Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,813
    That was an excellent hockey game.  Glad I didn't have a real horse otherwise very stressful. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,096
    shit that was exciting
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    What a game.  That 2nd period was absolutely insane.  McDavid is on fire.  
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,413
    That last goal where Tkachuk dove in the net to save it was amazing and only to have McDavid right there.  That was an amazing effort.  Is Tkachuk the only potential HOFer on that Panthers team?
    https://youtu.be/asZzLV4Ihwo?si=6C2cL-EJV1cfZEZh

• Options
    That last goal where Tkachuk dove in the net to save it was amazing and only to have McDavid right there.  That was an amazing effort.  Is Tkachuk the only potential HOFer on that Panthers team?

That was an incredible play by Tkachuck.  Barkov, Reinhart, Bobrovsky are all pretty damn good players....maybe not HOF yet but definitely potential to make it.  And Bobrovsky might already be there...his career numbers are legit.  Really hope this one goes 7.
  • Options
    Bob is HOF.  I agree that Reinhart is definitely HOF material.  Barkov is an excellent two way player, one of the best defensive forwards in the game.  You don't win the Selke otherwise.  I also think Verhaeghe has yet to reach his peak.  I'm not saying he is HOF, but you never know.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Bob is HOF.  I agree that Reinhart is definitely HOF material.  Barkov is an excellent two way player, one of the best defensive forwards in the game.  You don't win the Selke otherwise.  I also think Verhaeghe has yet to reach his peak.  I'm not saying he is HOF, but you never know.  

That was an incredible play by Tkachuck.  Barkov, Reinhart, Bobrovsky are all pretty damn good players....maybe not HOF yet but definitely potential to make it.  And Bobrovsky might already be there...his career numbers are legit.  Really hope this one goes 7.
    OK thx.  I wanted someone elses perspective.
  • Options

I could NOT believe he reached that. Then, like you said, just to have McDavid right there to slap it in was crazy
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Let’s go Oilers force a game 7 🙏 screw Florida 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

I could NOT believe he reached that. Then, like you said, just to have McDavid right there to slap it in was crazy
    Let's not forget Conner McJesus splitting the defenders and making the great pass for that 3rd or 4th goal.  Can't remember which.  

Also interesting that he's #4 on the all time points in a playoff season list, the only one not named Lemieux or Gretzky.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Let's not forget Conner McJesus splitting the defenders and making the great pass for that 3rd or 4th goal.  Can't remember which.  

Also interesting that he's #4 on the all time points in a playoff season list, the only one not named Lemieux or Gretzky.  
    that was also sick. 

you know, not a guy that follows hockey all that much, I found that list shocking. I mean, to be on that list with those two after only 9 seasons?? holy shit
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

that was also sick. 

you know, not a guy that follows hockey all that much, I found that list shocking. I mean, to be on that list with those two after only 9 seasons?? holy shit
    That wasn't all time, it was single season.  Unless we are talking about different lists.  It was the single season playoff points total.  McDavid is only 5 points behind Gretzky for the most, with 47.  With two games to go, he can do it.  

It's conceivable we could have a Conn Smythe coming from the losing team.  The only other time I remember that happening is Ron Hextall.  But maybe there are others.  
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,666

I liked the guy throwing shit at the end.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that was also sick. 

That wasn't all time, it was single season.  Unless we are talking about different lists.  It was the single season playoff points total.  McDavid is only 5 points behind Gretzky for the most, with 47.  With two games to go, he can do it.  

It's conceivable we could have a Conn Smythe coming from the losing team.  The only other time I remember that happening is Ron Hextall.  But maybe there are others.  
    you're right, I was mixing that up with cumulative. 

The sportsnet commentators mentioned that last night, think it only happened one other time, but don't remember them mentioning Hextall's name. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,293
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that was also sick. 

Reggie Leach from the Flyers in 1976 and Jean-Sebastian Giguere in 2003 also have done it.

McDavid has to get it now.  He's been incredible.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that was also sick. 

Reggie Leach from the Flyers in 1976 and Jean-Sebastian Giguere in 2003 also have done it.

Now I remember JSG.  Too young for Leach.  Thanks. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that was also sick. 

Even though McDavid wasnt that good the first 3 games?  He had assists but no goals and the team did not win.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that was also sick. 

Even though McDavid wasnt that good the first 3 games?  He had assists but no goals and the team did not win.
    He has 42 points now.  If he finishes with a handful more points, it would be hard to give it to anyone else.  And no one on Florida has specifically shined in the Finals, it's been balanced.  Looking at the whole playoffs, I would say Bob and McDavid are the two clear cut favs.  If Bob has a great game and they win the Cup, then I think it's him.  If they win the Cup 5-4, and McDavid has 44/45 points, then maybe not.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,379
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that was also sick. 

Conn Smythe accounts for the entirety of the playoffs, not just the finals (different from the NBA and MLB). So, McDavid should he tally some more points could get it even if Edmonton loses.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,969
    Yeah JSG got in in Jersey and the fans booed the fuck out of him, because, you know...Jersey. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,552
    edited June 19
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that was also sick. 

Think Reggie Leach won it too.

Think he scored 19 goals in one Playoffs(1976?) which is still a record and tied with Jarri Kurri. 
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that was also sick. 

He has 42 points now.  If he finishes with a handful more points, it would be hard to give it to anyone else.  And no one on Florida has specifically shined in the Finals, it's been balanced.  Looking at the whole playoffs, I would say Bob and McDavid are the two clear cut favs.  If Bob has a great game and they win the Cup, then I think it's him.  If they win the Cup 5-4, and McDavid has 44/45 points, then maybe not.  
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

that was also sick. 

Conn Smythe accounts for the entirety of the playoffs, not just the finals (different from the NBA and MLB). So, McDavid should he tally some more points could get it even if Edmonton loses.
    I get that.  He turned it up the last 2 games sure.  Just throwing it out there.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,746
    Reggie Leech scored 5 goals against Boston in the semifinals clincher and he was drunk as a skunk. His teammates had to wake him up after he didn’t show up on time. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,969
    Reggie Leech scored 5 goals against Boston in the semifinals clincher and he was drunk as a skunk. His teammates had to wake him up after he didn’t show up on time. 
    Pretty funny.  I wonder if he was the inspiration for Nick Brophy in Slap Shot, "Anybody throws me against the boards, I'm gonna piss all over myself."
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,153
    Should be a great game tonight...and a kickass game following that if the Oilers win
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Should be a great game tonight...and a kickass game following that if the Oilers win
    it's tomorrow night
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    What's with 2 days off between games??  If it goes to 7 then another 2 days off.  I thought the NBA only did that nonsense??
  • Options
    one travel day and one practice day in between. makes sense to me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    What's with 2 days off between games??  If it goes to 7 then another 2 days off.  I thought the NBA only did that nonsense??
    one travel day and one practice day in between. makes sense to me. 
    In this case they have to.  2500 miles.  Theyd all be jetlagged.

This is the furthest the two teams competing have been apart.
  • Options
    They set the Cup schedule before they even know who was playing.  Guessing they were just scheduling around the NBA Finals.  Feels like NHL always does just 1 day between games.