2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,473
    Freaking love game 7 when it’s not my team playing in it 😅😅
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,269
    Only thing that kinda sucks is that the game is being played in Florida. Would have been cool possibly to see Edmonton win in it in Canada.
    I hope the Oilers fans buy up all the tickets. 
    Seems like there are a lot of Edmonton fans there, especially after they tied the game.  🍿
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,968
    Ahhhh shit!
  • Options
    Yay! tied it up .... heheheh
  • Options
    Ahhhh shit!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    edited June 25
    Another shitty fan base wins a title.  F them

love the playoffs and Cup though.  Great stuff 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,137
    BRUINS fan here in S Florida strangely rooting for the Panthers.
    A young Matthew Tkachuk and  Jason Tatum going to school. BOTH are now World Champions.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/oDhCgW6zSiU7SLbdA

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    pjhawks said:

Why would you say the Panthers are a shifty fan base? 

Grant you when I go to games down in Sunrise the Bruins fans show up in droves. The Panthers played so well against the Bs. Their goaltending was simply outstanding 👏. 

CONGRATULATIONS 🎊  FLORIDA PANTHERS. 
    ✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,473
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

Grant you when I go to games down in Sunrise the Bruins fans show up in droves. The Panthers played so well against the Bs. Their goaltending was simply outstanding 👏. 

✌️
    Shitty as in no class! They booed the Canadian anthem 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,830
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️
    What? I didn't hear that.  I heard very loud singing from the crowd during both anthems.  In fact it was strange because it seemed like the crowd was ahead of Alanis as she slowed the tempo. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️
    What? I didn't hear that.  I heard very loud singing from the crowd during both anthems.  In fact it was strange because it seemed like the crowd was ahead of Alanis as she slowed the tempo. 
    I was unaware of that incident. If so I'll go back see if that is so, I taped all the Cuo finals.

• Options
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️
    Can't have a game 7 with like 1/4 of the building being fans of a team that is 7,000 miles away.  Booed Conn Smythe award.  And when they aren't great in a few years the building will be empty again.
  • Options
    edited June 25
    pjhawks said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️
    Can't have a game 7 with like 1/4 of the building being fans of a team that is 7,000 miles away.  Booed Conn Smythe award.  And when they aren't great in a few years the building will be empty again.
    If I was a fan, I probably would have booed that call too.  Bob probably should have won it.  McDavid didn't have a point the last three games, if I'm not mistaken.  

edit - last two games he was held pointless. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️
    You do have a point when the Panthers are not playing it is very easy to get a ticket. Just three years ago I was able to get 2 tickets, two rows, behind the Bruins bench, two weeks b4 the game. This year it was very difficult to get a ticket  saw the Bruins twice during the year then tried during the playoffs but the prices were ridiculous.  Nosebleed for the Bruins first playoff game was going for $300 behind the goaltender. For the Stanley Cup Finals $1300 for nosebleed. Maybe that's why so many more Oiler fans showed up.

✌️

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,442
    Congrats to the Panthers.

Last few minutes they left McDavid and Draicitals line out there.  They had zero left in the tank.  30 seconds of rest in that last 7 minutes would have made any difference I don't know but they gave it all and got sloppy at the end.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,787
    Draisaitl with 0 goals for the series and McDavid 0 points in Games 6 and 7.  Yikes.  Florida was great all year.  Such a tough team to play against.  

Great series.  Great season.  Hockey is the best.
  • Options
    Congrats to the Panthers.

Last few minutes they left McDavid and Draicitals line out there.  They had zero left in the tank.  30 seconds of rest in that last 7 minutes would have made any difference I don't know but they gave it all and got sloppy at the end.
    I thought the line strategy early on was interesting.  Putting Draisaitle and McDavid on the same line is their "break glass" strategy.  And they were together right after the Panthers scored the early goal.  That really left the other lines with little real firepower, especially with Kane out.  That may have been a mistake.  RNH seemed limited as well, so they really weren't rolling lines like they needed.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,117
    Maurice says his next wish is the Winnipeg Jets win the cup. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️
    If I was a fan, I probably would have booed that call too.  Bob probably should have won it.  McDavid didn't have a point the last three games, if I'm not mistaken.  

