, and not so much Tebow, although he is a part of it.
  • Options

I don't have anything against what the Broncos have done, but it is the BRONCOS, and not so much Tebow, although he is a part of it.
    and just so you know....I only post here because this whole "Tebowmania" strikes me as funny.

on ESPN, it is never fucking ending :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

My point was that if he weren't so awful the first 3 quarters of the game he wouldn't HAVE to be so good in the 4th. And his "amazing" 4th quarter QB Rating isn't as good as Rodgers QB Rating for entire games. And Tebow is 3rd in 4th quarter QB ratings behind Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers. As an Eagles fan I doubt you're willing to call Eli amazing for his 117.0 QB rating in the 4th quarter. Eli has led some amazing comebacks also, he just doesn't get as much attention because the media hasn't latched onto him the same way as Tebow. And Eli is doing it with one of the worst defenses I have seen in my life. Having said that, I think Eli is a complete tool.

I'm just saying I'd rather have a quarterback who doesn't stink for 3/4 of the game, no matter how good he is in that final 1/4. And if the Broncos defense weren't playing so well and holding teams to 10-13 points for the whole game, it wouldn't matter what Tebow does in the 4th quarter, it would be out of reach. Tebow has the luxury of being able to suck for 3 quarters while the defense keeps them in the game, then Tebow can put together a drive and win the game.

the fact that he is so awful in the first 3 quarters makes what he's doing in the 4th quarter so amazing dude. the fact that he's even in the same realm of 4th quarter passer ratings with rogers is incredible...and hillarious at the same time. just enjoy it.

and as an eagles fan, yeah i can tell you that eli manning has been fucking great in the 4th quarter. why would i doubt that? :? unfortunately i've seen that first hand multiple times. i don't like him, but he's having a career year. yes, obviously he is a tool.

just enjoy this man. no need to try and read into it and over analyze it. tebow's not a good qb by any stretch of the imagination. this whole thing is just pretty fun to watch play out.

i'm with imalive--"tebowmania" is both hillarious and intriguing at the same time. it's funny shit.

we have a guy at work who has been pretty bad all year long and is now killing it in december. nobody can explain it. hes' the same guy that's been a so-so loan officer for the last few years. suddenly he's blowing everyone away in the last month of the year. we now call him, simply, "tebow."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Well my point is that I am enjoying... THE BRONCOS. Not the lazy narrative ESPN has created. It's like Mike Tirico said to Gruden the other night on Monday Night Football when Gruden started exaggerating what Tebow has done and falsified the numbers, then Tirico called him on it and jokingly said he was sorry for "letting the facts get in the way of a good story". Tebowmania has taken on a life of its own, and as Tebow himself has fruitlessly attempted to tell the media, it's a team sport and the Defense should get as much credit as him. I would say even more, but that's just me. I think what the team has done is great, but nobody is talking about the Broncos, it's simply Tebow.

As for the Eli thing, I was simply pointing out I don't see people (not necessarily just you) doting on him in spite of the fact his 4th quarter QB rating is higher than Tebow's. He's not a good story. I'm somewhat impressed with what Tebow has done, but I'm realistic about it. And I'm more impressed with the Broncos Defense. And I think the biggest story in the NFL is what the Houston Texans are doing with a third string quarterback. But it's funny, because on ESPN they keep dismissing that story by talking about how the Texans defense are keeping the ball rolling, but when they talk about Denver, in which the exact same thing is happening, then it's all Tebow.
  • Options

we have a guy at work who has been pretty bad all year long and is now killing it in december. nobody can explain it. hes' the same guy that's been a so-so loan officer for the last few years. suddenly he's blowing everyone away in the last month of the year. we now call him, simply, "tebow."
    I like it...a new nickname for anyone with an unexplained ascension from the mean :thumbup:

could probably be used as an adjective or verb also :think:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Well my point is that I am enjoying... THE BRONCOS. Not the lazy narrative ESPN has created. It's like Mike Tirico said to Gruden the other night on Monday Night Football when Gruden started exaggerating what Tebow has done and falsified the numbers, then Tirico called him on it and jokingly said he was sorry for "letting the facts get in the way of a good story". Tebowmania has taken on a life of its own, and as Tebow himself has fruitlessly attempted to tell the media, it's a team sport and the Defense should get as much credit as him. I would say even more, but that's just me. I think what the team has done is great, but nobody is talking about the Broncos, it's simply Tebow.

As for the Eli thing, I was simply pointing out I don't see people (not necessarily just you) doting on him in spite of the fact his 4th quarter QB rating is higher than Tebow's. He's not a good story. I'm somewhat impressed with what Tebow has done, but I'm realistic about it. And I'm more impressed with the Broncos Defense. And I think the biggest story in the NFL is what the Houston Texans are doing with a third string quarterback. But it's funny, because on ESPN they keep dismissing that story by talking about how the Texans defense are keeping the ball rolling, but when they talk about Denver, in which the exact same thing is happening, then it's all Tebow.

i totally get what you're saying. but you have to have a sense of humor about it man.

i think this whole thing is hillarious...however i also think his performances in the 4th verses his awfulness in the 1st 3 quarters is pretty fucking incredible.

and i really like the denver defense too. b dawk is flying all over the place like it's 7 years ago. von miller's a beast too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i totally get what you're saying. but you have to have a sense of humor about it man.

Well I did have a sense of humor about it, but ESPN has just run this thing into the ground. I can't even watch SportsCenter to catch scores or hear any sports news, because it's the Tim Tebow Show now. They would rather talk about what Tebow had for breakfast than any other actual sports news. And any football game you watch, chances are the announcers will talk about him ad nauseum, even if he's not playing in the game. It's over-saturation, which annoys me, no matter who it is about. The good thing is that it is taking a lot of media pressure off of my Packers, because with all the Tebow news they're practically flying under the radar now with their unbeaten streak. Although I hope they lose a game and can just focus on winning the Super Bowl, because the Tebow attention will die down eventually and the focus will shift back to the Packers, which I would find annoying too. In this age of 24 hours sports coverage, ESPN has become much like the 24 hour news cycle, they will find SOMETHING to run into the ground. This Tebow thing has just taken over a bit more than usual though.