2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Saw that Edler knee on knee hit on Staal ... Just terrible ... :nono: :nono:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Call this 'The Star-Mangled Banner' @ the memorial cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAEp4td22K0

:lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I can't believe that Ottawa was able to tie that game on a penalty kill with a minute to go.
    Jason P wrote:
    I can't believe that Ottawa was able to tie that game on a penalty kill with a minute to go.

If Malkin wasn't in a fog it wouldn't have been tied ... if he gave 70% of Crosby's effort they'd be up 3-0. However he did play well in the OT, I suspect because he knew he was lazy in his back check on that tie goal and he wanted nothing more than to be the hero. Also in that situation teams tend to play the PP differently, more like a defensive PP.

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

If Malkin wasn't in a fog it wouldn't have been tied ... if he gave 70% of Crosby's effort they'd be up 3-0. However he did play well in the OT, I suspect because he knew he was lazy in his back check on that tie goal and he wanted nothing more than to be the hero. Also in that situation teams tend to play the PP differently, more like a defensive PP.

Pens learned a hard lesson, sort of like in the NFL, all that the "prevent defense" does is prevent you from winning. That may have been the worst minute of Hockey they played all season. And it could be a game that changes the whole series around.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Pens learned a hard lesson, sort of like in the NFL, all that the "prevent defense" does is prevent you from winning. That may have been the worst minute of Hockey they played all season. And it could be a game that changes the whole series around.

probably not a bad thing to lose a game or 2 ... last thing they want to be doing is sitting for over a week.

lukin2006 wrote:

probably not a bad thing to lose a game or 2 ... last thing they want to be doing is sitting for over a week.

I meant more the way they lost it. Possibly could swing all the momentum to Ottawa.
    lukin2006 wrote:

I meant more the way they lost it. Possibly could swing all the momentum to Ottawa.

I'd be more concerned if they were being outplayed ... I thought yesterdays game was one of the better playoff games I've seen in 2013 and was far and away more exciting than what I saw of Chicago vs. Detroit ... I suspect many watching the Chicago vs. Detroit might have nodded off from time to time ;).

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'd be more concerned if they were being outplayed ... I thought yesterdays game was one of the better playoff games I've seen in 2013 and was far and away more exciting than what I saw of Chicago vs. Detroit ... I suspect many watching the Chicago vs. Detroit might have nodded off from time to time ;).

Agreed, I thought it was a great game to watch: intense, lots of chances by both sides, low scoring, 2OT...that's what playoff puck is all about.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    Time for the Pens to put the walrus to sleep!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    are the hawks done?
  • polaris_x wrote:
    are the hawks done?

Hell, yeah!

I who loves the Wings, did not pick nary a soul from their line up this year in any pool. Lose a few pools to have my team win the cup again. Nice! Although whoever gets through from LA/SJ should mop the floor with either Det or Chi.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

polaris_x wrote:
    are the hawks done?

I think so ... they really remind of Vancouver ... they seem to lack grit and Toews has really been unimpressive and especially that 2nd period yesterday.

I also don't think it's anything the wings have done special ... the hawks are just imploding. I look at Pittsburgh as an example ... I saw a lot of the analyst say Pittsburgh needs to do this and that to beat Ottawa and all Pittsburgh has done is play their game and they are being successful. The Hawks needed to play their game, which seems to be a speed game but does not seem to be using it.

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    come on hawks... you seriously can't expect to win the same amount of games this postseason as my rangers!? :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    are the hawks done?

Hell, yeah!

I who loves the Wings, did not pick nary a soul from their line up this year in any pool. Lose a few pools to have my team win the cup again. Nice! Although whoever gets through from LA/SJ should mop the floor with either Det or Chi.

I guess those 10-10:30 start times will be happening all over again ... I'm guessing the west was weaker this year and Chicago and Anaheim were over hyped, I really don't know who'll come from the west ... but Quick is on his game and that makes LA difficult. Very early in the NHL season Boston and Pittsburgh looked like the best teams to me so if they meet in the Eastern Final that will be a heck of a final. All Pittsburgh really need is steady goaltending and they'll be very tough to beat for anyone ... they look like a team with it all.

Toews has what 3 goals in his last 34 playoff games ... what a clutch player :lol::lol::lol:

Don Cherry on Jimmy Howard "the shots are in the bread basket, I could stop them, have to get the shots up or low for the rebounds".

Don Cherry on Chicago's hitting "20 hits, they have to hit more".

:lol::lol::lol:

polaris_x wrote:
    are the hawks done?

I'm very surprised this is going to a game 7.

That was quite an impressive 3rd by Chicago, they looked done in the 2nd, seemed like they had no life.

For sure momentum is now on Chicago's side ... I would think.

lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    are the hawks done?

That was quite an impressive 3rd by Chicago, they looked done in the 2nd, seemed like they had no life.

they clearly stepped up after crawford's soft goal ...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    polaris_x wrote:

Awful goal that Crawford gave up. No excuse for that one. Shocked how quickly they bounced back and took the lead in the 3rd...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    are the hawks done?

I agree terrible goal ... and he's our best hope for Olympic goaltending :shock: :shock:

lukin2006 wrote:
    I agree terrible goal ... and he's our best hope for Olympic goaltending :shock: :shock:

i would pick between mike smith, carey price and cam ward
    did not realize, but should LA and Chicago win, the final four will also be the last four winners of the cup.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    did not realize, but should LA and Chicago win, the final four will also be the last four winners of the cup.

Include Detroit and you have the last 5/6 teams left.
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i would pick between mike smith, carey price and cam ward

either way with those 4 where screwed goaltending wise ... here's hoping we have a solid defence that keeps the shot totals down, way down ... ;)

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'll miss Tort's press conferences.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    400x225

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    norm wrote:
    400x225

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

that was a ridiculous save. frantic last two minutes of the game... fun ending for a game 7.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    tonight i can enjoy a game 7 :D