Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,871
    Well well, look who's in first place in the entire league. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,263
    Lose in OT, again.  Fuck.

Worse, I flipped back on the Panthers broadcast....their announcers are easily in the bottom 2 or 3 in NHL.  So bad.  

Dammit.  Always fun to be on a tear, never fun to be on a rip.
    What were you expecting?

I was surprised how bad the Celtics broadcasters were actually.
    Must have been a road game. They have a new play by play guy (Drew something) for road games, he's like 14. So far he kind of sucks.

Mike Gorman (been doing play by play sine the 80's) is retiring after this season and only doing home games this year. Gorman is excellent (was paired with Tommy Heinson for a lot of years), Brian Scalabrine on color is OK. Some nights he has some real good insight, other nights not so much. Definite homer though (not as big a homer as Heinson was, he was the ultimate homer).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 811
    As a Canucks fan, I am just fine with this. 
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    iammine16 said:
    As a Canucks fan, I am just fine with this. 
    Agreed. Few injuries piling up but definitely a stingy team. Helluva heater! Watched a game in Winnipeg last season just before Christmas, they were playing the Preds and won in overtime. 80% of the fans had Jets jerseys on. 

Completely off topic. shout out to the drivers of Winnipeg. The most courteous drivers of any city I’ve driven in North America. Really says a lot about the fine folks of Manitoba. 
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,353
    I actually don’t mind seeing this…for now. It’s nice to see somebody different doing well for a change. It bothers me a little bit because Gabe Vilardi was developed by the Kings and traded for what so far as I see as a bust in PL Dubois. We could have kept Vilardi for half of what PLD is costing us for the next  8 yrs. Best of luck to Iafallo and Kupari too. I enjoyed watching Kupari and Vilardi develop in Ontario in the A. I have had  a soft spot for the Jets since the me and my buddy were slamming beers in the Forum club with Teppo Numminen’s mom after the Kings blew a three goal lead in a 5-3 loss. Some things never change…

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,669
    I actually don’t mind seeing this…for now. It’s nice to see somebody different doing well for a change. It bothers me a little bit because Gabe Vilardi was developed by the Kings and traded for what so far as I see as a bust in PL Dubois. We could have kept Vilardi for half of what PLD is costing us for the next  8 yrs. Best of luck to Iafallo and Kupari too. I enjoyed watching Kupari and Vilardi develop in Ontario in the A. I have had  a soft spot for the Jets since the me and my buddy were slamming beers in the Forum club with Teppo Numminen’s mom after the Kings blew a three goal lead in a 5-3 loss. Some things never change…

Many slammed beers in the Forum Club back in the day.  The stories....the stories!!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,702
    If my team doesn't win it, I always root for a Canadian team.  I'd like to see Winnipeg get it together and make a serious run. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,669
    I also am rooting for a Canadian team to win Cup again, one day, if it can't be the team I root for.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,543
    I only root for the Canucks if they wear the greatest sports jerseys of all time - the 1994 unis. Those blue & white things with the dumb C are trash.

This Cutter Gauthier thing is a little too crazy. Let's move on - Drysdale looks like a stud. Go Flyers!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Yeah I read a bit and couldn't understand why the kid just decided he didn't want to play for the team that drafted him.  Guessing you dodged a nutter.
  • Options
    Yeah I read a bit and couldn't understand why the kid just decided he didn't want to play for the team that drafted him.  Guessing you dodged a nutter.
    He said he got "death threats" - if so they should be reported to law enforcement but let's not go taking him at his word, which doesn't seem worth much. Certainly seems better suited for the Anaheim "fanbase" than here.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 555
    Flyers fan should really be quiet, they seem to have forgotten how Lindros came to them
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    Lindros said it before the draft.
    I think that makes a pretty big difference.

• Options
    I only root for the Canucks if they wear the greatest sports jerseys of all time - the 1994 unis. Those blue & white things with the dumb C are trash.

This Cutter Gauthier thing is a little too crazy. Let's move on - Drysdale looks like a stud. Go Flyers!!!
    Agreed. Free the Skate!!!
  • Options
    edited January 13
    Nucks in a chippy one with their expansion cousins. The refs have done a decent job keeping a lid on this, it could have gotten out of hand. 
  • Options

Uh huh. And the Nordiques were an objective joke of an organization. As evidenced by their GM trading Lindros to 2 different teams. 

