Options

Instant Thoughts (add yours too if you like)

Comments

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    call it the fur on the stars up above

the more things I know
    the more you I love
  • Options
    JBiiJBii Lake Spivey Posts: 354
    edited May 2013
    This is one of my very favorite stories, the closing to a beautiful day and and even more beautiful thought.
    "Beauty is not only in the eye of the beholder it is in eyes without fear."
    Post edited by JBii on
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I think we need to liven this place up a bit. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    justam wrote:

With some P-O-E-T-R-Y ????

That would be great!!!!

I usually forget that i'm in the poetry and prose section anymore and think I'm in AET most of the time
    when i come here now.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    justam wrote:

That would be great!!!!

I usually forget that i'm in the poetry and prose section anymore and think I'm in AET most of the time
    when i come here now.

It's true. :geek:
    I don't know why we need yet another quote thread or word of the moment thread in here. :?
    I guess it's so everyone can participate?

It's kind of like the girlfriend who shakes a tambourine because she can't play any real instrument?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    justam wrote:

That would be great!!!!

when i come here now.

It's true. :geek:
    I don't know why we need yet another quote thread or word of the moment thread in here. :?
    I guess it's so everyone can participate?

It's kind of like the girlfriend who shakes a tambourine because she can't play any real instrument?
    That girlfriend is the hot one that's much appreciated by all :mrgreen:

maybe it's, what's it called writer's stall
  • Options
    JBii wrote:

Then you suddenly realize that she is playing on every song, even though you only need the tambourine on
    one or two songs, and she is making the rest of your lovely little setlist sound like complete shit and
    all of sudden her "hotness" isn't enough, then you go one thought further and realize, she was never really
    hot at all, she was just okay. She of course looked really good at first because she was the only chick on
    stage with a bunch of dudes so it was a nice little change. But by the second set of music, and little hot
    tambourine girl is still going to town on every song (and she is most likely out of time to boot) her hotness
    serioulsy begins to fade. It was good in the first few songs of the first set because it was something "different", but now you just want your old band back because they actually know how to play
    their instruments?
    Of course you try to be nice to her and throw her a few hints here and there like, "hey hot tambourine chick, you've been going at that tambourine pretty hard, I would hate for you to bruise your hot little hand, you should take a break".
    And again, of course, she don't take the hints and keeps hitting that motherfuckingshitsoundingtambourine even harder, and HARDER still.
    Then it just becomes awkward for everyone, and they just either slowly quit the band one by one, because
    the people that used to come see the band slowly stopped coming to the shows one by one.
    Next thing you know, your kick ass band is fucked, and it's just the one guy singing and playing guitar with his "hot" tambourine playing wife, and they are only playing for 2 people and an uninterested bartender and door man from then on, and the singer/guitar player realizes, his band was fine just the way it was!!!
    Now its destroyed all because the hot wife wouldn't put down that fucking tambourine and his "band" will
    never be the same?!?!

Kinda like that?

Then yes, I may agree.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    JBii wrote:

Then you suddenly realize that she is playing on every song, even though you only need the tambourine on
    one or two songs, and she is making the rest of your lovely little setlist sound like complete shit and
    all of sudden her "hotness" isn't enough, then you go one thought further and realize, she was never really
    hot at all, she was just okay. She of course looked really good at first because she was the only chick on
    stage with a bunch of dudes so it was a nice little change. But by the second set of music, and little hot
    tambourine girl is still going to town on every song (and she is most likely out of time to boot) her hotness
    serioulsy begins to fade. It was good in the first few songs of the first set because it was something "different", but now you just want your old band back because they actually know how to play
    their instruments?
    Of course you try to be nice to her and throw her a few hints here and there like, "hey hot tambourine chick, you've been going at that tambourine pretty hard, I would hate for you to bruise your hot little hand, you should take a break".
    And again, of course, she don't take the hints and keeps hitting that motherfuckingshitsoundingtambourine even harder, and HARDER still.
    Then it just becomes awkward for everyone, and they just either slowly quit the band one by one, because
    the people that used to come see the band slowly stopped coming to the shows one by one.
    Next thing you know, your kick ass band is fucked, and it's just the one guy singing and playing guitar with his "hot" tambourine playing wife, and they are only playing for 2 people and an uninterested bartender and door man from then on, and the singer/guitar player realizes, his band was fine just the way it was!!!
    Now its destroyed all because the hot wife wouldn't put down that fucking tambourine and his "band" will
    never be the same?!?!

