breakfast...i am kicking your ass

12346»

Comments

• Get_Right wrote:
    breakfast tacos

scrambled eggs with turkey sausage, peppers, mushrooms and onions
    served in a corn tortilla with shredded cheddar, pico and a dash of hot sauce

that ass is kicked!

Oh...I basically made the exact same breakfast except mine was breakfast pizza....pretty much the same ingredients!! :)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,787
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    breakfast tacos

that ass is kicked!

Oh...I basically made the exact same breakfast except mine was breakfast pizza....pretty much the same ingredients!! :)
    Great minds think alike! :D
    I make it almost every weekend
    sometimes I make it flat when I am in the mood for eggs over easy
    siracha, lime pickled onions and cilantro make an appearance now and then as well
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mca47 wrote:
    I can't stand breakfast.
    Never been a fan.

I understand it's importance so I'll usually eat something despite not being hungry in the morning...but I don't get breakfast food.
    Give me a cup of coffee and I'll wait for lunch. :D
    when i drink coffee on a empty stomach (after sleeping all night & not have eaten in like 10-12 hrs) it hurts. that acid in coffee or whatever it is eats up my gut

you, gut of steel
    me, gut of dandelion
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    breakfast tacos

that ass is kicked!

spectacular, the both of you

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,631
    chadwick wrote:
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    breakfast tacos

that ass is kicked!

spectacular, the both of you

My wife would love to have breakfast with you folks. She likes breakfast tacos, left over pizza, burritos, anything like that. Not me, man. I'm a breakfast purist. :lol:

No, for me its any or all of the following: pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs, toast, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, hash browns, and once in a long while maybe a little bacon or sausage. Well, maybe not all at the same time. :lol:

In any case, breakfast rules... any time of the day!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

oatmeal w/ raisins, cinnamon, honey, brown sugar & maybe a bit butter
    not all those things at once but you get the idea

i been having cheerios a lot lately but recently haven't... say what? :crazy:

bagels w/ cream cheese... stfu

08068.jpg

sometimes i'll dip bagel into oatmeal. yes that is a rare moment & a lot of grains going on but so good. & the crumbs everywhere remind me of some of my very close friends on here. i love you guys. next time we go to a show i'm bringing everything bagels & cream cheese for the car road trip & for eating in our shared bed. nuttin like everything bagel crumbs, cream cheese spread & sharing a bed w/ three grown ass men & 2/3 of them are drunk as frig

:lol:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    chadwick wrote:
    oatmeal w/ raisins, cinnamon, honey, brown sugar & maybe a bit butter
    not all those things at once but you get the idea

i been having cheerios a lot lately but recently haven't... say what? :crazy:

bagels w/ cream cheese... stfu

08068.jpg

sometimes i'll dip bagel into oatmeal. yes that is a rare moment & a lot of grains going on but so good. & the crumbs everywhere remind me of some of my very close friends on here. i love you guys. next time we go to a show i'm bringing everything bagels & cream cheese for the car road trip & for eating in our shared bed. nuttin like everything bagel crumbs, cream cheese spread & sharing a bed w/ three grown ass men & 2/3 of them are drunk as frig

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    not sure about what I'm eating....but going to DD and getting my free iced coffee today! I love this punch card, free coffee every Monday until the end of November!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • My kids' first day back at school after 2 weeks holidays so... cafe poached eggs (lots of salt) on sourdough toast with a cappucino and Rolling Stone mag BLISS! :D
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    edited September 2014
    In response to a request in a different thread for some yummy French toast.... Here's my recipe for one of the best baked French toast I've ever had. It's definitely reserved for special occasions and will definitely kick breakfast's ass! :)

1 (large) loaf cinnamon raisin bread, cubed
    8 oz cream cheese, cubed
    1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    10 eggs
    1/2 cup maple syrup

Layer 1/2 of the bread cubes in 9x13 buttered pan. Layer the cubed cream cheese. Top with the rest of the bread cubes. Mix together the rest of the ingredients. Pour over the bread and cream cheese cubes. Cover tightly and refrigerate over night if possible. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered and then uncover and bake 15 to 20 minutes more until set in the middle and browned on top. Serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar and strawberries.

Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2