Options

Pay It Forward - japanese Daughter 3"

hostishostis Posts: 441
edited November 2011 in Lost Dogs
a few weeks ago a wonderful person sent me a PJ20 poster (Hamilton) as they werent that keen on it and i said I loved it. She kindly posted it to me and I am about to get it framed. I then posted a thankyou and someone mentioned to "Pay It Forward".....so thats what I am going to do.

I am going to pay forward onething of my PJ Collection that I believe is quite rare to a fan that really wants it.

the item is Daughter. Japanese 3 inch snap pack.

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=54

now, to be in with a chance of winning this, all you have to do is to also "pay it forward". Tell me what you will pay forward to another 10 clubber and the winnning entry will receive the cd single, postage paid by me, anywhere worldwide.

*competition closes 31st Oct 2011. winner will be notified. standard terms and conditions apply :)*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,706
    awesome
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    I love that you are paying it forward, my friend! Hope all is well in England!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    ogey38 wrote:
    I love that you are paying it forward, my friend! Hope all is well in England!

what else could I do after your act of kindness?! shame no one seems to be interested in it!...
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    Thank you for your act of generosity and kindness...

how's this? If I win, I will donate it towards raising funds for this PJ fan related fund-raiser:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=172391
  • Options
    Oh, I'm sure there will be plenty of people interested....it's early yet!!
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    pdalowsky wrote:
    awesome
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    wow...that is really cool!!!

i'll pay it forward by donating this prize to elway vedder. so, take my name as another entry for him! thanks for the chance!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    mfc2006 wrote:

i'll pay it forward by donating this prize to elway vedder. so, take my name as another entry for him! thanks for the chance!

I like that idea, I'll do the same only put Rico's name in for my entry :)
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

ah, shucks guys. i never thought i have two other guys make me blush. Thanks for the good vibes.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    edited October 2011
    I only have a EV guitar pick ev/23 and a couple of posters, the 1998 lance mercer book; I've been giving away all my extras for the wishlist and a few trades so +/- that's all I have to pay forward for now, and I'll do some kind of lottery contest.
    Post edited by arq on
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    RiotZact wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

oh and for the OP if you don't know Rico is "thefixer9", he pays it forward all the time
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    RiotZact wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

oh and for the OP if you don't know Rico is "thefixer9", he pays it forward all the time

Aww.... :oops: Thanks Zack! :mrgreen: I'll do the same but put in Halifax2theMax due to the fact of his awesome Pay it Forward idea!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    I actually have one of these Daughter 3" CD singles. I totally forgot all about it. I remember being excited it had the YL lyrics, and then reading them and realizing they were wrong. This must 1995 or so. Wow.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    mfc2006 wrote:

Put me down for the same. If I win, the price will go to elwayvedder.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Awesome! Now how do I get every other give away thread to work like this?! Haha...You guys are awesome. Oh, and just for newcomers reading this thread- I'm not actually planning on keeping the prize. When people say it will go to me, it means they are donating it to a cause to help raise funds for a good cause (listed above)
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Awesome! Now how do I get every other give away thread to work like this?! Haha...You guys are awesome. Oh, and just for newcomers reading this thread- I'm not actually planning on keeping the prize. When people say it will go to me, it means they are donating it to a cause to help raise funds for a good cause (listed above)

If you dont win, Ill have a hunt round and see what else i have that could be willing donations - after all, pay it forward (according to the film) has to be done to 3 people! :)
  • Options
    hostis wrote:

If you dont win, Ill have a hunt round and see what else i have that could be willing donations - after all, pay it forward (according to the film) has to be done to 3 people! :)

Thank you! I've learned that there's no one more giving to others than PJ fans. I think that's what makes our relationship with the band so special. We both give and take and elevate ourselves during the process to something better
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Bump for Hostis....
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    juancor70juancor70 Posts: 206
    I sent you a PM a few days ago with my Pay-it-forward; do I have to post it here in this thread??
  • Options
    JC219511 wrote:
    I sent you a PM a few days ago with my Pay-it-forward; do I have to post it here in this thread??
    you can if you like to show what you could decide to PIF. Your call really but your items were pretty special :-)
  • Options
    final bump
  • Options
    oh sorry. I comepltely forgot to post. no, not promo. just the normal single. I think my alive japanese single is promo but not this.
  • Options
    and the winner is.........

Elwayvedder (funnily enough). Ill donate the cd single to the charity. seems as good a thing to do as anythign with this. PM sent.

to everyone else that offered the pay it forward. thank you. you are kind people indeed. Its a shame that a post that was about giving as well as receiving received less offers than freebie offers but hey. thats fine. I really hope the charity appreciate it and it raises a few dollars.

thank you.
  • Options
    woohoo!
    Thanks Neil. Thanks to you and others, we will do good things with this fund-raiser in February. May the PJ Karma come back to you ten-fold!!
    -EV
  • Options
    Nice initiative! Thank you for posting and starting this!