Kinda like that?

Then yes, I may agree.
    Hey Wolf, must be a been there done that. Sorry dude how did we get to hot wife though that changes everything, the wife takes a lot of shit and giveth a lot of shit. Wife could be a bigger commitment than a band, if the guy is doing it right.
  • Options
    JBii wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    JBii wrote:

their instruments?
    never be the same?!?!

Kinda like that?

Then yes, I may agree.
    Hey Wolf, must be a been there done that. Sorry dude how did we get to hot wife though that changes everything, the wife takes a lot of shit and giveth a lot of shit. Wife could be a bigger commitment than a band, if the guy is doing it right.

Nope. I've always been smart enough to keep my personal relationships out of my bands.
    I got to the hot wife thing because that's usually what it is when you see a hot chick standing on the stage
    with a band playing a tambourine. She is usually with someone in the band, and they think it will be ''cute" if she were in the band too. Then they decide to have the tone deaf tambourine playing hot chick sing a song or two. Then she starts singing backup on everything and throwing the harmonies off.
    Seen it happen a thousand times
    And yes, the wife is a much bigger commitment than the band, but why does one have to go with the other?
    I don't know what your talking about "giving and taking shit" though. Sorry, you lost me there.

The point being.... this section of the board at one time was much different. I think most (poetry writing folk) would agree that this is not as much fun as it once was.

I thought justam's tambourine girl was a great analogy.
    I just continued on that since you seem to think the hot tambourine playing chick is more appreciated than the art itself.
    At least thats how it reads.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    JBii wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    [
    their instruments?
    never be the same?!?!

Kinda like that?

Then yes, I may agree.

Nope. I've always been smart enough to keep my personal relationships out of my bands.
    I got to the hot wife thing because that's usually what it is when you see a hot chick standing on the stage
    with a band playing a tambourine. She is usually with someone in the band, and they think it will be ''cute" if she were in the band too. Then they decide to have the tone deaf tambourine playing hot chick sing a song or two. Then she starts singing backup on everything and throwing the harmonies off.
    Seen it happen a thousand times
    And yes, the wife is a much bigger commitment than the band, but why does one have to go with the other?
    I don't know what your talking about "giving and taking shit" though. Sorry, you lost me there.

The point being.... this section of the board at one time was much different. I think most (poetry writing folk) would agree that this is not as much fun as it once was.

I thought justam's tambourine girl was a great analogy.
    I just continued on that since you seem to think the hot tambourine playing chick is more appreciated than the art itself.
    At least thats how it reads.
    I think what is important is everyone expresses themselves how they are comfortable. That might be with a tambourine played well or not. By a word shared or many words shared perfectly or not in poem form or not.
    Getting inside each others heads is what it is all about to me. Being new to this I'm seeing things pretty
    different than others, maybe.
  • Options
    JBii wrote:
    I think what is important is everyone expresses themselves how they are comfortable. That might be with a tambourine played well or not. By a word shared or many words shared perfectly or not in poem form or not.
    Getting inside each others heads is what it is all about to me. Being new to this I'm seeing things pretty

And that's fine, I have no problem getting into peoples heads?
    Again, the point is that there are the same threads in other sections of the board for these things.
    This section is for poetry, prose, and original music yeah?

when i log on here and see that someone else has posted in the poetry section i used to get excited!!!
    now, not so much because what was posted was probably not even poetry, prose, nor original music.

I've also noticed a lot of very talented writers no longer post here, and many have told me it's because of this.
    That is sad if you ask me. Why can't we just keep the poetry section for poetry?
    why is that so hard?
    I don't mind the instant thoughts thread because many of the thoughts are very poetic.

