Options

For all you NHL Hockey / Pearl Jam fans out there . . .

Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Pearl Jam has been doing a "sports shirt" at a lot of their shows lately as part of the merch being sold at venues. I'm a big Los Angeles Kings fan and thought it'd be cool to come up with my own take on a "Pearl Jamized" version the Kings logo. This is what I came up with:

Original Los Angeles Kings logo:
KingsLogo.jpg

Pearl Jam version:
PJKingsLogo.jpg
Larger version: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/wolfey143/PJKingsLogobig.jpg

Crown detail:
PJKingsCrowndetail.jpg

Please let me know what you think. Would prefer this to NOT become my hockey team is better than yours thread. This was just me taking two things I love, and am passionate about, and combining them. ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    halvhalv Posts: 695
    Love it! I'd buy that for sure. Much better than the Edmonton shirt at the recent show.
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    Pretty impressive and great work there. Shoot an email to 10C and see if they would start having guest artists/designers for their sports themed shirts. It amazes me what some of you can do with photoshop, unreal.

I would love to see what you could do with the "Spoked B" Boston Bruins logo. (Hint, Hint!) :lol:
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    Would buy ...very cool
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    PJ88 wrote:
    I would love to see what you could do with the "Spoked B" Boston Bruins logo. (Hint, Hint!) :lol:

BostonBruinsPJlogosmall.jpg
    Larger version: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/wolfey143/BostonBruinsPJlogo.jpg
  • Options
    PJ88 wrote:

Larger version: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/wolfey143/BostonBruinsPJlogo.jpg

I am absolutely speechless! That design is top-notch awesome! Great work.
    I'm sending you a PM.
  • Options
    PJ88 wrote:
    Pretty impressive and great work there. Shoot an email to 10C and see if they would start having guest artists/designers for their sports themed shirts. It amazes me what some of you can do with photoshop, unreal.

maybe you can tell them, if they not busy in january or febuary, maybe they can play some LA, vegas, san diego, phoenix, denver shows????? that be sweet :D no vegas show since 2006 :(
  • Options
    PJ88 wrote:

maybe you can tell them, if they not busy in january or febuary, maybe they can play some LA, vegas, san diego, phoenix, denver shows????? that be sweet :D no vegas show since 2006 :(

I only wish I had that much pull! :lol: I think Marcus' designs are top-notch and would look great continuing the band's sports themed clothing. No shows in Vegas since 2006? That's terrible. Hopefully they can get back out to you guys in the new year.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,588
    Would buy that LA shirt in a heartbeat
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,083
    love it!
    do you take requests? You could then submit them to Mark 5 and see if they become true shirts for future shows!

Like I would love to see a really good version of The Denver Broncos when PJ plays Red Rocks (hint hint PJ, please!!) or when Penn State when they come back to State College (again, Jedi Mind Tricks are trying to be used here to influence the band's decision making in where to play!)
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Awesome work dude!!!
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    These look awesome!!! And since they have not been back to Atlanta in almost 10 years, maybe you could make a Braves one for me to just get my fix since there are no current plans for PJ to be back here or anywhere near here any time soon.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Bennyorr4Bennyorr4 Posts: 307
    Sweet Bruins logo bro, hope you dont mind if I steal this to make myself a jersey. I'm going to put "VEDDER 10" on the back as well. Thank you for an awesome idea. I'm a huge Bruins fan, have been all my life. I am Canadian so everyone wonders why. I just say two words, Bobby Orr, then they understand. Champs Baby!!!! YEAH!!
  • Options
    Not sure I really like the Iron Cross looking embellishments you did on the crown or the fact that the Stickman seems to have the point of the crown up his crotch. But, cool work. Maybe, just make a couple adjustments. ;)
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,085
    Not sure I really like the Iron Cross looking embellishments you did on the crown or the fact that the Stickman seems to have the point of the crown up his crotch. But, cool work. Maybe, just make a couple adjustments. ;)
    Replace clovers with little stickmen around the crown and remove the stickman from the top.That way he doesn't seem out of place. The record adapter logo is also an option on the crown. I think it is an awesome start. I would love to see more sports logos attempted for PJ shirts, especially hockey.
  • Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    I'll second the motion for a Broncos PJ shirt! I would definitely buy it.
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    PJ88 wrote:

AMEN!!!!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    I doubt you are taking requests but it wouldn't hurt to ask, Can you please try an Oilers logo, that would be sweet. Ill even trade you some PJ memorabilia if you want, just for your efforts. Thank you in advance bro,

Benny
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    Love the crown detail!

Go Kings Go!!!
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,085
    Bennyorr4 wrote:
    I doubt you are taking requests but it wouldn't hurt to ask, Can you please try an Oilers logo, that would be sweet. Ill even trade you some PJ memorabilia if you want, just for your efforts. Thank you in advance bro,

Benny
    Ditto. That would be awesome. I have been trying one, but my photoshop skills aren't the best.
  • Options
    Hey man at least you're trying. Again, thanks eh.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    PJ88 wrote:

Up for some mild criticism from a Bruins fan?

The "J" appears to fade behind the "P" ... making it appear it could actually be "PU" :lol:

I'd like it a touch more if the 'J" ended before going behind the "P".

Again, mild criticism on a cool design.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,357
    Great job with the Kings' and Bruins' logos. I'll second another person's desire for more hockey logos. Impressive.
  • Options
    Bennyorr4 wrote:

Benny
    A work in progress:
    PJOilersLogo_inprogress.jpg

Just have to decide how I'm going to do the "Jam" part. ;)
  • Options
    Great design!
    You might as well go ahead & do a design for each of the original 6.
    (nothing to do with the fact that i'm a detroiter :lol: )
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    well since eddie's from chicago, i think i might die if i ever see a blackhawks/PJ logo...i love the cubbies but the hawks are chicago's town and it's such an epic logo to see...esp. with a PJ touch...these are awesome!
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    dude, i am a hockey enthusiastic and pearl jam fanatic, and the three that you have posted thus far are incredible, great work!

anyone have ideas on how to make it work with...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbr3YGepepsDgW-1vm7OcjETmtPfWWS90qbtzj3U7AKwUQNF2E
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    Bennyorr4 wrote:

Benny
    A work in progress:

Thats sweet man, good work.
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    Bennyorr4 wrote:
    Bennyorr4 wrote:

Benny
    A work in progress:

Thats sweet man, good work.

That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen..... :lol:
    Go Flames Go
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Dude nice designs.

how about an original 6 red white and blue one so i can steal it.

:lol:

jk
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    PJOilersLogo.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about the "Jam" portion of this. There's no easy way to incorporate it without taking away from the original logo too much. This seemed the best way to keep the same look but still including the word "Jam" Let me know what you guys think.
This discussion has been closed.