Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,669
    ^^^ I like to locate my seat and relax for a bit. The concourse in the Rogers Arena love is pretty narrow. 
    Helluva game, thought the Nucks would pull it out but fell asleep after tying it for some reason. 

Kings are a juggernaut on the road. Crazy 
    NHL record for road start....11-0.
    +36 differential after 23 games
      Damn.
    Best start for franchise

Keep it up -- Go Kings Go!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,353
    Carts is a hero, forever.
    Love, 
    Los Angeles 

Word. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,669
    Tough B2B this weekend.  See if we can keep magic going on road.

That 70s Line was so much fun!
  • Options
    That mofo pest Anders Lee had two horribly dirty plays...one of which should have been am easy game misconduct....and scores two goals in the 3rd to tie.  
    Isles win on 1st shot in OT.

That was the 2nd game in a row that felt like a playoff atmosphere.   Nice game by both teams, although I hate it when the other team's pest gets the best of your favorite team.  
    Makes me miss the enforcers...who would have absolutely demolished Lee in old school hockey.  :lol:   I don't think the Kings have am enforcer...their so called 4th line is talented.

B2B vs Rangers tomorrow
      Go Kings Go
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,353
    Man, Kempe had the game on his stick. Oh well, still got a road point. I hope the Kings come back with Talbot tomorrow night. 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,149
    Hello..Caps fan here going back to 1986. 

I'm nhl obsessed 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,164
    Folks in VA are going to support the NHL?
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,544
    deb1211 said:
    Hello..Caps fan here going back to 1986. 

I'm nhl obsessed 
    They'll go wherever I imagine.

Back in the day the Capital Center was the Flyers' home away from home.

Is Ovi gonna break that goals record? I wouldn't mind seeing one of Wayne's records go down.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,702
    This is Potomac Yards. It's inside the beltway and basically DC. 

And for the record,  there are 3mm people in NOVA, only 800k in DC. 
  • Options
    The Caps have a respectable following since Ovi got there.  And VA hockey is getting better, probably a ways away from NHL-caliber but as mrussel said, lots of people up there, and maybe this'll help grow the sport.  Lemieux made Pittsburgh a hockey town, for example, though it took decades for the talent to get to where it's at now.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    The Caps have a respectable following since Ovi got there.  And VA hockey is getting better, probably a ways away from NHL-caliber but as mrussel said, lots of people up there, and maybe this'll help grow the sport.  Lemieux made Pittsburgh a hockey town, for example, though it took decades for the talent to get to where it's at now.  
    To be more clear, it's no difference from a fan base perspective.  The metro has lines going straight there and it's DC.  It's literally next Reagan National and a mile or two from the DC line.

The bigger question/change is what happens to downtown/Chinatown in the District.  That area was really healthy thanks to the Cap One center.  Certainly it will get concerts for some period of time, but that will wind down and events will migrate to Potomac Yard as it builds up.  I quite liked the area, there was good food and shopping, etc.  But it's going deteriorate now.  

Also, fuck the Caps and in particular, fuck that Putin-apologist.  
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    mrussel1 said:

thanks for saying that.

Im hoping against hope that he doesnt steal the goal record and bring it back for Putin's pride.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

thanks for saying that.

Im hoping against hope that he doesnt steal the goal record and bring it back for Putin's pride.
    To have someone like Ovechkin take the record from Wayne would be a real kick in the nuts.  I would not care about anyone else.. McDavid, Bedard, Syd, even another Russian like Kucherov.  At least Kuch isn't actually aligned with Putin.  He just (wisely) keeps his mouth shut about politics.  
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,480
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

thanks for saying that.

To have someone like Ovechkin take the record from Wayne would be a real kick in the nuts.  I would not care about anyone else.. McDavid, Bedard, Syd, even another Russian like Kucherov.  At least Kuch isn't actually aligned with Putin.  He just (wisely) keeps his mouth shut about politics.  
    I don't follow Hockey that much, like I use to, but I DO NOT want him to break Gretzky's record.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    To be more clear, it's no difference from a fan base perspective.  The metro has lines going straight there and it's DC.  It's literally next Reagan National and a mile or two from the DC line.