This VERY conversation we are having right now is what I'm talking about.... this would have NEVER
    taken place here in this thread a year or two ago.

That is my point.
    You and I are debating an analogy. We are not debating poetry, or even ones interpretation of a poem, but and analogy.

I'm not pointing you out, I've contributed as well. which makes me :fp:
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    JBii wrote:

And that's fine, I have no problem getting into peoples heads?
    Again, the point is that there are the same threads in other sections of the board for these things.
    This section is for poetry, prose, and original music yeah?

when i log on here and see that someone else has posted in the poetry section i used to get excited!!!
    now, not so much because what was posted was probably not even poetry, prose, nor original music.

I've also noticed a lot of very talented writers no longer post here, and many have told me it's because of this.
    That is sad if you ask me. Why can't we just keep the poetry section for poetry?
    why is that so hard?
    I don't mind the instant thoughts thread because many of the thoughts are very poetic.

This VERY conversation we are having right now is what I'm talking about.... this would have NEVER
    taken place here in this thread a year or two ago.

That is my point.
    You and I are debating an analogy. We are not debating poetry, or even ones interpretation of a poem, but and analogy.

I'm not pointing you out, I've contributed as well. which makes me :fp:
    I read through this thread too some is not poetry so this thread would be better elsewhere then?Can you move it? Or have the non poetry thoughts deleted?
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    JBii wrote:
    I read through this thread too some is not poetry so this thread would be better elsewhere then?Can you move it? Or have the non poetry thoughts deleted?
    who's thread is "instant thoughts?
    who's thread was instant threads number one?
    this is number two

the original instant thoughts thread is locked up tighter than the hubs of hell for this exact bullshit going on here & it thoroughly pissed me the fuck off & it hurt me. the original instant thoughts thread was constantly in the top few posts & forever lived on page one at the very top with a shit ton of pages to its entirety. i took pride in that exact fact. i chadwick take my writing extremely serious as it is who i am. i believe if one is a writer of poetry or any other writing form or even any art form it is to be taken seriously. yes comedy & light hearted shit is good.

do not get my poetry threads locked up or shit will hit the fan. i am as serious as a heart attack. now take the games elsewhere. here we write creatively on the fly. you are more than welcome to join us but do not screw my shit up.

thank you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    JBii wrote:
    this is number two

the original instant thoughts thread is locked up tighter than the hubs of hell for this exact bullshit going on here & it thoroughly pissed me the fuck off & it hurt me. the original instant thoughts thread was constantly in the top few posts & forever lived on page one at the very top with a shit ton of pages to its entirety. i took pride in that exact fact. i chadwick take my writing extremely serious as it is who i am. i believe if one is a writer of poetry or any other writing form or even any art form it is to be taken seriously. yes comedy & light hearted shit is good.

do not get my poetry threads locked up or shit will hit the fan. i am as serious as a heart attack. now take the games elsewhere. here we write creatively on the fly. you are more than welcome to join us but do not screw my shit up.

thank you
    I don't know about any of all that but isn't this someone else's thread? rollings? My questions to Wolf are innocent and were intended to see how he would handle the problem at hand. It sounds like there could be a way, maybe. I write poems to my girl often accompanied by stick figures for action. She saves them, has for 35 years. Poetry from the heart is cherished.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    simply, to everybody:

"Post your poetry/prose and your personal music links here."

so if its not strictly your poetry, or your prose, or a sample of your own music,
    (or a comment on somebody else's poetry, etc.),

there's literally hundreds of threads to post "what's on your mind" and otherwise in AET
  • Options
    when the first instant thoughts thread was created (which means I am the author, inventor & captain) it was awesome. it was later locked & it was enormous. rollings asked me if she could have my permission to reopen another & kat & sea already said I could but I was holding out because I was pissed off.

I gave rollings the ok to reopen what is originally my shit. don't fuck with it.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    JBii wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    JBii wrote:
    this is number two

thank you
    I don't know about any of all that but isn't this someone else's thread? rollings? My questions to Wolf are innocent and were intended to see how he would handle the problem at hand. It sounds like there could be a way, maybe. I write poems to my girl often accompanied by stick figures for action. She saves them, has for 35 years. Poetry from the heart is cherished.

