Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,733
    Coilers are rollllin. 

Soft schedule but they are taking advantage of it. 

12 in a row now. Tied for the longest win streak by a Canadian team.
    "Lebron stat of the week" as the Kelces say.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    The record is 17 straight by the Pens I think. The Isles had 15 in a row when I was a kid. 

Looking at the Oilers schedule, it’s doable. And I hope by saying that they get blown out by Calgary in the outdoor game lol
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    Coilers are rollllin. 

Did you see this week's Lebron stat? 

He has played with or against 35% of all NBA players in league history. That's insane. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Coilers are rollllin. 

Did you see this week's Lebron stat? 

He has played with or against 35% of all NBA players in league history. That's insane. 
    Ha! Love it.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,657
    my VGK are up and down. Now, my boy Karlsson is out. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Coilers / Vag Knights will be a good first round matchup 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    iammine16 said:
    Well well, look who's in first place in the entire league. 
    As a Canucks fan, I am just fine with this. 
    Agreed. Few injuries piling up but definitely a stingy team. Helluva heater! Watched a game in Winnipeg last season just before Christmas, they were playing the Preds and won in overtime. 80% of the fans had Jets jerseys on. 

Completely off topic. shout out to the drivers of Winnipeg. The most courteous drivers of any city I’ve driven in North America. Really says a lot about the fine folks of Manitoba. 
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. our drivers are well known for their general assholery and inability to MERGE. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    iammine16 said:
    Agreed. Few injuries piling up but definitely a stingy team. Helluva heater! Watched a game in Winnipeg last season just before Christmas, they were playing the Preds and won in overtime. 80% of the fans had Jets jerseys on. 

Completely off topic. shout out to the drivers of Winnipeg. The most courteous drivers of any city I’ve driven in North America. Really says a lot about the fine folks of Manitoba. 
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. our drivers are well known for their general assholery and inability to MERGE. 
    I’ve only been there three times and it was in the late fall/winter each time. I found the majority of folks to be courteous drivers. A far cry from BC, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec for sure. Just my experience. 
  • Options
    iammine16 said:

I’ve only been there three times and it was in the late fall/winter each time. I found the majority of folks to be courteous drivers. A far cry from BC, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec for sure. Just my experience. 
    iammine16 said:

I see. I can see it being better in winter. drivers are better than they are during construction season (April-Nov). people are just assholes during that time. 

and full disclosure, I'm just bustin' balls here about the Jets. I'm a bandwaggoner at best. Since they came back in 2011, I've only been to 5 games or so. And two of those were free. I found out they were first in the league when someone at work mentioned it so I checked out a couple games on TSN. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    iammine16 said:

People in North American have largely turned into assholes. I hate to go all AMT in the AET, but I blame the right wing media…,getting people all angry and fired up over non-existent boogeymen. Do you have right wing media in canada?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    nothing even close to a mainstream juggernaut like you do down there. the "sun" publications in toronto and winnipeg are. and even those have turned more liberal over the years, from what I've heard. I stopped reading the WPG sun years ago as it was just trash. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    count your blessings, Hugh!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,224
    Patrick Roy returns to NHL to coach the Isles, that’s a stunner.
  • Options
    edited January 21
    Totally agree Wobs

on Halloween I saw 3 houses with that party’s signs up and they were all dark, no candy left out. 
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    Patrick Roy returns to NHL to coach the Isles, that’s a stunner.
    too bad his first game isn't against the Canadiens. His first road game in that job is in Montreal though.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Nucks beat the Leats. It’s a good day. 
  • Options
    VGK saved the day, after heartbreak losses by the Jazz and Pack.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I’m heading to Vagus on March 7th for a few days. Going to grab tickets for the Nucks/Nighties. 
    Heard it’s a helluva good time at T-Mobile Arena. Looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    I’m heading to Vagus on March 7th for a few days. Going to grab tickets for the Nucks/Nighties. 
    it should be.

beers are $18, though.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798
    Wobbie said:
    it should be.

beers are $18, though.
    It's in Vegas, money is pretend and even if not you can get free beers before
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited January 21
    Ridiculous. I don’t drink much at all anymore, and never at sporting events or concerts. If more people spoke with their wallets and simply refused to pay those prices, they would come down. Having said that, a main problem is, so many seats are corporately owned and all the booze purchased is a tax write off for entertainment that the average fan gets dry-fisted. 

I’ve been learning a lot about the effects of alcohol on humans at the physiological level, and science is revealing that isn’t good. I’m trying to age gracefully lol. 
  • Options
    Ridiculous. I don’t drink much at all anymore, and never at sporting events or concerts. If more people spoke with their wallets and simply refused to pay those prices, they would come down. Having said that, a main problem is, so many seats are corporately owned and all the booze purchased is a tax write off for entertainment that the average fan gets dry-fisted. 

I’ve been learning a lot about the effects of alcohol on humans at the physiological level, and science is revealing that isn’t good. I’m trying to age gracefully lol. 
    I drank some non-alcoholic beers during last night’s football game. Only problem is that they were literally 3x the cost of my usual swill. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,379
    I’m currently watching Jack Campbell make $5M to find his game in the AHL. 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798
    Soupy getting paid!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I drank some non-alcoholic beers during last night’s football game. Only problem is that they were literally 3x the cost of my usual swill. :lol:
    if someone would come up with an actual decent tasting no booze beer, they'd make a fucking killing. it's all awful. I've tasted as many as I can find. they are all vomit inducing. I'd never have a booze beer again. But I love beer. what logical choice do I have?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Wobbie said:

if someone would come up with an actual decent tasting no booze beer, they'd make a fucking killing. it's all awful. I've tasted as many as I can find. they are all vomit inducing. I'd never have a booze beer again. But I love beer. what logical choice do I have?
    “boozer beer” is all this company makes. this one is good; I’d assume their others are decent, as well.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    ALL(v)IN.  Great trade. Cup or bust. LFG!!!! 

• Options
    ALL(v)IN.  Great trade. Cup or bust. LFG!!!! 

Good.  Take out Colorado and Boston on your way there.  

I think this is hte best chance in years for a Canadian cup.  Vancouver, Edmonton and Toronto all have a shot.  Although Toronto has to get more consistent.  
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,965
    NHL players to return to Olympics in 2026 and 2030 (sportsnet.ca)

Fucking right, it's about time to see what the USA's best can do.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    NHL players to return to Olympics in 2026 and 2030 (sportsnet.ca)

Fucking right, it's about time to see what the USA's best can do.
    Love it.  That hockey is just amazing.  Having all-stars at full effort, playing for their country, is something to behold.