The "official" Manchester United thread

124»

Comments

• titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Well well, tonights the night... do or die.. who is going to bottle it. can't wait for kick off.

i've not looked forward to a game in such a long time. i'm even getting to start work an hour later, so i can watch the game... what a good boss i have.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Anyone have a livestream link? :)
    so boring game so far..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    oh bugger, still 2 games to go, anything can still happen, which has been proven in the last few weeks... swinging back and forth
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    City!!! :lol::lol:
  • oh bugger, still 2 games to go, anything can still happen, which has been proven in the last few weeks... swinging back and forth

:lol: Here's an unlikely crazy scenario for you - Newcastle ties Chelsea, then beats City at home to destroy City's title and put themselves in postion for CL qualifying next year, but then Chelsea beats Bayern in Munich the following Saturday to snatch the 3rd auto bid and Newcastle falls back to Europa anyway...... :lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    ah crap. looked like united tried the same strategy that worked for Chelsea against Barca and it backfired. They needed to have the attacking line-up from the beginning.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ah crap. looked like united tried the same strategy that worked for Chelsea against Barca and it backfired. They needed to have the attacking line-up from the beginning.
    true!!!
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

i agree, as soon as utd changed to 4-4-2 they attacked a bit more, but was too late, city already had their backs up and defended well.
    seriously how set up was that?????anyone check online beting the last 5 min of city macth with qpr??
    hahhahaha...come on...when bolton match ends,and qpr saved in the league..in 2 min man city score 2 goals
    and took the championship..lol
    seriously how set up was that?????anyone check online beting the last 5 min of city macth with qpr??
    hahhahaha...come on...when bolton match ends,and qpr saved in the league..in 2 min man city score 2 goals

I said the exact same sort of thing to my wife, maybe just being a bit of a sore loser, but it does seem a bit suspect, that qpr where giving their all in defence, then all of a sudden didn't try as hard. oh well, well done city
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760

I said the exact same sort of thing to my wife, maybe just being a bit of a sore loser, but it does seem a bit suspect, that qpr where giving their all in defence, then all of a sudden didn't try as hard. oh well, well done city

your joking right?

you see the emotion on players faces..managers..if that was fixed the the best oscar award goes to...the man city squad..

your joking right?

you see the emotion on players faces..managers..if that was fixed the the best oscar award goes to...the man city squad..
    qpr players after bolton match ends and save the league..start to singing Alive..

i just stare.....im still alive..what a joke..i watching the bettig companies..the last 10 min,u couldnt bet on bolton match..lol..what a joke..
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Take that Manc scum!
    Brisk. wrote:
    Take that Manc scum!

are you referring to the band " Take That" if so i agree :lol::lol:
    that was a fantastic finish by City, what an amazing game! I thought they had lost it and I was thinking United had the title, oh well. But United lost it a few weeks ago, City deserved it.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    that was a fantastic finish by City, what an amazing game! I thought they had lost it and I was thinking United had the title, oh well. But United lost it a few weeks ago, City deserved it.

It was a fantastic finish, and over the whole season city probably did deserve to win, but sometimes that counts for nothing, and for a split second i thought utd had managed to sneak it, but city did what utd do best, so well done to them. and its good for utd to have another challenger, and even better that its city.
    Amazing career extends for at least one more year:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer ... t=sc_t2_a6
    Congratulations to man utd. on their 20th league title, and counting
    Ferguson retiring, wow, the end of an era.

tried to check out Manutd.com:
    PAGE UNAVAILABLE

We are sorry that, due to unprecedented, global interest in the announcement of Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement, you may be experiencing some difficulties accessing ManUtd.com.

This story was the Global no1 social media story within 8 minutes, has already generated greater exposure than the replacement Pope and passing of Margaret Thatcher.

Thank you for your patience and support. We appreciate your persistence in seeking to send a message of thanks to Sir Alex. You can also show your appreciation via facebook (http://www.facebook.com/manutd) which will be logged into the message book.
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Sad to see the great Sir Alex leave, but if anyone deserves a quiet retirement it is him. True legend, and will be sorely missed!

Now I wonder how long it will take Mourinho to start openly lobbying for the job... :roll:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    Love him or hate him Sir Alex is the greatest manager to ever grace the game. Indeed end of an era.

Personally if I was a UTD fan I would want David Moyes as the next manager. He has done a magnificant job at Everton with very little resources. In reality Everton have probably overachieved most seasons with the squad he has and Moyes is great in the transfer market. He' s a very committed manager and is a good choice for building a team for the long term.

Mourinho is a poor choice. He never sticks at a club for long, its all about him and not the club. I have no doubt he would win UTD some trophies but lets face it his teams don't always play good football. I have no doubt he's jockying for the position right now but I believe Sir Alex's successor has already been chosen for a while. He's great entertainment but I wouldn't want him at my club.
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Love him or hate him Sir Alex is the greatest manager to ever grace the game. Indeed end of an era.

Personally if I was a UTD fan I would want David Moyes as the next manager. He has done a magnificant job at Everton with very little resources. In reality Everton have probably overachieved most seasons with the squad he has and Moyes is great in the transfer market. He' s a very committed manager and is a good choice for building a team for the long term.

Mourinho is a poor choice. He never sticks at a club for long, its all about him and not the club. I have no doubt he would win UTD some trophies but lets face it his teams don't always play good football. I have no doubt he's jockying for the position right now but I believe Sir Alex's successor has already been chosen for a while. He's great entertainment but I wouldn't want him at my club.
    Agree, I would pass on José as well. Moyes might be a good fit indeed; others that come to mind are Solskjaer (good results in Norway it seems, but maybe still a little too unexperienced on the big stage), Klopp (Dortmund play amazing football but he seems to be very devoted to stay there), or why not just promote Phelan?
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
    Kloddz wrote:

Agree, I would pass on José as well. Moyes might be a good fit indeed; others that come to mind are Solskjaer (good results in Norway it seems, but maybe still a little too unexperienced on the big stage), Klopp (Dortmund play amazing football but he seems to be very devoted to stay there), or why not just promote Phelan?

I would say Solskjaer has no experience in the 'big leagues' sso to speak, not to dissmiss the work he has done in Norway but the PL is a major challenge. Klopp would be great especially as it seems his team is going to see many departures at the end of the season. It was suggested a few months ago he might be the replacement. Again I don't think Phelan has the experience/ skill to take hold of one of the biggest football teams in the world.
    David Moyes will replaced Ferguson. I think he is a very good, solid choice.
    So Moyes is official. I think it can work out long term, no one can follow Sir Alex but the fans need to be patient and respectful and ultimately need to lower their expectations a little (yeah right). They simply won't win as much under another manager no matter who it is. There has been a few times when UTD have won the league with an inferior team, that's the magic of the guy who left. Next season is gonna be interesting.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Kloddz wrote:
    Sad to see the great Sir Alex leave, but if anyone deserves a quiet retirement it is him. True legend, and will be sorely missed!

Now I wonder how long it will take Mourinho to start openly lobbying for the job... :roll:

True legend, coach of all coaches. This man has done it all. It truly is a sad day in football. Go and enjoy the rest of your life sir alex, you've def deserved it.

As for fuckface mou, I hope he NEVER gets that job. Classless douche bag has NO business walking uniteds side. But I do agree with you, he most def is lobbying for this job. Imagine he tells them he can bring back ronaldo too? Mite use that as his pitch.

Edit-should've read all the posts. Lol