2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    Fleury has been starting off bad, that's for sure, but he has rebounded quite nicely afterwards. Of course, you can't consistently do that, not with the way our stars aren't producing. Fleury's yet to put a full game together, but I think he has done better than the past couple playoffs.

Pens had a lot of shots, true, but not quality ones, and it seemed liked they didn't really have urgency til the second half of the game. They can't keep playing 60 minutes the way they are, but if they can score three goals that quickly consistently...sheeeeiiit.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
    I should add that Bobrovsky is a beast.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Fleury has been starting off bad, that's for sure, but he has rebounded quite nicely afterwards. Of course, you can't consistently do that, not with the way our stars aren't producing. Fleury's yet to put a full game together, but I think he has done better than the past couple playoffs.

Pens had a lot of shots, true, but not quality ones, and it seemed liked they didn't really have urgency til the second half of the game. They can't keep playing 60 minutes the way they are, but if they can score three goals that quickly consistently...sheeeeiiit.

I thought Pitt was the better team ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    polaris_x said:

ya ... you can't win a cup without very good goaltending and fleury just isn't able to produce in the post-season ...

true ... he had back to back post seasons when they got to the cup final and that's been it. If Pitt had a goalie like Price they might be the favorites.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

If San Jose get by the Kings in 6 or less I think they might be the team to beat ... of course that's been said before. They just seem like the complete package, good speed, size, physical, responsible in their own end and good goaltending. Now that I've said that LA will win the next 4 :)).

• ^^^^ Word!! ^^^^
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    damn right they're gonna win the next 4!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    WOOOOHOOOO IT'S A SWEEP AND WE'RE GOING ROUND TWO!!!!!!
    Bit of a nail bitter when it didn't need to be but the boys pulled it out in the end.
    :x <:-P =D> :-SS =D>
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

WOOOOHOOOO IT'S A SWEEP AND WE'RE GOING ROUND TWO!!!!!!
    Bit of a nail bitter when it didn't need to be but the boys pulled it out in the end.
    :x <:-P =D> :-SS =D>

:-bd
  • Hey Quick this isn't the bronze medal game where you and your sucky US team don't want to turn up and play. Maybe you should rethink that theory next time as it seems to have a lasting effect on people like you and those two bums who play on Toronto.

Bleu, blanc et rouge!!!!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• That game was not on Quick. He let one goal in while his idiot defenseman was laying on his back....and the OT goal was a deflection. Team needs to convert on the chances and play better. I was royally pissed off when I went to bed last night but on some more reflection the Sharks are just playing much better hockey. Can come up with all sorts of excuses as a fan but the bottom line is they are playing great right now.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Is it a sign that you are getting old when a small part of you is looking forward to your team losing in the playoffs so you can better rest at night?
    Jason P said:

Is it a sign that you are getting old when a small part of you is looking forward to your team losing in the playoffs so you can better rest at night?

I never saw the Boston/Detroit game but from what I read/heard you could have switched the TV off after the first to period. I guess it was a real stinker put up by Detroit.

edited April 2014
    lukin2006 said:

Jason P said:

I never saw the Boston/Detroit game but from what I read/heard you could have switched the TV off after the first to period. I guess it was a real stinker put up by Detroit.

It was a pile of poop game that robbed me of sleep. At least they are in the eastern time zone conference now.
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Jason P said:

lukin2006 said:

Jason P said:

It was a pile of poop game that robbed me of sleep. At least they are in the eastern time zone conference now.
    dude ... how old are you? ... game was over by 11 no?
    polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

lukin2006 said:

Jason P said:

Getting up at 4:30 am and working a 13 hour day doesn't help matters
    Jason P said:

polaris_x said:

Jason P said:

lukin2006 said:

Jason P said:

Getting up at 4:30 am and working a 13 hour day doesn't help matters
    ahhhh ... that would explain it ...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    BRUINS snow their might on the road, RASK stays on fire.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Pittsburgh looks like they might once again get derailed by poor goaltending. Those last
    2 goals were brutal.

horrible ... fragile is about all one can say ... although he did stop 44 shots last night ...

blues hawks ... great series ... 3 of 4 going to OT
    I can't blame Fleury too much. Goes to show what one bad mistake can do to a team in the playoffs.

I've always wondered what a team should do when it has a lead in the third period: keep the foot on the gas or strictly play defense?
    Fleury is just not a clutch goalie, yes they should keep the gas on ... the problem after Pitt got a 3-0 lead they didn't do anything. If Crosby's not injured then he either needs to man up and make stuff happen or Pitt has a real problem going forward.

• drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    edited April 2014
    *dances*
    *dances*
    *dances*

I'm such a happy girl.
    Post edited by drivingrl on
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Sigh. Okay. Less happy now, but I know my boys can do this.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    polaris_x said:

blues hawks ... great series ... 3 of 4 going to OT

make that 4 out of 5
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    drivingrl said:

Sigh. Okay. Less happy now, but I know my boys can do this.

Hope so ... we need a game 7 or a couple in the first round.

on that tying goal by Columbus that Fleury botched, all the Pittsburgh players, including forwards were watching the puck, nobody was covering any of the Columbus players or in position to do anything, so it was also a defensive breakdown
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee said:

on that tying goal by Columbus that Fleury botched, all the Pittsburgh players, including forwards were watching the puck, nobody was covering any of the Columbus players or in position to do anything, so it was also a defensive breakdown

Good point. I would think if Crosby and Malkin don't start scoring ... that will be Pitts downfall in the end.

lukin2006 said:

smarchee said:

Good point. I would think if Crosby and Malkin don't start scoring ... that will be Pitts downfall in the end.

yep, they don't have the depth on the 3rd and 4th line that they had a couple of years ago due to these huge contracts to their stars

in reality, it doesn't matter, Boston is coming out of the East lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2