Options

Free PJ20 Movie Program!!! *WINNER*

thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
edited September 2011 in Lost Dogs
Hello everyone!

As most people I went and saw the PJ20 movie last night in Seattle and it was beyond amazing!!! When I was there I was able to snag an extra program that they were giving away. They are the size of a magazine and they feature interviews from each band member..they are really awesome! Now here is your chance to win one! If you saw the movie then reply in a comment how you thought of the movie....if you didn't see the movie then reply if or when you will see the movie. The contest will end on Friday the 23rd and I will draw the names from a hat at random....enjoy!!! :mrgreen:

Rico

So after numbering everybody and and choosing a random number the winner of the Free PJ20 Movie Program is none other then...

jdesantis1983

Thanks for entering every body and a new giveaway in a couple of days!!!! :mrgreen:
Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    I'm in! Loved the movie. The only thing that sucked was it had to end!
  • Options
    Thanks for the giveaway! Movie was great. Loved seeing the Temple of the Dog stuff in particular.
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    edited September 2011
    My favorite part is when Eddie is performing for Singles premiere and is so drunk slips and falls during song. On the whole, I loved it. Some things seemed repetitious though for seasoned fans.
    Post edited by PJArtist on
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    didnt see it :evil:

wife had to work ..and i couldnt leave the kids at home alone...or should i of.. :twisted:

would love to win this bud .. :D
  • Options
    Thanks for the opportunity. My favourite bit was either The Drummer story, loved the tounge-in-cheek aspect. Or, more so than that, was the footage from the Neil Young concert with Pearl Jam as his backing band in Dublin in 1995 because it was my very first time seeing Pearl Jam (minus Eddie of course) and there is a chance I can be seen. I'll have to wait for the DVD to find out!

J
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Options
    Would have loved to see the movie in the theater but there wasn't one close enough to go to. I'm waiting for the DVD. Thanks for the giveaway.
  • Options
    Did NOT see the movie....They didnt show it in my neck of the woods being in podunk and all...That said, I will see it when they dvd arrives at my doorstep! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Wow, wish they'd had those at all the screenings. Thought it was great, but about 10 hours too short. My fave part was Eddie and Chris wrestling during Hunger Strike.

Thanks for the chance, Rico. :D
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Thanks for the chance... since it sold out here I'm seeing it on the 24th via pay-per-view. That's right - pants off and no one can say a word about it unlike the normal theater! :lol:
  • Options
    The whole thing was amazing...especially enjoyed the footage of the crowed taking over Better Man, I was at the show! Thanks for doing this!
  • Options
    Saw the movie. Loved it! Stone looking for PJ memorabilia in his house was hilarious. This is an awesome giveaway. Hope I win. :D
    Randall's Island, NY 9/28/96
    Buffalo, NY 5/2/03
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/10
    Toronto, ON 9/11 & 9/12/11
    London, ON
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/13
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    I saw it but did it see any programs? :( wtf.

Lots of favorite parts but I like when Ed got pissed at the security guard and started singing breath all crazy behind his head :)

Great movie!!! :):)

Thanks rico!!!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Didn't get to see the film last night, was a bit skint so couldn't make it. It was either get a ticket for the film or get my bus pass for work. I didn't fancy walking 5 miles to work and back for a week :lol::lol::lol::lol: .

But I see the film the day its released on dvd. Or, with any luck a day or two before ;)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    edited September 2011
    MTV Singles Release Party! That was awesome. I remember seeing Singles in the theater my Freshman yr of college!

Remember those good ol' days Rico! ;)

Thanks for the Chance. Glad someone from the next generation has joined the ride!
    Post edited by stickman on
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Sweetness! thanks for the chance rico, I didn't have any showings anywhere near me so I didn't see it :( but I am hoping to watch it this friday on demand at my uncles house on his 48 inch sharp HD tv :D
  • Options
    top man rico, thanks for the chance :D

the film was awesome, loved every second of it

the best bit for me is where ed smiled at the camera at the interview with the lady at the start , dressed as a women but with a black tooth, marker pen ? :lol:
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Did not see. Wil be watching Saturday on Directv

Thanks for the chance
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    No showings within 3 hours of me. Hoping to catch it when I'm in Chicago for business 10/2-10/4, otherwise once DirecTV gets hooked up on Oct 11th. Otherwise when it's on PBS. Fahq! I don't want to want another day, let alone a month.
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    I loved it, loved the footages from the old days and the part when Stone was trying to find any memorabilia in his house

Thanks for the chance Rico!!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    I will be seeing it when it comes on PBS!!!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    Great movie, I'd have to say my favorite part was when Chris talked about how Mike plays the guitar. So true.
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    didn't see it...hope they show it on-demand. if not, i'll wait until it airs on PBS or the blu-ray arrives (whichever comes first!)

glad you had fun, Rico & thanks for the chance!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,752
    Thought it was excellent. Loved the footage of Neil Young at the RDS Dublin, because i was there.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,375
    Awesome. Thanks, Rico. They didn't have programs at my showing of it.

Loved the film and I thought that the Neil Young footage was great (hoping for a Mirrorball show to be released in the NYA V3) and I dug Ed's story about meeting Pete Townshend, how he was nervous and Pete says "I've been waiting for so long to meet you."
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,752
    That show which featured Neil young in Dublin was supposed to be released as a live album but somehow never got released. Fingers crossed it is part of the arhcives to be released
    Travelar wrote:
    Awesome. Thanks, Rico. They didn't have programs at my showing of it.

Loved the film and I thought that the Neil Young footage was great (hoping for a Mirrorball show to be released in the NYA V3) and I dug Ed's story about meeting Pete Townshend, how he was nervous and Pete says "I've been waiting for so long to meet you."
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Saw the movie last night... still reeling. I think I needed a warm bath to settle me down last night!!
    Inspiration burned within me and my husband and I got fired up about our creative future together.

But I didn't see any programs?! Would love to see it!
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    Thanks for the chance - no programs at my showings

Oh look, a Grammy!
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165
    Cameron Crowe has a knack for making movies that speak to music fans.

Although any really dedicated fan will find quibbles with it, it's a great film. As another fan commented, "It looked like they focused on the stuff casual fans would know about and I wish they would have gone more in depth about the songwriting struggle between Stone & Ed. Maybe this got cut and it's on the super duper extended director's first draft of the film. Also, the drummer stuff was a disservice and I felt it dissed Dave A pretty bad."

I agree with all of this. I was watching the film and I was so excited to see the shows I was at and to relive the memories, but I also couldn't stop thinking of things I would have also mentioned and speeches Eddie gave at shows that would have been relevant. Random things stuck out to me like, why take a tour of Stone's house if he doesn't keep memorabilia? I wanted to see Jeff's boxes!

I went with my fiance who has seen the band live 4 times and lately I've been watching her get addicted. For her, it was the perfect movie. She said she learned so much about the history, the tragedy, and the emotions she didn't realize. She said she understands the band and the songs much better now and that she is excited to get more into them.

She felt like she was learning about something new, while I felt like I was watching pieces of my life up there and it was not as detailed as I remembered it. But unless it was 4 hours and I was given the chance to edit it myself, how could I ever have been completely satisfied?

I am so appreciative to everyone involved in this film. It is a great keepsake.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    It was better than Cats, I loved it, can't wait for the musical :D
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Loved the show...Favorite part was when Stone was talking about Cornell and Ed doing Hungerstrike....Ed sings and Stone says..."We got a pretty fuckin' good singer too!"
    Awesome...
    Wanted to strangle Rooney though...Hate that guy!
    Thanks for the chance at the program...wish they had them at the Detroit showings.
    MLMF Det