Well I wouldn't handle it by getting someones thread closed.
    I'd like to think that by just bringing it up, that people would realize that we are not following what the thread, or even this section is meant for.
    I would really like to think that bringing it up a few times over the course of a few months would make people
    realize this.
    I would like to think even MORE that people would be mature enough to handle a damned message board
    without all the nonsense.
    I guess i just like to think a lot, because it sure hasn't been happening. :|

As I stated. In this thread, the non poetery aspect of it didnt bother me so much,.. because it usually seems
    to be a "stream of thought" that ultimatly leads to poetry in many cases.

Many of the poems i've posted have started with a random sentence floating in my head that i've posted here.
    Then it turns into something else.

I Just don't like having to search for the poems in the "poetry" section ya' know?

again, not directing this at you, but you are the one who replied to mine and justam's analogy.
    as if defending the non poetry posts here.
    whatever, it's all good.

that's why God invented PM's. Us poetry fans can just continue to PM our poems to each other instead of
    posting them out there like we all did at one time.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Was closed for review.

This forum is for poetry, prose and original content created by Pearl Jam's fans...not for other discussions. We have other forums for discussions. Go there please. Try AET.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    Was closed for review.

This forum is for poetry, prose and original content created by Pearl Jam's fans...not for other discussions. We have other forums for discussions. Go there please. Try AET.
    thank you for reopening.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    Was closed for review.

Thanks Kat.
    Have a great Holiday Weekend!!!
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    Was closed for review.

Thanks Kat.
    Have a great Holiday Weekend!!!
    what he says

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    being broke sucks
    then when the money starts
    rolling in
    there is relief
    being loveless sucks
    then when love reappears
    there is disbelief
    good grief
  • Options
    JBii wrote:
    being broke sucks
    rolling in
    there is relief
    being loveless sucks
    then when love reappears
    there is disbelief
    good grief
    now that is a neat little poem. nicely done.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    JBii wrote:
    being broke sucks
    rolling in
    there is relief
    being loveless sucks
    then when love reappears
    there is disbelief
    good grief
    now that is a neat little poem. nicely done.
    Thank you I take that to heart from a master poet. I for one would never mess with your Shit. Our Shit is too important to all of us.
  • Options
    Three days away
    Three days gone
    Three days off
    Work has become home
    Think i'd rather be there
    If not in her arms
    Three days away
    Three days gone
    Three days off
    Without her is like working fingers
    To the bone
    Three days of sun
    Three days alone
    Three days blown

The weather man claims
    I won't even have the rain
    To hide three days of pain
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    Three days away
    Three days gone
    Three days off
    Work has become home
    Think i'd rather be there
    If not in her arms
    Three days away
    Three days gone
    Three days off
    Without her is like working fingers
    To the bone
    Three days of sun
    Three days alone
    Three days blown

The weather man claims
    I won't even have the rain
    To hide three days of pain
    i sang this in my head as i read it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    There's this topic on my mind
    related to kindness and silence
    (not standing up for one's self/cheek-turning)
    and the validity of anger sometimes
    sometimes it IS the right response
    but how does one use it appropriately
    rather than with that blind red vision?!
    that sputtering, confused muttering/shouting?
    When I'm extremely mad,
    sometimes I just cry
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    There's this topic on my mind
    related to kindness and silence
    (not standing up for one's self/cheek-turning)
    and the validity of anger sometimes
    sometimes it IS the right response
    but how does one use it appropriately
    rather than with that blind red vision?!
    that sputtering, confused muttering/shouting?
    When I'm extremely mad,
    sometimes I just cry

Then just cry dear. I'm saying that because I've since learned, sometimes its better to cry from the hurt, than try to explain why it hurt you.
    Sometimes the response to why something hurt you; hurts even more.

I'm drunk though, and could very possibly be talking out of turn, or just out of my ass.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    (part I)... living is pain

spirits blowing through here like a dust storm
    a man within a top hat bows
    and serves up breakfast
    says it's good
    says it's all for me but to share