Yes but Bob's games 4-6 were not good.  Close call but I think they got it correct.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️

Yes but Bob's games 4-6 were not good.  Close call but I think they got it correct.
    No.  When it mattered, the last game, McDavid did not deliver.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️

This is my view too.  Bobrovsky played well game 7.  Now he had great help and a great effort in front of him, but he did what he needed to do.  He also played great just about every game other than 4-6.  So I don't blame the Panthers fans for booing that Smythe decision.  I would have too, if I just watched my team win teh Cup on home ice, and the award went to the losing effort. That's a total buzzkill.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️

This is my view too.  Bobrovsky played well game 7.  Now he had great help and a great effort in front of him, but he did what he needed to do.  He also played great just about every game other than 4-6.  So I don't blame the Panthers fans for booing that Smythe decision.  I would have too, if I just watched my team win teh Cup on home ice, and the award went to the losing effort. That's a total buzzkill.  
    as a Philly fan I can only imagine the national outcry that would occur if the Philly fans booed the Conn Smythe.  I guess when the fan base sucks like Florida it's ok though.

Happy for Paul Maurice.   He has been around so long he coached the Hartford Whalers. Pretty crazy. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,556
    The Conn Smythe winner is for the whole playoffs, not just the Finals.

I guess when you break a single playoff record for assist, that was held by some guy named Gretzky, you win the award?

I don't think there would've been too many complaints if Bobrovsky won it? (I don't)
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 512
    It wasn't bad enough that my Rangers didn't make it. Every fucking ESPN Cup commercial played "Got To Give" lol. Rubbing it in.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    cutz said:
    The Conn Smythe winner is for the whole playoffs, not just the Finals.

I guess when you break a single playoff record for assist, that was held by some guy named Gretzky, you win the award?

I don't think there would've been too many complaints if Bobrovsky won it? (I don't)
    Just one question when Gretzky made that record, he won the cup that year right?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️

as a Philly fan I can only imagine the national outcry that would occur if the Philly fans booed the Conn Smythe.  I guess when the fan base sucks like Florida it's ok though.

Happy for Paul Maurice.   He has been around so long he coached the Hartford Whalers. Pretty crazy. 
    Nah, the outcry would have been, "Look, more proof at what total assholes the Philly fans are".  We've all sat in seats with Philly fans.  We know how they are, even when they are the visiting team.  

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️

Nah, the outcry would have been, "Look, more proof at what total assholes the Philly fans are".  We've all sat in seats with Philly fans.  We know how they are, even when they are the visiting team.  

we are no worse than any other east coast fan base.  and the best fan base for PJ so that helps.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️

we are no worse than any other east coast fan base.  and the best fan base for PJ so that helps.
    Agree on the PJ statement.  I always go to Philly shows for just that reason.  

As far as no worse than other NE (not east coast) fan base... I don't know man.  Philly fans seem to be more of a problem than Islander and Caps fans for sure.  Rangers and Bruins, maybe as bad.  I think NY fans have more class than Philly or Boston.  

While you may have an argument with that statement, you know damn well what the reputation is.  And it's Philly is the worst.  Whether that's reality or not is different, but having a jail at the Vet and throwing show balls at Santa creates a rep. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,269
    Great game. Onlty thing that would have been better (besides if Edmonton would have won) if it went into OT. That would have been exciting/dramatic.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    g under p said:
    pjhawks said:

✌️

Agree on the PJ statement.  I always go to Philly shows for just that reason.  

As far as no worse than other NE (not east coast) fan base... I don't know man.  Philly fans seem to be more of a problem than Islander and Caps fans for sure.  Rangers and Bruins, maybe as bad.  I think NY fans have more class than Philly or Boston.  

While you may have an argument with that statement, you know damn well what the reputation is.  And it's Philly is the worst.  Whether that's reality or not is different, but having a jail at the Vet and throwing show balls at Santa creates a rep. 
    haha yup lets bring up things that have happened decades ago . For Christ sakes Santa was in the 60s.  when you to bring up things from so long ago maybe it's time to retire the cliches huh?