• Options
    edited January 14

Uh huh. And the Nordiques were an objective joke of an organization. As evidenced by their GM trading Lindros to 2 different teams. 
    Lindros didn’t want to play for the Nords because of the owner, Marcel Aubut. He knew of some things he didn’t like, but never spoke of it until later. Aubut was later accused of sexual harassment by a female colleague.  
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    edited January 14
    He did make this known before the draft, though.  (Only that he wouldn't play for them if picked.)

This is like Eli Manning or John Elway.
    If the team drafts st that point it is on them
    If the player decides after that he won't play for the team,  it is on the player.

F Cutter.
    *obviously death threats are unacceptable.   Can understand why the org would bash him, why the players would resent him,and why the fans would boo him
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    He did make this known before the draft, though.  (Only that he wouldn't play for them if picked.)

If the player decides after that he won't play for the team,  it is on the player.

F Cutter.
    *obviously death threats are unacceptable.   Can understand why the org would bash him, why the players would resent him,and why the fans would boo him
    He did, but all the reasons speculated (language, small market, etc.) were not factual, according to Lindros. 

As far as Cutter goes, something has happened, and we probably won’t know the full (or partial) extent until far later, such as Lindros. 
    The Flyers organization was very classy in trying to protect the kid, imo. 

People uttering death threats and shit, these are some people that need additional hobbies than watching professional sports. It’s adults playing a kids game, but some of these people treat their home team like some kind of gang-bullshit and these professional athletes are wearing their turf colours. 
  • Options

F Cutter.
    He did, but all the reasons speculated (language, small market, etc.) were not factual, according to Lindros. 

As far as Cutter goes, something has happened, and we probably won’t know the full (or partial) extent until far later, such as Lindros. 

People uttering death threats and shit, these are some people that need additional hobbies than watching professional sports. It’s adults playing a kids game, but some of these people treat their home team like some kind of gang-bullshit and these professional athletes are wearing their turf colours. 
    As soon as he was traded,  management made several comments about him publicly.  That wasn't professional. 
  • Options
    Well it would be harder to trade him if you share that you think he's a complete dope beforehand....
    :lol:   
    He just screwed them over.  I think he deserves criticism.
  • Options
    Well it would be harder to trade him if you share that you think he's a complete dope beforehand....
    :lol:   
    He just screwed them over.  I think he deserves criticism.
    If being unprofessional was the goal,, the new regime achieved it.  There's plenty of talk radio in Philly to handle the smears. 
  • Options
    Meh.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

F Cutter.

As soon as he was traded,  management made several comments about him publicly.  That wasn't professional. 
    They only said he didn’t want to play there. It’s a fair answer to a media question.  Tortorella wanted to talk about the player coming to the team. Makes sense to me. 

They were talking trade for a while previously, and it never leaked out (very unusual). That protected the kid. 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

F Cutter.

They only said he didn’t want to play there. It’s a fair answer to a media question.  Tortorella wanted to talk about the player coming to the team. Makes sense to me. 

They were talking trade for a while previously, and it never leaked out (very unusual). That protected the kid. 

It wasn't Torts. It was a front office guy.  I don't recall who.  But Torts is a pro.
  • Options
    edited January 15
    I only saw the comments of the GM Briere) and VP of Hockey Ops (Keith Jones) and all they said what he didn’t want to play there. Maybe somebody else said something. 
    I’ve already moved on to be honest. I think Philly won the trade. Top four RD are hard to find, throw in a second round pick which will be between 33-38. This for potential top-six left winger.  
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    I just searched some and I couldn't find anything unprofessional.  They said the kid wouldn't talk to them....changed his mind and wouldn't tell them why....the CEO something along the lines of the kid getting a loud reception when he visits,  in response to a question about that.
    Can't see anything newsworthy other than the kid's claims of social media threats.  These are awful, if true, but seem to happen to everyone in the public eye.  A sign of the Trump, err, times.  
    People are awful. 

I don't see what the Flyers did that was unprofessional.   The athlete is the one who acted wrongly here.  If there is a reason for it, share it.  Otherwise?  Wear it, kid.  Spend your money and enjoy your time in Anaheim.
  • Options
    Coilers are rollllin. 

Soft schedule but they are taking advantage of it. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,991
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,991
    Coilers are rollllin. 

Soft schedule but they are taking advantage of it. 

12 in a row now. Tied for the longest win streak by a Canadian team.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly