2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    i don't see how boston can beat pittsburgh ...

my prediction is LA in 7 and pittsbugh in 5

:fp: :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Both series are a big surprise ... lets see if Chicago can win 1 in LA.

Pittsburgh is just imploding ... it shouldn't have happened, they have enough leaders on that team.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    It would be nuts if the Bruins win the cup.....being down 3 goals with 10 minutes left in Game 7 vs Toronto and to win in OT :o

Thats the stuff of Legends

That would be the best thing a Leaf fan could talk about in the off season. If the Bruins won the cup, so could have we if we won game seven. That will be the rally cry for next year. They would probably say that this team was better then the 92 squad, cause they lost to the Kings who didn't win the cup. :? Live in Toronto long enough and this is what it comes to.

On to the both series: WTF!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• [quote="even flow - question mark

Based on wins the Ottawa goalie wasn't better, but if you watched the games, he by far out played the Pitt net minder. When you are standing in front of the target for three quality lines shooting at you, you will fall apart in a seven game series. Hell even Alfie knew that after game four.

By far my friends and I favourite name to have fun with was from Ottawa....Turris. Then we would fall into Pres Georgie Bush's accent and talk about how we can't have a turris win the battle. You are either with the Turris or us. :)

Pitt in six and LA in five.[/quote]

He faced 50 shots once in 5 games ... all other shot totals were under 40. It wasn't like that were ripping 50 shots at him every game.

He was terrible in that series ... and a lot of that had to do with Pittsburgh, but still not good.[/quote]

Different series but I bet that Pitt wished they had the Ottawa goalie! 8-)

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

[quote="even flow - question mark

Based on wins the Ottawa goalie wasn't better, but if you watched the games, he by far out played the Pitt net minder. When you are standing in front of the target for three quality lines shooting at you, you will fall apart in a seven game series. Hell even Alfie knew that after game four.

By far my friends and I favourite name to have fun with was from Ottawa....Turris. Then we would fall into Pres Georgie Bush's accent and talk about how we can't have a turris win the battle. You are either with the Turris or us. :)

Pitt in six and LA in five.

He faced 50 shots once in 5 games ... all other shot totals were under 40. It wasn't like that were ripping 50 shots at him every game.

He was terrible in that series ... and a lot of that had to do with Pittsburgh, but still not good.[/quote]

Different series but I bet that Pitt wished they had the Ottawa goalie! 8-)[/quote]

I do think goaltending is a big part of Pittsburgh's problem, but the B's have got into Pittsburgh head and scoring 1 goal at home in 2 games whether you have Roy, Brodeur or Anderson will not win you many games.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    3 of the next 4 games at home? we got this! :|:mrgreen:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    norm wrote:

we were down 2-0 in the first series, and we came back!

Nothing is over!

The Kings need to abandon defense, totally rely on Quick and just worry about scoring goals!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,790
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    norm wrote:

we were down 2-0 in the first series, and we came back!

Nothing is over!

The Kings need to abandon defense, totally rely on Quick and just worry about scoring goals!

ask Pittsburgh how that strategy is working for them :lol:

Lotta odd man rushes
  • Note to Jeff Carter: I don't know how long you have played hockey for, but, if you do indeed try to injure somebody by slashing at their hand in which is not gloved, you will receive some sort of punishment. Thus a nice highstick to you mouth. Idiot. If Keith sits for a game so should Carter for intent to injure.

Duncan Keith’s slash of Jeff Carter in Kings’ playoff win over Blackhawks being reviewed by NHL

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/20 ... y_nhl.html

He should have gotten 5 and a game. Hopefully the NHL gives him a game.

Note to Jeff Carter: I don't know how long you have played hockey for, but, if you do indeed try to injure somebody by slashing at their hand in which is not gloved, you will receive some sort of punishment. Thus a nice highstick to you mouth. Idiot. If Keith sits for a game so should Carter for intent to injure.

So how do justify a love tap to the hand (gloved or not), with a blatant slash to the face? If keith wanted to send a message he could have slashed his ankle. He should be suspended for at least a game.

Keith suspended 1 game ... I think the nhl got this one right :clap::clap:

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,790
    Great game....Rask was great
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    Dozed off during the last period and the first OT. :oops: Luckily woke up in the 2nd OT to see the game winning goal.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    Note to Jeff Carter: I don't know how long you have played hockey for, but, if you do indeed try to injure somebody by slashing at their hand in which is not gloved, you will receive some sort of punishment. Thus a nice highstick to you mouth. Idiot. If Keith sits for a game so should Carter for intent to injure.

So how do justify a love tap to the hand (gloved or not), with a blatant slash to the face? If keith wanted to send a message he could have slashed his ankle. He should be suspended for at least a game.

A love tap? When I played hockey any stick infraction was sure not a love tap. Especially one to a hand with no glove. Let you niece do to you bare hand what Carter did and tell me how you didn't think it hurt. I've broken somebody's wrist with a slash from somebody using their stick in the same, carefree, love tap style that Carter did. So in my eyes Carter is lucky he isn't missing an eye or some teeth. Twenty something stitches will make sure he will think about being a sneaky, dirty, fuckhead next time. TWO CENTS.

lukin2006 wrote:

A love tap? When I played hockey any stick infraction was sure not a love tap. Especially one to a hand with no glove. Let you niece do to you bare hand what Carter did and tell me how you didn't think it hurt. I've broken somebody's wrist with a slash from somebody using their stick in the same, carefree, love tap style that Carter did. So in my eyes Carter is lucky he isn't missing an eye or some teeth. Twenty something stitches will make sure he will think about being a sneaky, dirty, fuckhead next time. TWO CENTS.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I hate the Bruins, but I love watching the Penguins down in flames 0-3. Especially since they loaded up so much for this run. I a lot of ways, they remind me of the Flyers of 08-12.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I hate the Bruins, but I love watching the Penguins down in flames 0-3. Especially since they loaded up so much for this run. I a lot of ways, they remind me of the Flyers of 08-12.
    How did any Flyers team during that time period load up like this?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    I dont mean in the sense of adding pieces at the deadline.

I just mean a scary, deep lineup. A bit cheap/chippy. However, no support from goaltending. Couldnt get over the hump as it would eventually do them in.
    MayDay10 wrote:

I just mean a scary, deep lineup. A bit cheap/chippy. However, no support from goaltending. Couldnt get over the hump as it would eventually do them in.

Except Pittsburgh has already gotten over the hump ... they have already won the cup, they are like ever team since the lockout of 04/05 trying become the first team since the cap era to win a second cup ... obviously that will change this year.

And Fleury has a cup championship ... obviously something has gone wrong in his game, whether it's confidence or something he's not doing technically. Goaltending really was only an issue in game 2 in this series, only scoring 2 goals in 3 games with 2 former MVP's should be the concern. I'm also surprised that Iginla hasn't been moved to the Crosby line full-time ... thats a head scratcher.

lukin2006 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Except Pittsburgh has already gotten over the hump ....

Im not talking historically, Im talking about now. And who they remind Me of. It just seemed they were going to get bit at some juncture once we saw them in the Islanders series.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    and to think this team should have been out in the first round if not for the ultimate of choke jobs ... that's the nhl for ya ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    and to think this team should have been out in the first round if not for the ultimate of choke jobs ... that's the nhl for ya ...

...and when they won the cup a couple years ago they were close to gone in the first round as well.

I don't like the bruins, I however think they are a good blueprint for building teams in the salary cap era.

• polaris_x wrote:

Choke or one of the greatest comebacks in the NHL? ;)

When I think choke, I think of the Houston Oilers. The one you are talking about is just another A-Typical Leaf game/season/decade/(s).

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Greg Campbell is a tough mofo. :shock:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    sucks to see the KIngs take early leads in games 1 and 4, only to eventually lose both games.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    So much for that Powerhouse Penguin team.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,390
    :D:D:D:D:D

I'm so happy I won't have to hear any more play-by play .. minute-by-minute of Crosby now on CBC.

2 goals in 4 hours of hockey?
    WOW!!!! :shock:

The Leafs should of played the Pens in the first round.
    Boston Wow ... only giving up 2 goals in 4 games ...