rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
:lol:

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7008 ... rsey-rules

yup. most of these are pretty accurate :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    i hate rules...or people who think so much of themselves that they create rules.
  • rival. wrote:

I agree on most of these also, unless you're female. I think it's pretty hot to see a woman in a football jersey.
    62698 E Troy, 81800 Indy, 42303 Champagne, 42503 Cleveland, 10204 Toledo, 10304 Grand Rapids, 91105 Kitchener, 51606 Chicago, 51706 Chicago, 62606 St. Paul, 8507 Chicago, 82109 Toronto, 82309 Chicago, 82409 Chicago, 5910 Cleveland, 9311 E Troy, 9411 E Troy, 91111 Toronto, 92112 Pensacola, 71913 Chicago, 101113 Pittsburgh, 101213 Buffalo UPCOMING: Cincy, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    drmrkelley wrote:
    rival. wrote:

I agree on most of these also, unless you're female. I think it's pretty hot to see a woman in a football jersey.

yup spot on
  • RW81233 wrote:
    i hate rules...or people who think so much of themselves that they create rules.

I say the newest rule is no Sports Writer should have their picture for their online stories be of them in a suit. Please, you are a sports writer.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    drmrkelley wrote:
    rival. wrote:

agreed. and the lady's NHL jerseys are cute as hell. they are like cut and shaped tight/form fitting. looks good on the right girl.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Wow. really original, Rick Reilly. This is like the 17th set of "jersey rules" I've seen in the last year.

First off, fuck anyone who thinks they can tell me how I should dress.

Second, why would anyone listen to fashion rules set out by this guy?

rick-reilly-jimmer.jpg?w=300&h=225

rick-reilly-ed-hardy-kevin-durant-e1297392206120.jpg?w=204&h=260

rickreilly.jpg
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,764
    Not a Reilly fan but I agree. I would change the age rule to 7 though.

And if you have to wear a jersey why does it have to be so big? You look like a child when your shirt is down to your knees.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't see a problem with wearing a sports jersey or band shirt to concert.

i always thought jerseys were the top outfit for a sporting event....outside of basketball.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    drmrkelley wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Except for the pink jerseys - to me that's just ridiculous! It screams "yeah I know absolutely nothing about football, but I think by wearing this it will make me look like I do" UGH. But that's just my opinion :|
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    drmrkelley wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Except for the pink jerseys - to me that's just ridiculous! It screams "yeah I know absolutely nothing about football, but I think by wearing this it will make me look like I do" UGH. But that's just my opinion :|

i disagree....

i don't have a problem with a cute girl in a pink bears jersey....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JTH wrote:
    Wow. really original, Rick Reilly. This is like the 17th set of "jersey rules" I've seen in the last year.

First off, fuck anyone who thinks they can tell me how I should dress.

Second, why would anyone listen to fashion rules set out by this guy?

rick-reilly-jimmer.jpg?w=300&h=225

rick-reilly-ed-hardy-kevin-durant-e1297392206120.jpg?w=204&h=260

rickreilly.jpg

at a quick glance, his green hat looks like it has a PJ stickman on it ;)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    funny, as I was reading it made me think of a few threads here with people saying how wrong it was to wear a PJ shirt to a PJ concert. and then he actually has that in the article!

I know the article was done in humor, but I don't get it, fans of bands and teams like to get shirts, hats, scarves, etc. of bands and teams, I don't see whats wrong with wearing them.
  • I could really care less what people wear, but I never understood wearing a jersey unless you were at a game, watching a game at a party/bar, or playing the game.

I just never thought to myself, "Hey, I'm gonna go to the mall, let me throw on this Yzerman jersey."

But I totally agree about not getting your name on a jersey... when I see that, my opinion of the person wearing it instantly drops.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

i disagree....

Do me a favor - the next time you see one of those girls ask them to name just 3 players on the team. $20 says they'll say Urlacher, Cutler, and Sexy Rexy :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

i disagree....

Do me a favor - the next time you see one of those girls ask them to name just 3 players on the team. $20 says they'll say Urlacher, Cutler, and Sexy Rexy :lol:

i think it depends on the girl....there are alot of knowledgable sports gals around.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    funny, as I was reading it made me think of a few threads here with people saying how wrong it was to wear a PJ shirt to a PJ concert. and then he actually has that in the article!

I know the article was done in humor, but I don't get it, fans of bands and teams like to get shirts, hats, scarves, etc. of bands and teams, I don't see whats wrong with wearing them.

funny thing...gf was going to wear her beatles shirt to the mccartney show we attended. then one of her friends said you don't do that....so she wore something else. :roll: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I could really care less what people wear, but I never understood wearing a jersey unless you were at a game, watching a game at a party/bar, or playing the game.

I just never thought to myself, "Hey, I'm gonna go to the mall, let me throw on this Yzerman jersey."

we have a lot of jersey's in the office on fridays.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    But I totally agree about not getting your name on a jersey... when I see that, my opinion of the person wearing it instantly drops.
    Why?

I wouldn't put my name on a jersey, but I have no problem with people who do. At least you know you won't be wearing the jersey of someone who'll be playing for a different team 6 months down the road.
    JTH wrote:
    Why?

I wouldn't put my name on a jersey, but I have no problem with people who do. At least you know you won't be wearing the jersey of someone who'll be playing for a different team 6 months down the road.

it's corny.

but might not be as bad as people buying cubs jerseys and getting vedder put on the back of it.
    JTH wrote:
    Why?

i'm a little torn on this one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

funny thing...gf was going to wear her beatles shirt to the mccartney show we attended. then one of her friends said you don't do that....so she wore something else. :roll: :lol:

At Alpine, I wore a U2 shirt and my girlfriend wore her U2 hoody, and we got a few comments - some positive, some not so much. Music is a bit different, we are all fans of music. But nothing like wearing a Giants jersey to an Eagles game, that can be asking for real trouble.
    rival. wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    Why?

it's corny.

but might not be as bad as people buying cubs jerseys and getting vedder put on the back of it.

any idea what number Ed wears at cubs camp?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    At Alpine, I wore a U2 shirt and my girlfriend wore her U2 hoody, and we got a few comments - some positive, some not so much. Music is a bit different, we are all fans of music. But nothing like wearing a Giants jersey to an Eagles game, that can be asking for real trouble.

I don't get all the hate at a concert. at a sporting event i would expect a few heckles/trash talk, and i'm cool with that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

it's funny to have a double take at people who put their own name on their jerseys.

hmm.. was schwarzkopf some random 3rd liner on the rangers that this fan grew really attached to? or is their last name?

yeah... don't remember a scrappy schwarzkopf on any ranger team. it's this cornball's last name.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    "It's like going to a concert in the T-shirt of the band that's playing that night," says Ari Pillar, 29, who was wearing a simple, cool retro Giants T-shirt Monday night. "It's cooler to wear another band's T-shirt. But wearing a jersey of somebody you're watching? That's way high up the Dork Scale."

AGREED!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,764
    rival. wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    Why?

it's corny.

yeah, that's strange to me too.

i don't see why people wear the band shirt of the band they're seeing either. we're all fans of the band we're going to see. that's why were going to the show. you don't have to prove it any further than that.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

it's funny to have a double take at people who put their own name on their jerseys.

hmm.. was schwarzkopf some random 3rd liner on the rangers that this fan grew really attached to? or is their last name?

yeah... don't remember a scrappy schwarzkopf on any ranger team. it's this cornball's last name.

from what i can tell....number 1 :?:

http://www.image3100.com/Sports/Randly- ... B3vU-L.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    "It's like going to a concert in the T-shirt of the band that's playing that night," says Ari Pillar, 29, who was wearing a simple, cool retro Giants T-shirt Monday night. "It's cooler to wear another band's T-shirt. But wearing a jersey of somebody you're watching? That's way high up the Dork Scale."

AGREED!
    Who the fuck is Ari Pillar and why should we give a shit what he thinks?
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

AGREED!

by that math....shouldn't our friend Ari wear a jersey/shirt from a different team that isn't playing in the game he is attendeding?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg