Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    I know they're upset, and I like Sweden a lot, but part of me is happy that Lundqvist is done now and can focus on the Rangers. Same with one of my fantasy keepers lol
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

Canada vs Russia Saturday...doesn't get better than that.

Canada vs USA is, in the Finals, would've been better. For me anyway.

Since that's not happening, i hope it's Sweden-Canada in the Finals.

Lets go Sweden.
    I agree, but really Sweden...nah there boring hockey, however maybe the Sedins can get reacquainted with Brad Marchand again...
    Well, since my mom's maiden name is Lindstrom( Her Grandfather was born and raised in Sweden, before moving to the USA), so she has a lot of Swedish in her, so i obviously do too, i always root for Sweden if USA can't win.

But, yeah, Sweden can play some boring Hockey i must admit, but it works for them.
    Nice story ... truthfully I'd root for Sweden before the US, even Russia. But first Canada and Sweden must win their semi finals to have an Olympic rematch...been some good hockey.
    That's true(Sweden & Canada) have to win first their semi's.

But, what i don't understand: How come the Semi's aren't played on the same day/night? The winner of tomorrow night's semi gets one day less of rest. Afraid they won't sell out? Don't you think both games would sell out if played on the same day/night? Especially on a Saturday?
    Not sure why both semi finals aren't played on the same day. That was a bad Russia team that was kept in the game by great goaltending, but Crosby is showing why he is simply the worlds best player and what a job Toews did in shutting down Ovechkin...should be a good final.
    Yeah, Bobrovsky played great in goal for Russia, and you're right: if he doesn't keep Russia in the game Canada would've won by 4 or 5 goals, at least.

Man, SUCKS that Sweden is not in the Finals. Also sucks that Canada is not playing a REAL Country in the Finals. I'll watch it, but it just doesn't feel right that 2 Countries aren't competing for WORLD Cup Of Hockey. I would rather have some Countries like The Czech Republic play Finland in the Finals, then Team Europe. Team Europe?

I know i'm biased, and wanted Sweden to win, but should that OT goal counted? I know he didn't kick the puck, but i thought he turned his skate into the puck, but again i'm biased so maybe i'm way off base here.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

Canada vs Russia Saturday...doesn't get better than that.

Canada vs USA is, in the Finals, would've been better. For me anyway.

Since that's not happening, i hope it's Sweden-Canada in the Finals.

Lets go Sweden.
    I agree, but really Sweden...nah there boring hockey, however maybe the Sedins can get reacquainted with Brad Marchand again...
    Well, since my mom's maiden name is Lindstrom( Her Grandfather was born and raised in Sweden, before moving to the USA), so she has a lot of Swedish in her, so i obviously do too, i always root for Sweden if USA can't win.

But, yeah, Sweden can play some boring Hockey i must admit, but it works for them.
    Nice story ... truthfully I'd root for Sweden before the US, even Russia. But first Canada and Sweden must win their semi finals to have an Olympic rematch...been some good hockey.
    That's true(Sweden & Canada) have to win first their semi's.

But, what i don't understand: How come the Semi's aren't played on the same day/night? The winner of tomorrow night's semi gets one day less of rest. Afraid they won't sell out? Don't you think both games would sell out if played on the same day/night? Especially on a Saturday?
    Not sure why both semi finals aren't played on the same day. That was a bad Russia team that was kept in the game by great goaltending, but Crosby is showing why he is simply the worlds best player and what a job Toews did in shutting down Ovechkin...should be a good final.
    Yeah, Bobrovsky played great in goal for Russia, and you're right: if he doesn't keep Russia in the game Canada would've won by 4 or 5 goals, at least.

Man, SUCKS that Sweden is not in the Finals. Also sucks that Canada is not playing a REAL Country in the Finals. I'll watch it, but it just doesn't feel right that 2 Countries aren't competing for WORLD Cup Of Hockey. I would rather have some Countries like The Czech Republic play Finland in the Finals, then Team Europe. Team Europe?

I know i'm biased, and wanted Sweden to win, but should that OT goal counted? I know he didn't kick the puck, but i thought he turned his skate into the puck, but again i'm biased so maybe i'm way off base here.
    Instead Canada is playing multiple countries, lol. It's been good hockey, just doesn't match the intensity, interest level and prestige of being the Olympic champion.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

Well I didn't see that coming, team Europe upsetting Sweden, Europe vs Canada final...

Agreed. This is going to be a walk for Canada.
    It's going to take a collapse of team Canada or Halak will have to stand on his head. I doubt outside Canada there will be much interest in this final...been good hockey though.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Pretty easy win for Canada, and i don't think they really played that well.
  • Options
    cutz said:

I didn't think it was easy, team Europe made 2 big mistakes that cost them goals in the first period that lead to the 2-0 lead, I thought Europe played well, we didn't play as well as we can, as Don Cherry put it "we were a bit dopey". But give Europe there due, they were pretty good as well.

I do think we wrap this up Thursday and play a ton better.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... that game was boring as shit ... arena was dead ... horrible showcase game ... best thing that happened was doughty's hit in the 3rd ...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

I didn't think it was easy, team Europe made 2 big mistakes that cost them goals in the first period that lead to the 2-0 lead, I thought Europe played well, we didn't play as well as we can, as Don Cherry put it "we were a bit dopey". But give Europe there due, they were pretty good as well.

I do think we wrap this up Thursday and play a ton better.
    Yeah, "TEAM" Europe had some moments, but i really didn't think they could win even though the score was 2-1. Like i said, i didn't think Canada played well at all. Maybe because they knew they could turn it on any time they needed to, knowing they are better & would win, no matter what Europe did?
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

wow ... that game was boring as shit ... arena was dead ... horrible showcase game ... best thing that happened was doughty's hit in the 3rd ...

Were you at the game?

I watched on TV and felt the same way as you. Maybe because Canada is not playing against another Country? I know it's bought the excitement down for me for that reason. Hard to get into really, but i'll watch it anyway.
  • Options
    Canada is just too good and Team North America was a ton of fun: What we learned from the World Cup of Hockey

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nhl/canada-is-just-too-good-and-team-north-america-was-a-ton-of-fun-what-we-learned-from-the-world-cup-of-hockey

Hopefully Canada can wrap up this pathetic tournament tonight. Been some good hockey, but overall this tournament sucks and can not replace the intensity and excitement of Olympic hockey...hopefully the powers to be get it done and get the NHL players back to the Olympics

• Options
    cutz said:

polaris_x said:

Were you at the game?

I watched on TV and felt the same way as you. Maybe because Canada is not playing against another Country? I know it's bought the excitement down for me for that reason. Hard to get into really, but i'll watch it anyway.
    ya ... i was there ... no one could get a let's go canada chant going ... i was also at the semi and the building was rocking ...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    I was excited for the tourney but USA shitting the bed didn't help things.
    Gabby getting hurt playing for Team Europe doesn't help my favorite Kings either. :angry:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I was excited for the tourney but USA shitting the bed didn't help things.
    Gabby getting hurt playing for Team Europe doesn't help my favorite Kings either. :angry:

Yeah I agree the USA being a bust took the steam out of the tournament, I never counted on Sweden, Russia or Finland to provide us much competition...but I thought the US would, never thought team Europe vs Canada in the finals would happen, wrap this shifty tourney up tonight. If they do have the tournament in the future it should be spread out or moved to a new location...but hoping it gets scrapped and the powers to be realize that Olympic hockey with NHL players is the best hockey tournament.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    polaris_x said:

Bettman will still call it a success if he didn't have to pay for it. He claims all tickets were sold

If you can't get Canadians to show up, I think you've screwed the pooch.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I got the Team NA shirt that I wanted.....so that's good I guess.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

People are going to assume you are a neo nazi or pagan if you wear that in public! :smiley:

Illuminati!!! Get 'em!
  • Options
    And that's a wrap on the World Cup, not very entertaining, boring final..

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

I agree, and that's saying something even though Canada scored 2 late goals to win. Maybe if it was against a REAL Country it would be different?

Just curious , but what is the National Anthem for Team Europe & Team North America?

I prefer Country VS Country.
  • Options
    cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

I agree, and that's saying something even though Canada scored 2 late goals to win. Maybe if it was against a REAL Country it would be different?

Just curious , but what is the National Anthem for Team Europe & Team North America?

I agree, I just don't know if Europe was that good or if we played down to the competition, I will give team Europe credit that they kept the games close. I think country vs country is best as well. If this tourney were to move forward it needs some work. I still think Olympic hockey tournament is the better tournament...so we'll just wait and see. I noticed Betman wasn't there to hand out the trophy...even he had trouble watching that finals, hahaha.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    photo IMG_0331_zpsd2fkla96.jpg

photo IMG_0332_zpsxiipadgn.jpg
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• Options
  • Options
    ralph krueger should be an nhl coach
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Blue Jackets need a real coach. ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Cool, now we can get back to real hockey.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Jason P said:

People are going to assume you are a neo nazi or pagan if you wear that in public! :smiley:

Illuminati!!! Get 'em!
    I hope so!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

I agree, I just don't know if Europe was that good or if we played down to the competition, I will give team Europe credit that they kept the games close. I think country vs country is best as well. If this tourney were to move forward it needs some work. I still think Olympic hockey tournament is the better tournament...so we'll just wait and see. I noticed Betman wasn't there to hand out the trophy...even he had trouble watching that finals, hahaha.
    I too, think Olympic Hockey is better.

Can't wait for December 26th when the World JR. Championship starts. Where is that being played this year?
  • Options
    cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

Can't wait for December 26th when the World JR. Championship starts. Where is that being played this year?
    The World Junior Tournament, it's in Montreal and Toronto...

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

Okay, thanks.

When was the last time it was held in the USA? Well, at least it's in my Time Zone, so that's Kool.
  • Options
    cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

Okay, thanks.

When was the last time it was held in the USA? Well, at least it's in my Time Zone, so that's Kool.
    2011 in Buffalo and will be held again in the US in 2018 in Buffalo...

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

Okay, thanks.

2011 in Buffalo and will be held again in the US in 2018 in Buffalo...
    Buffalo? Hell, that's practically Canada>LOL>Probably be more Canadian fans then USA fans ther. I wish it was closer to me and played in NY & Philly. Thanks for the info.