Options

Wedding music suggestion

fiveagainstone11fiveagainstone11 Posts: 8
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Hey guys,

I'm getting married in 4 weeks time in Cyprus which is going to be a small but lovely civil ceremony. We're trying to decide on the wedding music at the moment and want to make it personal, so as I love PJ, we thought it would be fitting to try and use a song for when my other half walks "down the isle".

She really loves the song "Black" and it's definately my fav song, but i'm not sure it's appropriate given the meaning. What do you think?

Any other song suggestions?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hi, congrats.

how about Animal.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    Smile
  • Options
    hi, congrats.

how about Animal.

One of my fav's as you can tell from my username, but I think she'd be skipping down the isle to that one! ;-)
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Thin Air
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Betterman

;)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,719
    I'm not sure Pj have an appropriate song for walking down the isle, but we used Ledbetter to finish our wedding night party, that was so beautiful for me, and a few others but was lost on the most of the people there....still it made me smile from ear to ear and really finished it off perfectly
  • Options
    Ben Harper - Forever
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Options
    thin air or .... well... theres not much else.

the all mighty pj dont have the greatest track record in writing love songs.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    thin air or .... well... theres not much else.

the all mighty pj dont have the greatest track record in writing love songs.

ummm, i think you are forgetting I'm Still Here.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    leash.... or blood!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    leash.... or blood!

Leash would maybe be the most appropriate!
  • Options
    hummus.

Congratulations :)
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    +1 for "thin air"
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,872
    the obvious choice would be Hail Hail .best wishes for a happy life together
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    MikeoMikeo Posts: 199
    My wife walked down the Isle to Foldback. it worked really well.
  • Options
    Mikeo wrote:
    My wife walked down the Isle to Foldback. it worked really well.

That might work actually. Forgot about that. What's it on again, the Touring Band DVD?
  • Options
    sad04sad04 Posts: 10
    How about Low light, In my tree, or Who you are?

Have fun! I just got married in February and it was such an amazing experience.
  • Options
    wishlist ... I wish I was the verbe to trust and never let you down ...
    2006 Antwerp Belgium
    2007 Werchter Belgium
    2010 Nijmegen Netherlands,
    2010 Werchter Belgium
    2012 Werchter Belgium
    2014 Amsterdam 1 Netherlands
    2014 Werchter Belgium
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Hey guys,

I'm getting married in 4 weeks time in Cyprus which is going to be a small but lovely civil ceremony. We're trying to decide on the wedding music at the moment and want to make it personal, so as I love PJ, we thought it would be fitting to try and use a song for when my other half walks "down the isle".

She really loves the song "Black" and it's definately my fav song, but i'm not sure it's appropriate given the meaning. What do you think?

Any other song suggestions?

On the Into the Wild Soundtrack, after the song Guaranteed, the music repeats after a couple minutes only instead of Ed singing the lyrics, he hums them. Very appropriate I would say for the moment. Congrats also.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,558
    Has to be either Faithful or Oceans! Congrats!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    On the Into the Wild Soundtrack, after the song Guaranteed, the music repeats after a couple minutes only instead of Ed singing the lyrics, he hums them. Very appropriate I would say for the moment. Congrats also.

This is a great suggestion also. I was actually listening to the album this morning.

I now have a few to put to my future wife.
  • Options
    ...go with Thin Air.

I have every intention to use that and Led Zep's "Thank You" as my two main wedding song...

...you know, someday long down the road when I find someone to overlook all my extensive imperfections...

...Congratulations. Enjoy it.
    If Adam and Eve had Taco Bell they would have never eaten that filthy fruit...
  • Options
    ...go with Thin Air.

I have every intention to use that and Led Zep's "Thank You" as my two main wedding song...

...you know, someday long down the road when I find someone to overlook all my extensive imperfections...

...Congratulations. Enjoy it.

I've always wanted "Thank You" to be one of mine, too - good thinking! :)
  • Options
    Are you having someone playing the music on an instrument, or just a real version of the song?

Untitled is beautiful!
  • Options
    The wife and I walked into our reception with Alive and our last dance was Yellowledbetter.
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    Married on the island of Cypress, you lucky dog you. It is beautiful there.
    How about 'Faithful' for the processional.
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    Light Years
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    What about "Thumbing My Way"? Has a nice slow dance tempo to it. Or "Come Back" for that matter.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    We've decided on Guaranteed from the Eddie Vedder Into the Wild album. It's just feels like a really appropriate song.

It's going to be played from a cd, not by a band unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    I've always wanted "Thank You" to be one of mine, too - good thinking! :)

I love the Chris Cornell Unplugged in Sweden version of this song too. Really nice lyrics.