Cana-DA-na-Dah!

Comments

• Tis unfortunate you had a bad experience, most Edmontonians are rather nice folk who like to go walking in the River Valley for fun lol. What part of the states are you from

We have many folks that come here from the East (especially Saskatchewan and Newfoundland) to work on the rigs.....they arent the creme of the crop half the time and usually the norm is that most are only required to have their fingers and toes and past some bs drug test.
    Edmontonans are really kind, harworking folk (we are the volunteer capital of Canada), a couple of yahoos shouldnt tarnish the City of Champions. If youre ever back here, pm me
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    He babbles on and asks me, "Are you a (insert racist derogatory term here)?" :o :shock: :| "Umm...no" I said. He keeps asking me "what" I am...so I tell him. Then he says, "OMG! I am (insert disgusting crude act here) in my pants right now!" :? :| Then he goes on about how he wants us to party with him and his friend.... :|

Next time, you should just say, "No, but my husband is!"
    #bonerkill
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:
    He babbles on and asks me, "Are you a (insert racist derogatory term here)?" :o :shock: :| "Umm...no" I said. He keeps asking me "what" I am...so I tell him. Then he says, "OMG! I am (insert disgusting crude act here) in my pants right now!" :? :| Then he goes on about how he wants us to party with him and his friend.... :|

Next time, you should just say, "No, but my husband is!"
    #bonerkill

:lol::lol::lol:

twisty got it! (essentially that scene in 'She's out of my league')
    polaris_x wrote:
    without knowing how she looks ... i'm guessing it was a "native" racial slur ...

and yes, polaris...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxoWto09Oyg

I wasn't really that shocked or offended, I got a good laugh (at him) about it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    RKCNDY wrote:
    What did RYEz call him? oh yeah a "Rig Rat" can I call him a 'rig rat fuck'?

It was actually "Rig Pig" but I really like Rig Rat Fuck. And there were many. No sir, you may not buy me a hot dog so you can watch me eat it. But I will gladly knee you in your hot dog if you don't shut the hell up and stop staring at my boobs. I had 6th row Mike's side for that show and there was a guy in front of me who literally watched my chest for over 50% of the show. I'm pretty sure Mike is much more interesting than my cleavage. :roll:

All that being said I'd go back in a heartbeat. :lol: Canada was fucking awesome.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • RYEzupSF wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

there was a guy in front of me who literally watched my chest for over 50% of the show. I'm pretty sure Mike is much more interesting than my cleavage.

i love mikey and all but....... :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I learned that Mr. Sub is the same thing as Subway and that Second Cup is the same thing as Starbucks and that Chapters is the same thing as Barnes and Noble.

I also learned that the noise at the Air Canada Centre for the Pearl Jam shows might be the loudest the building gets all year, at least according to the security guard I asked.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    And they were trying to ban people from drinking alcohol in the parking lots ... :lol:

Yeah, they attempted that at PJ20 too. They didn't stand a fucking chance. :lol::lol:

There was booze everywhere.

beer was allowed in the parking lots at pj20.

and so was alcoholic whipped cream in a can, apparently
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

It was actually "Rig Pig" but I really like Rig Rat Fuck. And there were many. No sir, you may not buy me a hot dog so you can watch me eat it. But I will gladly knee you in your hot dog if you don't shut the hell up and stop staring at my boobs. I had 6th row Mike's side for that show and there was a guy in front of me who literally watched my chest for over 50% of the show. I'm pretty sure Mike is much more interesting than my cleavage. :roll:

All that being said I'd go back in a heartbeat. :lol: Canada was fucking awesome.
    I dunno....u sort of like clevage at a show....i can hear mike
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

back.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

there was a guy in front of me who literally watched my chest for over 50% of the show. I'm pretty sure Mike is much more interesting than my cleavage.

boobs and mikey...best of both worlds! :lol::lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

boobs and mikey...best of both worlds! :lol::lol:

Is that why mike shoved a pick in my hand? I was wearing a low cut top...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

back.jpg

Sung to the tune of The Fixer
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Mike is much more interesting than my cleavage. :roll:

Well, I know that when Mike does the Evenflow jam, some people go for beer. He found an alternative, I guess. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Well, I know that when Mike does the Evenflow jam, some people go for beer. He found an alternative, I guess. :lol:

Good point. Plus I was jumping a lot. :lol:

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I learned that Mr. Sub is the same thing as Subway and that Second Cup is the same thing as Starbucks and that Chapters is the same thing as Barnes and Noble.

I also learned that the noise at the Air Canada Centre for the Pearl Jam shows might be the loudest the building gets all year, at least according to the security guard I asked.

except for the fact we have Subway and Starbucks here ... with Target moving in, i'm sure Barnes and Noble / Borders won't be too far behind ... :lol:

yeah ... torontonians are lame sports fans ... although, edmonton, calgary, winnipeg and montreal have very good fans ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    I learned that Mr. Sub is the same thing as Subway and that Second Cup is the same thing as Starbucks and that Chapters is the same thing as Barnes and Noble.

except for the fact we have Subway and Starbucks here ... with Target moving in, i'm sure Barnes and Noble / Borders won't be too far behind ... :lol:

yeah ... torontonians are lame sports fans ... although, edmonton, calgary, winnipeg and montreal have very good fans ...

doubt you get a borders...they went belly up
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RYEzupSF wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Fuck, I'm seriously slipping. I was 5th row Mike's side, and I didn't see any stare-worthy boobs behind me. Damnit.

Ugh, I should have spent more time here prior to the shows, but I have barely been around since Alpine.
    I didn't realize so many usernames I recognized would be at the shows in AB...not that I know many of you on a personal level...but it still would have been cool to meet some of you. I didnt' make either pre-party :( Was with my daughter in Calgary, and got hammered and stayed up till 5AM at the Mudhoney gig the night before the Edmonton show (yes, I met Ed!), and just couldn't get my ass down to the pre-party...tried to get into On the Rocks after the show and the line was too long so we left :(

As for Edmonton guys....we're not ALL (oil) rig pigs...but like Cree said, there are a lot of really crude, rough, blue-collar types around here. And yes, a good portion of them come from all over - not born and raised Edmontonians, so we get a bit of a bad rap cause of the crowd the oil industry attracts.....They work up north making big $, and stay in work camps with 95% men, for weeks on end...Then they come to Edmonton with their 5-figure paychecks, desperate to get laid and do as much blow as possible, while still acting like they're in a camp surrounded by like-minded guys...sorry you had a bad experience!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

and you're blaming the guy? ;)

I guess he could've done you a kindness and tried not to make it so obvious? Kind of hard when you have to turn completely around. I mean, you can only look for your "friend that went to get beers" for so long. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • polaris_x wrote:

I know that you have those there, but what would be the point of having them in Canada when I can get that anytime in the States. Actually my question about the noise was more based on the recent mediocrity of the Leafs, though it seemed like some I talked to said the fans in the building are mostly corporate types that create the quiet atmosphere in the arena.

I don't think Customs will let a bankrupt bookstore open up shop there, though.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    As for Edmonton guys....we're not ALL (oil) rig pigs...but like Cree said, there are a lot of really crude, rough, blue-collar types around here. And yes, a good portion of them come from all over - not born and raised Edmontonians, so we get a bit of a bad rap cause of the crowd the oil industry attracts.....They work up north making big $, and stay in work camps with 95% men, for weeks on end...Then they come to Edmonton with their 5-figure paychecks, desperate to get laid and do as much blow as possible, while still acting like they're in a camp surrounded by like-minded guys...sorry you had a bad experience!

Hookers and blow!!! ...I also met some super nice locals. All in all it was a great experience. And I just laughed about those dudes. Especially the hot dog guy. I wonder if ever gets anywhere with that line.
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

and you're blaming the guy? ;)

I guess he could've done you a kindness and tried not to make it so obvious? Kind of hard when you have to turn completely around. I mean, you can only look for your "friend that went to get beers" for so long. :lol:

Yeah. His friend didn't go get beers. They each had about 10 under their chairs at the beginning. Which helps to explain the blatant staring. ...I just hope I helped to make his concert experience everything he wanted it to be. 8-)

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I know that you have those there, but what would be the point of having them in Canada when I can get that anytime in the States. Actually my question about the noise was more based on the recent mediocrity of the Leafs, though it seemed like some I talked to said the fans in the building are mostly corporate types that create the quiet atmosphere in the arena.

I don't think Customs will let a bankrupt bookstore open up shop there, though.

did you get a tim's!? ... we are infiltrating the states with those ...

yeah ... i knew you were talking about the leafs hence why i said lame sports fans ... for sure, all the good seats are eaten up by corporate hosers ... real shit fans ... the folks up in the 300 are aces tho ... i had a guy asked me to sit down at a raptor playoff game before ... it was ridiculous ...
  • Tis unfortunate you had a bad experience, most Edmontonians are rather nice folk who like to go walking in the River Valley for fun lol. What part of the states are you from

We have many folks that come here from the East (especially Saskatchewan and Newfoundland) to work on the rigs.....they arent the creme of the crop half the time and usually the norm is that most are only required to have their fingers and toes and past some bs drug test.
    Edmontonans are really kind, harworking folk (we are the volunteer capital of Canada), a couple of yahoos shouldnt tarnish the City of Champions. If youre ever back here, pm me
    Funny, someone told me that Edmonton was the murder capital of Canada.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    RKCNDY wrote:
    He babbles on and asks me, "Are you a (insert racist derogatory term here)?" :o :shock: :| "Umm...no" I said. He keeps asking me "what" I am...so I tell him. Then he says, "OMG! I am (insert disgusting crude act here) in my pants right now!" :? :|

Ooh, I LOVE Mad Libs!

I'm going with:

He babbles on and asks me, "Are you a Golden Doodle?" :o :shock: :| "Umm...no" I said. He keeps asking me "what" I am...so I tell him. Then he says, "OMG! I am loudly chewing and snapping Wrigley's gum in my pants right now!"

Oh, and for those who haven't met RCKNDY _ she's Elvish and quite sensitive about it. You'd think she wouldn't be so guarded, what with the positive portrayal in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but there you go.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Oh, and for those who haven't met RCKNDY _ she's Elvish and quite sensitive about it. You'd think she wouldn't be so guarded, what with the positive portrayal in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but there you go.

Just don't piss her off or she'll get all Cate Blanchett on your ass.

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    RYEzupSF wrote:

Oh my God, the wafflemaker malfunctioned and ruined the perfect gridline in her waffle one morning at the hotel at Alpine, and she went all transparent and reveb-voiced. Stood on a chair and bellowed "ALL WILL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR."

I thought it was a little bit of an overreaction, to tell the truth.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    RYEzupSF wrote:

Oh my God, the wafflemaker malfunctioned and ruined the perfect gridline in her waffle one morning at the hotel at Alpine, and she went all transparent and reveb-voiced. Stood on a chair and bellowed "ALL WILL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR."

I thought it was a little bit of an overreaction, to tell the truth.

she really needs to get that under control. One of these days she is going to set something on fire.

• Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    Fuck, I'm seriously slipping. I was 5th row Mike's side, and I didn't see any stare-worthy boobs behind me. Damnit.

Ugh, I should have spent more time here prior to the shows, but I have barely been around since Alpine.
    I didn't realize so many usernames I recognized would be at the shows in AB...not that I know many of you on a personal level...but it still would have been cool to meet some of you. I didnt' make either pre-party :( Was with my daughter in Calgary, and got hammered and stayed up till 5AM at the Mudhoney gig the night before the Edmonton show (yes, I met Ed!), and just couldn't get my ass down to the pre-party...tried to get into On the Rocks after the show and the line was too long so we left :(

That's because I wasn't there.
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    she really needs to get that under control. One of these days she is going to set something on fire.

evil_4584.jpg
    norm wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

evil_4584.jpg

Looks about right.

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Tis unfortunate you had a bad experience, most Edmontonians are rather nice folk who like to go walking in the River Valley for fun lol. What part of the states are you from

Funny, someone told me that Edmonton was the murder capital of Canada.

The locals referred to it as Stab-onton. :?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez