breakfast...i am kicking your ass

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Ah breakfast.. when I used to ride the strimm lines on ranches my favorite breakfast to make was Bisquits, eggs with hash and pan potatoes ( fried potatoes basically, but add onions, bell peppers and olives ) with pup-cakes, ( cornbread pancakes, with grits in the middle fried in sweet-maple bacon grease super super yummilicious!!) all cooked over fire hot rocks, and then with perked coffee, and maple sugar with butter cream, yumminess!!! oh good god, now I gotta go make something to eat!! See what you started Chadwick!!

you carried all THAT in your saddle bags? geez :o
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    StillHere wrote:
    Ah breakfast.. when I used to ride the strimm lines on ranches my favorite breakfast to make was Bisquits, eggs with hash and pan potatoes ( fried potatoes basically, but add onions, bell peppers and olives ) with pup-cakes, ( cornbread pancakes, with grits in the middle fried in sweet-maple bacon grease super super yummilicious!!) all cooked over fire hot rocks, and then with perked coffee, and maple sugar with butter cream, yumminess!!! oh good god, now I gotta go make something to eat!! See what you started Chadwick!!

:lol: that mug is prepared, captial P!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    voidofman wrote:
    I'm not a morning person, if I ever make breakfast it's because I was up all night. And I haven't done that for about a year when I was stung by a hornet at 5AM in the kitchen on my birthday.

Used to make a breakfast wrap with scrambled eggs, tater tots and ham or bacon so the wife could take it to work with her.

Haven't made french toast since, well, I can't remember the last time I made that, at least 5 or 6 years I guess.
    you are out of order, Mister
    your wife was pleased with her sack breakfastlunch, yes/no?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    as soon as my eyes open (or before) i am ready to grub. then i'm good most of the day. i am usually awake way before the sun is.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    chadwick wrote:
    Yes, just like just about everything I cook / make.
    voidofman wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    Yes, just like just about everything I cook / make.
    cooking is peaceful and brings folks together
    when it tastes good that's nice too ;)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    as soon as my eyes open (or before) i am ready to grub. then i'm good most of the day. i am usually awake way before the sun is.

i'm one of those people that can't eat at all in the morning...but i sure make up for it during the rest of the day
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    chadwick wrote:

I started cooking out of basic survival. My mom would burn hamburgers and they would still be raw in the middle. Don't like eating under-cooked chicken either.

The first time I made spaghetti they asked me how I made it so good, I told them that I drained the grease.
    StillHere wrote:
    i'm one of those people that can't eat at all in the morning...but i sure make up for it during the rest of the day

I was the same way, I had to wait a couple hours before I was hungry.
    edited September 2011
    voidofman wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I started cooking out of basic survival. My mom would burn hamburgers and they would still be raw in the middle. Don't like eating under-cooked chicken either.

The first time I made spaghetti they asked me how I made it so good, I told them that I drained the grease.
    that is some tale you tell, Sir.
    holy moly
    did you folks figure out to turn the heat down to about half of the fire?

i find people to be funny
    a great number of people can't cook and or are insane

my grandpa (dad's dad) ate fucked up shit in the south pacific (wwII) islands. insects, snakes, and monkies.the u.s. government dropped em off on those islands with little to no food. this happened all the time.
    grandpa couldn't cook worth a darn. he could grill meat, that's it.

if ya spent the night you were in for a bullshit breakfast that he thought was edible. raw eggs. 30 seconds each side to him was considered done. i would puke up breakfast in the john. funny thing is i'd go from kitchen table to the john, back to eat raw eggs and shit, excuse myself again, eggs in mouth and in gut both, get up and vomit up that shit some more until breakfast was in the shitter.

funny thing is that was how he always cooked eggs. dad would tell us horror stories on this stuff. grandpa used a sand hour glass timer to be exact.

his favorite breakfast being hamburger and eggs mixed together, eggs being liquid warmth washed over ground up meat shit
    now tell me war makes people sane, yes/no?
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    voidofman wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

holy moly

:lol::lol: OMG
    peace,
    jo

chadwick wrote:

holy moly

My dad is so nice, she makes cookies and burns them too, he says, "that's the way I like them," with a smile.
    pizza is the best breakfast going
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    pizza is the best breakfast going

Completely agree.
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Wow, I had no idea breakfast was so badass. Good thing you told me otherwise I would have had no idea..
    Maybe I'll start eating a little earlier rather than waiting until brunch. Thanks for tip.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Damn, Chadwick - I can see why you learned cooking. And I totally understand. While my mother cooked edible food, she'd boil canned green beans for like a half hour. ergh. So once I began cooking I learned about many delicious items that I'd thought I'd hated because of bad cooking.

One of our favorite things is to cook Sunday morning brunch - we only do it 3-4 times a year, but it is awesome when we do. We have homefries, garlic/jalapeno grits, maybe some muffins, fruit salad, pancakes (yeah its pretty much a carb. feast) and since I'm vegan, I also do up some scrambled tofu, and some tempeh bacon. And maple syrup pretty much on everything. Damn. I'm away for work this weekend. But yeah, we're set till dinner with that brunch.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    We went out for a dinner breakfast...mmm m; good
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    chadwick wrote:
    breakfast kicks tail. this is my favorite time of day. i do not play games with cooking breakfast. serious business equates morning grub. not fucking around is happening in the smaller hours of the day in the kitchen. it doesn't have to be out of control elaberate. in some cases i don't have to eat the rest of the day.

anyone else comin over? what do you like in your mouth?

you, sir, are a great american.

breakfast RULES.
    www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    ronswansonbfast.jpg
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwick wrote:
    what the? that sounds badass. who are you?
    Oh TRUST.. it is Bad ass.. wanna know what we had for lunch?? LMAO.. I was the only "cookie" and outrider a good ranch could find, was pretty cool.. totally nailed two jobs in one trip, and still out rode and ran most of the cattle on a good day.. needless to say.. I used to sleep then.. I miss that job.. too bad I have an 8 inch plate across my right hip.. .. but I can still cook over hot rocks..
  • StillHere wrote:

Nope.. cookie wagon.. they met us in halves.. left camp after breakfast, met us half out for lunch then set up camp for us by dusk.. ( Just in case anyone wants to try this.. NEVER move your cattle at night unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary.. they scatter mercilessly, and run into shit.. A night-time stampede is scary, cause they can't see SHIT at night..)I rode outrider just behind the cookie wagons, along the brushlines..
    ham steak, sauteed mushroom slices/onion slices/green & red pepper slices with scrambled up eggs poured over sauteed mix, topped with grated colby jack cheese...add bagel & coffee
    bagel had homemade apple butter on it.

my day is kicking ass quite nicely
    thank you :mrgreen:

anyone else doin something this morning?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    ham steak, sauteed mushroom slices/onion slices/green & red pepper slices with scrambled up eggs poured over sauteed mix, topped with grated colby jack cheese...add bagel & coffee

That sounds delicious! you're quite motivated. I'm still on coffee. :lol:

If StillHere is around... last night whilst lying in bed awaiting the sandman, I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives (wonderfully hypnotic and lulls me to sleep)--and guess what?!?!?!? They featured Scrapple!!! I was like, woah. Trippy. Now I am fully educated on it. :D
    StillHere wrote:

Nope.. cookie wagon.. they met us in halves.. left camp after breakfast, met us half out for lunch then set up camp for us by dusk.. ( Just in case anyone wants to try this.. NEVER move your cattle at night unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary.. they scatter mercilessly, and run into shit.. A night-time stampede is scary, cause they can't see SHIT at night..)I rode outrider just behind the cookie wagons, along the brushlines..

awww...it was much more romantic when you carried it all in your saddle bags...built up a fire from tumbleweeds and scruff...rinsed out your cast iron skillet in the stream and scrounged you up some vittles real fresh-like
    peace,
    jo

EmBleve wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

If StillHere is around... last night whilst lying in bed awaiting the sandman, I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives (wonderfully hypnotic and lulls me to sleep)--and guess what?!?!?!? They featured Scrapple!!! I was like, woah. Trippy. Now I am fully educated on it. :D

very cool! i guess we rate round these parts :lol: too funny that it would come on now :D trippy indeed!
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

very cool! i guess we rate round these parts :lol: too funny that it would come on now :D trippy indeed!
    :wave: I know! I couldn't get over it!! I made a mental note 'must get on forum to breakfast thread in am and tell her'. :lol: Love it when things like that happen.
    chadwick wrote:

mmmm sounds delicious..i think i'm coming over to your place for breakfast
    peace,
    jo

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I took my kids to Cracker Barrell this morning.... great breakfast and no kitchen clean up.... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    mikalina wrote:
    I took my kids to Cracker Barrell this morning.... great breakfast and no kitchen clean up.... :D

Cracker Barrel is always good for breakfast at any time of the day

went through the drive-through for egg mcmuffins and sausage egg biscuits today, yum
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

Cracker Barrel is always good for breakfast at any time of the day

went through the drive-through for egg mcmuffins and sausage egg biscuits today, yum

My minds not working today.... Barrel has only (1) L. And to think I had a great breakfast this morning. ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image