Fans wearing sports jersey rules

13»

Comments

• JTH wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    Do you feel the same way about people here who reference PJ songs, lyrics, names of band members, etc. for their user IDs?

Not at all. Different things in my opinion. Now if someone went to a PJ show dressed exactly like Eddie or something, that might be along the same lines.

To me it would be like someone painting their car up to look like their favorite nascar driver's car.
    So because, IN YOUR OPINION, someone's trying to be something they're not, you think less of them?

How do you know what that someone's reasons for wearing the jersey are? Maybe it was a gift and the guy wearing it feels like a complete tool doing so but he's wearing it anyway because it makes the person/people who gave the gift happy to see him wearing it?

Yes, in my opinion... isn't that what these types of discussions are about? Everyone has different opinions. If you have a customized jersey and love the heck out of it, more power to you... but I don't like them.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Yes, in my opinion... isn't that what these types of discussions are about? Everyone has different opinions. If you have a customized jersey and love the heck out of it, more power to you... but I don't like them.
    See, that whole "more power to you" thing kind of contradicts what you said earlier.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    JTH wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    Do you feel the same way about people here who reference PJ songs, lyrics, names of band members, etc. for their user IDs?

Not at all. Different things in my opinion. Now if someone went to a PJ show dressed exactly like Eddie or something, that might be along the same lines.

To me it would be like someone painting their car up to look like their favorite nascar driver's car.
    So because, IN YOUR OPINION, someone's trying to be something they're not, you think less of them?

How do you know what that someone's reasons for wearing the jersey are? Maybe it was a gift and the guy wearing it feels like a complete tool doing so but he's wearing it anyway because it makes the person/people who gave the gift happy to see him wearing it?

so are you to say you never see someone wearing something and think they look stupid wearing it? i mean never? come on dude. everyone sees someone at some point wearing something where you think they look dumb or a like dbag. well some of us just happen to think that many who wear jerseys look like tools.
    pjhawks wrote:
    so are you to say you never see someone wearing something and think they look stupid wearing it? i mean never? come on dude. everyone sees someone at some point wearing something where you think they look dumb or a like dbag. well some of us just happen to think that many who wear jerseys look like tools.
    Well, sure. but thinking someone looks stupid and thinking less of them as a person are two completely different things.

But I dunno. Maybe I was just reading too much into what BRY wrote.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    chadwick wrote:

um... that's not what it means, mamasan23.
    i agree with, 81. it means she's a girl and likes girly type things. so she wears a pink bears jersey. which is bullshit because pink is only a color.

the pink jersey does not make her think or anyone else think that she knows a fucking thing about soccer. she's cute and in a pink jersey... that is it.

in most cases her bullshit b/f or husband likes the sport, she doesn't but she supports/celebrates so to speak with her dude by wearing a pink jersey.

Very true. What I should have said is that it just irritates me - in the same way that it irritates me when anyone that doesn't really care about the sport wears a jersey. I don't watch hockey, therefore you won't see me in a hockey jersey. Does that make me a football snob? Probably, but I can't help it :geek:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I don't watch hockey

do they play hockey in wisconsin?

do you have a milwaukee bucks jersey?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I don't watch hockey

I don't live in Wisconsin :?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I don't watch hockey

I don't live in Wisconsin :?

please report to the fraud thread and repent your packerfandom
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

please report to the fraud thread and repent your packerfandom

:lol: I'll bet you were just waiting for the right opportunity to get that one out there!
  • couldnt agree more!!

argentina-soccer-fan-hot-woman1.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    couldnt agree more!!

you have good taste sir.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    couldnt agree more!!

you have good taste sir.
    same the cameraman at Africa.. :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yTF-ED7-lE
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    rival. wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    But I totally agree about not getting your name on a jersey... when I see that, my opinion of the person wearing it instantly drops.
    Why?

I wouldn't put my name on a jersey, but I have no problem with people who do. At least you know you won't be wearing the jersey of someone who'll be playing for a different team 6 months down the road.

it's corny.

but might not be as bad as people buying cubs jerseys and getting vedder put on the back of it.

+1...That's just silly. If you're into the team enough to wear a jersey, there's surely a player you could support before something as random as a musician. I get that it started with EV wearing his Cub's jersey, but I've always thought of it as pretty ill advised.

I think the don't wear a shirt of the band you're seeing is the 2nd worst rule ever, next to pot being illegal.

I think it's pretty awesome at big sporting events when everybody in the stadium is wearing the same color. I wouldn't wear a jersey, but I don't think it's some big faux pas.

EDIT:....and Rick Reilly should really only be making rules on how to be a dumbass.
  • I don't have a problem with people wearing concert t-shirts of the band they're going to see. It's kind of cool to be traveling to a show and see other people wearing PJ shirts at McDonald's or something.

I generally don't have any issues with people wearing jerseys to games, either. The major sports pet peeve I have is the misuse of the pronoun "we". "Man, we really need to get this first down!" "We really need to work on picking up those blitzes." Unless you're on the team, on the coaching staff, or work for the team in some capacity, please do not use we.
    62698 E Troy, 81800 Indy, 42303 Champagne, 42503 Cleveland, 10204 Toledo, 10304 Grand Rapids, 91105 Kitchener, 51606 Chicago, 51706 Chicago, 62606 St. Paul, 8507 Chicago, 82109 Toronto, 82309 Chicago, 82409 Chicago, 5910 Cleveland, 9311 E Troy, 9411 E Troy, 91111 Toronto, 92112 Pensacola, 71913 Chicago, 101113 Pittsburgh, 101213 Buffalo UPCOMING: Cincy, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    drmrkelley wrote:
    I don't have a problem with people wearing concert t-shirts of the band they're going to see. It's kind of cool to be traveling to a show and see other people wearing PJ shirts at McDonald's or something.

I generally don't have any issues with people wearing jerseys to games, either. The major sports pet peeve I have is the misuse of the pronoun "we". "Man, we really need to get this first down!" "We really need to work on picking up those blitzes." Unless you're on the team, on the coaching staff, or work for the team in some capacity, please do not use we.
    what if my great grandpa coached the team in question?> is "we" appopriate?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    drmrkelley wrote:
    I don't have a problem with people wearing concert t-shirts of the band they're going to see. It's kind of cool to be traveling to a show and see other people wearing PJ shirts at McDonald's or something.

heres a little story for you dr:

back in the 90s rupert murdoch was bored and decided hed fuck with our rugby league competition. so he got in the ear of several of the established clubs and creatded new ones and called it super league. this did not go down well with the traditionalists who knew murdoch is a piece of shit and had zero interest in the sport of rugby league(or any sport for that matter) outside the buck he could make from it. there were casualities... several teams that shoudlve been supported by the rugby league themselves were not and they found themselves extinct or amalgamated with other clubs. one of the clubs that the league thought it a good idea to get rid of was the south sydney rabbitohs. the bunnies, as they are affectionately called, are the oldest club in the league and no club has won more premierships. they are a tough as nails club from a working class inner city area of sydney. to say they are not a glamour club is an understatement. anyways...
    ... when it was announced that the bunnies would no longer be a part of the league, all hell broke loose. their fans werent gonna take this lying down. it made zero sense to get rid of them. so the fans worked together, they got high profile fans of the club to speak for them and they took the league to court. yes, thats right, they got the law involved. and you know what happened???? the south sydney rabbitohs were bought by russell crowe(one of those high profile fans) and peter holmes a court and reinstated in the league. it was a glorious win for the league and as far as im concerned the greatest moment in sports fandom ever. so you tell me, when bunnies fans speak of their team, do you think its ridiculous they say 'we'... cause i sure as hell dont.

its a shame the fans of the teams that disappeared werent as proactive as souths fans... and i never understood why the didnt fight for their teams.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Man, check out this jamoke. Clearly, he thinks he's something he's not. Ha ha. What a jerk!

5lv1y0.png

He'd probably wear a PJ shirt to a PJ show, too.
    JTH wrote:
    Man, check out this jamoke. Clearly, he thinks he's something he's not. Ha ha. What a jerk!

5lv1y0.png

He'd probably wear a PJ shirt to a PJ show, too.

LOSER!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    drmrkelley wrote:

heres a little story for you dr:

back in the 90s rupert murdoch was bored and decided hed fuck with our rugby league competition. so he got in the ear of several of the established clubs and creatded new ones and called it super league. this did not go down well with the traditionalists who knew murdoch is a piece of shit and had zero interest in the sport of
    rugby league(or any sport for that matter) outside the buck he could make from it. there were casualities... several teams that shoudlve been supported by the rugby league themselves were not and they found
    themselves extinct or amalgamated with other clubs. one of the clubs that the league thought it a good idea to get rid of was the south sydney rabbitohs. the bunnies, as they are affectionately called, are the oldest club in the league and no club has won more premierships. they are a tough as nails club from a working class inner city area of sydney. to say they are not a glamour club is an understatement. anyways...
    ... when it was announced that the bunnies would no longer be a part of the league, all hell broke loose. their fans werent gonna take this lying down. it made zero sense to get rid of them. so the fans worked together, they got high profile fans of the club to speak for them and they took the league to court. yes, thats right, they got the law involved. and you know what happened???? the south sydney rabbitohs were bought by russell crowe(one of those high profile fans) and peter holmes a court and reinstated in the league. it was a glorious win for the league and as far as im concerned the greatest moment in sports fandom ever. so you tell me, when bunnies fans speak of their team, do you think its ridiculous they say 'we'... cause i sure as hell dont.

its a shame the fans of the teams that disappeared werent as proactive as souths fans... and i never understood why the didnt fight for their teams.

Sure was great and the game is better off with them in it. Shame the bears didn't do the same thing.... I miss them, I loved them and now I go for another team, but the bears were my first love.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Sure was great and the game is better off with them in it. Shame the bears didn't do the same thing.... I miss them, I loved them and now I go for another team, but the bears were my first love.

i miss the bears too. NSO is such a nice ground. and it has a killer centre. .. no one wantd to be tackled on that cricket pitch. it has always amazed me that a team like the sharks can continue to survive and yet norths and newtown bit the big one. it also saddens me that agreat club like the dragons felt the need to amalgamate with illawarra. as a souths fan it pains me a little to acknowledge that (growing up my father taught me well about who the enemy was ;) )... but you have to wonder when the 2nd greatest club in the league feels the need to merge a team who has achieved nothing much of anything.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i think it's kind of sad that people care this much about what other people wear :?
  • RW81233 wrote:
    i hate rules...or people who think so much of themselves that they create rules.
    I like rules,
    but this is the truth.

If it ain't offensive
    (ie. inappropriate words on the name bar)
    then who cares?

Ah, + to anyone who sports the number 69 on the back:
    HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!
    We get it, you're a terror in the sack- bravo!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I love my Peyton Hillis football jersey - too bad the Cleveland Browns suck as usual.... :evil:

p10411696p275w.jpg
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    seems appropriate to refer folks here:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&hilit=+fraud :thumbup:

as for jerseys....rick reily's a dope so i didn't read the article but according to juggler: only on game days, no putting your own name on the back or personalizing it, and if your of a certain age, i think only throw backs to players of your youth are most appropriate.
    www.myspace.com
    couldnt agree more!!

that is phenomenal! :clap:
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:
    Is wearing my stitched Mookie Blaylock Hawks jersey breaking "the rules"...if so which ones? And as I said before I hope I am breaking the rules of these blathering idiots who only think its uncool to wear band tshirts to shows because some movie told them so.

did you stone and andy wood wearing their cowboys parphenalia in pj20? you probably could have guessed what i was thinking at the time... :lol:
    www.myspace.com