Options

Wedding music suggestion

2»

Comments

• Options
    I know its not PJ, but we used 'Throw your arms around me' sung by Eddie at our wedding. We played at the end of the night as we exited the room.

Sydney - 11.03.1998
    Melbourne - 18.02.2003
    Sydney - 07.11.2006
    Nijmegen - 28.06.2007
    New York - 24.06.2008
    London - 18.08.2009
    London - 25.06.2010
  • Options
    I agree on Light Years & Thin Air.

altho might be a bit sappy...

try skipping to Bugs.
    WOOT!
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    got married last year and instead of the traditionel weddingdance song kind of thing we do here in Denmark, one of my friends played Yellow Ledbetter/ Little Wings because me and my wife both loved that combination from PJs concert i Vienna 06 and it was during that tour ( 3 shows Praque, Berlin and Vienna ) that I realized that my girlfriend was so cool and she loved PJ as well..... so I popped the big question....
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    "Fools Rush In" cover from vegas. My sister is getting married in three weeks, and that's the only PJ related song she agreed to play.
    My rhymes and records they don't get played
    Because my records and rhymes they don't get made
    And if you rap like me you don't get paid
    And if you roll like me you don't get laid.
  • Options
    I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie

What a freakishly lovely song...fantastic love song!!

or You're True by Ed
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Noonie wrote:
    "Fools Rush In" cover from vegas. My sister is getting married in three weeks, and that's the only PJ related song she agreed to play.

Using this October 25th at my wedding as our first dance song! Only PJ I could get!

Another non PJ song we are surly going to dance to is "The Luckiest" - Ben Folds... If you haven't heard it take a listen...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWX11AMBEc
    Song starts at 2:25

I don't get many things right the first time
    In fact, I am told that a lot
    Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
    Brought me here

And where was I before the day
    That I first saw your lovely face?
    Now I see it everyday
    And I know

That I am
    I am
    I am
    The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
    In a house on a street where you lived?
    Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
    Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
    I see one pair that I recognize
    And I know

That I am
    I am
    I am
    The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
    And one day passed away in his sleep
    And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
    And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
    That I know

That I am
    I am
    I am
    The luckiest

The old man part gets me every time I listen to that song.
  • Options
    bookem wrote:
    I know its not PJ, but we used 'Throw your arms around me' sung by Eddie at our wedding. We played at the end of the night as we exited the room.

My wife and I played that at our recepetion too. Also Thin Air. We made a cd of our favorite songs to give the guests and both were on it. My Wife by The Who closed the cd. My nephew played his guitar for us when we walked the aisle. I couldn't think of any PJ so he played What A Wonderful World for my wife and Pinball Wizard for me.
  • Options
    Theres soo many good songs that would work for a wedding!
  • Options
    I can't believe nobody mentioned Parachutes. I would have used that if it was out when I got married. We started the dance floor with Release, played Throw Your Arms Around Me as a slow song and ended with Ledbetter. I am also a DJ at weddings and when brides request jazz for the cocktail hour, damn right I play Harrybu McCage.. lol.
  • Options
    My Wife and I danced to "Around the Bend" at our wedding. Felt appropriate and can be a nice tune to dance to. Congrats man!!!
    the sun has set, the sun will rise another day....
  • Options
    whipping
  • Options
    Hey guys,

I'm getting married in 4 weeks time in Cyprus which is going to be a small but lovely civil ceremony. We're trying to decide on the wedding music at the moment and want to make it personal, so as I love PJ, we thought it would be fitting to try and use a song for when my other half walks "down the isle".

She really loves the song "Black" and it's definately my fav song, but i'm not sure it's appropriate given the meaning. What do you think?

Any other song suggestions?

my advice is to go classy on her walk down the aisle. i used "no surprises" by radiohead, but the christopher o'reilly piano version. I dont think you really want words, do you? take away from her moment. so maybe a re-worked version of a PJ song.

if you are goign to go with an actual tune. Long Road from the fallen heroes soundtrack is a good one. i used that for the music when people were taking their seats.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    We've decided on Guaranteed from the Eddie Vedder Into the Wild album. It's just feels like a really appropriate song.

It's going to be played from a cd, not by a band unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Congratulations and good choice. Enjoy your night!

Good to hear the others mentioned Throw Your Arms Around Me. It's still one of our fav's. Here's what my wife & I used for our wedding...

Hail, Hail and Given to Fly in Rehersal Dinner video / picture show
    Throw Your Arms Around Me was our dance at the reception.
    Then, the last song of the night was Untitled / mfc as we ran out to our mini fast car.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    My brother had Thin Air.... he's now divorced :p

True Love waits... Radiohead?

Maybe Oceans....
  • Options
    I walked down the aisle to "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" from the Smashing Pumpkins. It's the beautiful piano intro from the Mellon Collie album. The title got everyone talking once they saw it on the program.

Our first dance was Eddie's cover of Throw Your Arms Around Me from Boston I believe.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    jcckjc wrote:
    I walked down the aisle to "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" from the Smashing Pumpkins. It's the beautiful piano intro from the Mellon Collie album. The title got everyone talking once they saw it on the program.

Our first dance was Eddie's cover of Throw Your Arms Around Me from Boston I believe.
    I love that piano piece... i had the sheet music and I got someone who had never heard it to play it. They just tapped away and i was blown away by it... they had timing out slightly.. but fucking hell :p
  • Options
    Thumbing My Way. All Or None. Low Light. Wish List. You Are. Of The Girl.
    Parachutes.
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    bean8969 wrote:
    My wife and I played that at our recepetion too. Also Thin Air. We made a cd of our favorite songs to give the guests and both were on it. My Wife by The Who closed the cd. My nephew played his guitar for us when we walked the aisle. I couldn't think of any PJ so he played What A Wonderful World for my wife and Pinball Wizard for me.

What can I say... classy taste!

Sydney - 11.03.1998
    Melbourne - 18.02.2003
    Sydney - 07.11.2006
    Nijmegen - 28.06.2007
    New York - 24.06.2008
    London - 18.08.2009
    London - 25.06.2010