The bigger question/change is what happens to downtown/Chinatown in the District.  That area was really healthy thanks to the Cap One center.  Certainly it will get concerts for some period of time, but that will wind down and events will migrate to Potomac Yard as it builds up.  I quite liked the area, there was good food and shopping, etc.  But it's going deteriorate now.  

100% agreed, on all points.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Bobby Lou going up in the Nucks Ring of Honour tonight. Proper thing. Those were some good years with him between the pipes. 
    Best goalie in team history, but my favourite has always been Capt. Kirk. 

• Options
    Flyers are impressive. They make you work for every inch of the ice.  Torts has something cooking there. 
  • Options
    Flyers are impressive. They make you work for every inch of the ice.  Torts has something cooking there. 
    Torts has the ability to turn a shit team into strongly respectable.  The question is how long will it take, because his style wears on the veterans after a time.  There is only one coaching method. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Torts has the ability to turn a shit team into strongly respectable.  The question is how long will it take, because his style wears on the veterans after a time.  There is only one coaching method. 
    They don’t have a lot of veterans. Pretty young team overall I think. I’m sure his message gets old after a while, but they are working hard this season.  First time I watched them play was against the Nucks the other night and I have to tip my cap to them. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,992
    Although we can't seem to beat Seattle this year (lost to them twice already) :lol:
    Definitely the most improved team this year. If we make the playoffs i'll be a happy camper

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options
    Kings went in the fucking tank the last 2 weeks.  So frustrating.  Need to get back on track
  • Options
    Lose in OT, again.  Fuck.

Worse, I flipped back on the Panthers broadcast....their announcers are easily in the bottom 2 or 3 in NHL.  So bad.  

Dammit.  Always fun to be on a tear, never fun to be on a rip.
  • Options

Worse, I flipped back on the Panthers broadcast....their announcers are easily in the bottom 2 or 3 in NHL.  So bad.  

Panteros announcers may be bad,  but the worst (and it’s not even close) is that guy in Boston. I’ll mute the game and watch in silence, and I’m not even joking. 

Pettersson - 3rd player in NHL history to have four straight game winning goals.  Two of them are Swedes… crazy
  • Options
    Haha
      I'm gonna have to refresh and watch a game there this week.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,544

What were you expecting?

I was surprised how bad the Celtics broadcasters were actually.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,935

Panteros announcers may be bad,  but the worst (and it’s not even close) is that guy in Boston. I’ll mute the game and watch in silence, and I’m not even joking. 

Pettersson - 3rd player in NHL history to have four straight game winning goals.  Two of them are Swedes… crazy
    Last night was my first time watching the Canucks this season, damn good team.  Hope they shake things up in the West come playoff time. 
  • Options

Last night was my first time watching the Canucks this season, damn good team.  Hope they shake things up in the West come playoff time. 
    We can only hope! 

Incidentally, it was my first time watching the Pens and I’m thinking Crosby is ageless. He put that team on his back. Truly one of the greatest hockey players of my lifetime. 
  • Options

What were you expecting?

I was surprised how bad the Celtics broadcasters were actually.
    I don't know.  I didn't expect the braying and hyperbole, and blatant homer shit.  Whiney, garbage.  I guess I understand they are marketing to what could be a high percentage of non traditional hockey fans, but that hasn't stopped other teams from fielding decent broadcast teams.  
    Oh well.  I know I won't be listening to that feed again.  As we know, the ESPN+ app makes selections wonky some times.
  • Options
    Not sure i kniw the current Celtics team.  Also, nobody could be as bad as Johnny Most.

(I'm also one of the rare people who found Vin Scully almost unlistenable for the last 20 or so years of his career.)