Options

**** Hamilton Fanviews Here 9/15/11 ****

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    ***Disclaimer: I know not everyone will agree with my opinions, and that's alright with me. That's the point of your own personal fanview. :D ***

That whole day, pre-party and all, was more than I hoped for. I have been following the band for 20 years and this was my very first show, ever. It was amazing to be in a place where almost everyone there felt the same as I do about Pearl Jam. This was my dream set list. Yes, every single song. Why? Simply because Pearl Jam was playing.

Given to Fly was the perfect song to open, in my opinion, as it represents where I am in my life now. As they played on, I was taken through a journey of my last 20 years. Oh, what an incredible two decades I have had! At times, I would look around the whole stadium soaking it in, wondering what those songs meant for each of those people. Did they have the same meaning as they do for me? Which moments where each of those songs tied to, for them? I find it incredible how a band can connect us that way.

I am sure many of you have heard "PJ saved my life". But, they really did save mine. It was 20 years ago this very month, that I was planning on "not sticking around". Sitting in my room, at 15, listening to the radio...waiting for the right moment...then Jeremy came on. That was it. Jeremy gave me a voice, which gave me the strength to pull through. So, for the last 20 years since then, whenever I have needed it, a Pearl Jam song finds it way to me, and helps me push through.

This moment in time has been burned into my soul, just like my wedding day and the birth of my child. I will relish it forever.

Thank you, Pearl Jam. JUST FOR BEING. That's been more than enough for me.

Gald you had a great time at your 1st PJ show, even better when they play most of yout favs. Its exactly how I felt after my first show in 05 after I had been following them from the very start as well. Now you go through the withdrawls of waiting for the next one :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,843
    4th and final Canadian show for me this year. What a set to finish my mini-tour with. Brain of J, Habit, Push Me Pull Me!!!

Thank you Canada, thank you to all the great people I met (Demitri, D's bro, Amanda x2, Hinn, all the people in Ottawa at the karioke) and thank you Pearl Jam! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Hamilton was again, a great show. The band really seemed to be having a great time on stage. It was a bit of an odd set list - Alive, Even Flow, Jeremy, Daughter and Betterman to satisfy those who aren't diehard fans... yet Push Me, Pull Me, U and Habit for those who are. And close to a 3 hr set, a great way to top off eastern Canada! Now the withdrawl begins, but hopefully with a new album in the works, it won't be too long before they're back. The band really seems to be in fine form on this tour... and the variety of songs in the set list is fantastic! I would have liked to have heard a few more Backspacer songs, as I really love that album, but really the mix of set lists has been incredible! Thanks Pearl Jam for an amazing tour, a fantastic 20 years... and an even better 20 to come! Hope all of you in the west enjoy the rest of the tour!
  • Options
    Lindsay wrote:
    Hamilton was again, a great show. The band really seemed to be having a great time on stage. It was a bit of an odd set list - Alive, Even Flow, Jeremy, Daughter and Betterman to satisfy those who aren't diehard fans... yet Push Me, Pull Me, U and Habit for those who are. And close to a 3 hr set, a great way to top off eastern Canada! Now the withdrawl begins, but hopefully with a new album in the works, it won't be too long before they're back. The band really seems to be in fine form on this tour... and the variety of songs in the set list is fantastic! I would have liked to have heard a few more Backspacer songs, as I really love that album, but really the mix of set lists has been incredible! Thanks Pearl Jam for an amazing tour, a fantastic 20 years... and an even better 20 to come! Hope all of you in the west enjoy the rest of the tour!

Quite a difference in the security between the TO and Hamilton shows eh? It seemed much more chill in the Hammer. You probably wouldn't have been booted in Hamilton.
  • Options
    Quite a difference in the security between the TO and Hamilton shows eh? It seemed much more chill in the Hammer. You probably wouldn't have been booted in Hamilton.

Oh for sure! Any other time, any other place... I wouldn't have been given the boot! It was a much more relaxed atmosphere in Hamilton - security certainly put a damper on Toronto 2...
  • Options
    Dark EnergyDark Energy Here Posts: 203
    Thank you 10C! Great seats... 5th row Dead Center!

Thanks to the guys for putting on such a great show with tremendous energy and a fantastic setlist. Show 17 for me and I can cross a few more songs off my "Seen played live " list.

Thank you to the Canadian people for being so gracious to a couple from Michigan.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i know that you diehards don't want to hear this but after attending as many shows as i have i must agree that alive ,jeremy,betterman and a bunch of the other hits need to go on hiatus. or i need to spread out my shows as don't like seeing the same songs played 2 and three times in one week. shows were all great but just like in 05 after 4 shows and seeing some songs 4 times i'm sorry for me it gets stale. that's why i don't go to other bands' shows more than once. if you went to the three shows around toronto and hamilton they may have played some great gems but could have easily changed things up more. no need to have a double ledbetter closer. but hamilton did themselves proud as the band fed off that energy to play the longest show in the area. loved the shows just hoped they would have called more audibles to really make these shows more memorable than they already were.
  • Options
    Unreal Show in the hammer. I don't get why some fans complain about them playing songs like alive, betterman etc every night. I've seen my fair share of shows but always go nuts when I hear alive. My cousin went to her first Pearl Jam show and was blown away, could you imagine if she went and they didn't play alive or any other popular song? She wouldn't be going pearl jam crazy now! haha Yes they cater to occasional fans but they also throw in some stuff for die-hards. I was blown away when they played habit.

I think this is what makes pearl jam so great. They just want everyone in that venue to have a damn good time. New or old fan. They also have the time of their lives too.

I'll never get sick of hearing the classics and I'm always excited to hear the songs they don't play often. Every time I see them live they just get better and better. There's no other band like them.

and brain of j! how unreal was that. Great great show!
  • Options
    toddclancy wrote:
    Unreal Show in the hammer. I don't get why some fans complain about them playing songs like alive, betterman etc every night. I've seen my fair share of shows but always go nuts when I hear alive. My cousin went to her first Pearl Jam show and was blown away, could you imagine if she went and they didn't play alive or any other popular song? She wouldn't be going pearl jam crazy now! haha Yes they cater to occasional fans but they also throw in some stuff for die-hards. I was blown away when they played habit.

I think this is what makes pearl jam so great. They just want everyone in that venue to have a damn good time. New or old fan. They also have the time of their lives too.

I'll never get sick of hearing the classics and I'm always excited to hear the songs they don't play often. Every time I see them live they just get better and better. There's no other band like them.

and brain of j! how unreal was that. Great great show!

I gave this some thought myself as I hate to complain about Pearl Jam EVER but since I too did get bored of the top played "hits" according to radio airplay. I complained slightly...sorry. However I am willing to listen to them again and again so that others that may have never seen them get to do so. Now after 20 years I think if you haven't seen them sorry, everyone has had ample opportunity. I also hate to wear any PJ song out.

Also us die hards think about time and the time it takes to play all those hits is valuable time they could be busting out AWESOME songs that have barely been played. Those rarely played songs are just as good, if not better than what the radio and MTV deemed "hits"
    For instance...take a song like "All Those Yesterdays" played only 13 times
    "Bee Girl" 12 times - Breath 63 times - Bugs 1 time - Come Back 30 times Footsteps - 79 times Hard to imagine 33 times - Leash 114 - Low Light - 33 - Man of the Hour 40 - No way 10 - Of the girl 39 - Pilate 19 -Red Mosquito 69 - Rival 20 - Smile 56 - W.M.A. 87 - You are 60 - Fatal 4 times ect. ect. ect.

There are a ton more...I could go on an on and if new fans never get to hear different songs they'll never know what they're missing.

This band is so much more than those staple songs. All those staples are great great songs but they are so overplayed they do need a rest. If you can rest Fatal and all the rest of those great songs you can rest the overplayed staples for awhile I'd think. Even Flow 677 times!

I'm not sure but I think....most of the people attending most of the PJ shows are regulars anyway and I myself have spent thousands of dollars to follow along on tours since 1994. (I'd hate to know how much) So far they have been worth every penny even with the staples included. This year the staples did start to get to me in Hamilton, the aggravation of the beer lines put me in a bad mood to begin with so I'm blaming that for my pissy attitude...lol cause the hits during PJ20 weekend and Toronto didn't bother me at all.

This is still the best band on the planet even if they play even flow tonight

well that's my 2 cents anyway...
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    toddclancytoddclancy Posts: 22
    edited September 2011
    I gave this some thought myself as I hate to complain about Pearl Jam EVER but since I too did get bored of the top played "hits" according to radio airplay. I complained slightly...sorry. However I am willing to listen to them again and again so that others that may have never seen them get to do so. Now after 20 years I think if you haven't seen them sorry, everyone has had ample opportunity. I also hate to wear any PJ song out.

Hey man don't be sorry! it's your opinion! I was just saying I personally don't get it. Also not everyone got into the band when they first started. Some people are still discovering them. Which as a fan makes me super happy. Also all the children of pearl jam fans should get a chance to see them play everything(i see tonnes of kids at shows). I myself am a die hard fan and would kill to see them play any of those songs you listed! Especially leash!. But I don't know if ill ever complain about hearing a song I love. The band is what it is to whoever is listening, die hard or not.

I count myself pretty damn lucky to have been able to see them twice this week and don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing any song. But hey that's me! I saw the foo fighters twice in a row on this tour they are doing and it was the EXACT same setlist as the previous show.Also Dave Grohl said the EXACT same speeches to the crowd. I'd take alive 39590584543 times before seeing the same show every time.
    Post edited by toddclancy on
  • Options
    the aggravation of the beer lines put me in a bad mood to begin with so I'm blaming that for my pissy attitude...lol cause the hits during PJ20 weekend and Toronto didn't bother me at all.

forgot this in my last post but I agree! those beer lines were terrible! I stood in one for 5 minutes and said forget it! Copps is a great place to see a concert(intimate) but it's not a very well run venue. Worked there for a few years and couldn't stand the place.
  • Options
    When they start to see signs or banners show up with the words "Even Flow" "Black" "Yellow Ledbetter" "Betterman" "Alive" "Jeremy" on them I think that'll let them know it's time to bring them back...lol

I wonder if there were any signs ever made for any of those?

Also for me Ledbetter is always associated with the end and I hate when good things end :(
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    toddclancy wrote:
    the aggravation of the beer lines put me in a bad mood to begin with so I'm blaming that for my pissy attitude...lol cause the hits during PJ20 weekend and Toronto didn't bother me at all.

forgot this in my last post but I agree! those beer lines were terrible! I stood in one for 5 minutes and said forget it! Copps is a great place to see a concert(intimate) but it's not a very well run venue. Worked there for a few years and couldn't stand the place.

Yeah they were nutso!

I stood in one for about 5 minutes too when I first entered, then decided I'd wait till the concert started to give it time to clear out.
    Well....as we know they NEVER cleared out. I ran up during mid Corduroy and didn't get back until (lucky me) Even Flow :lol: I freaking missed Immortality and Hail Hail 2 of my favorites!

I should have said fuck the beers but I kept seeing everyone around me drinking up and I wanted a couple BAD!

MY FAULT ENTIRELY !!!

If I ever go to Hamilton again I am going to try and smuggle something in.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    Zeebarf wrote:
    I read what you posted Golden Egg and I was thinking the exact same thing, the crowd in my section seemed pretty cold fish compared to the Toronto shows. I now realize I was in the same row as you, on the other side of MarkieMark, seats 7 and 8, haha.

I saw the whole thing go down between those guys in front of us. The one dude kept talking to his buddy at the other end of the row and passing beers back and forth and finally that bald guy lost it on them and a fight almost broke out. The rest of the show his buddy was giving the bald guy mad dog stares and I thought for sure something was going to happen. I gotta say that kind of chest thumping aggression at a Pearl Jam show seemed so out of place and really killed the vibe for me. Which was a shame because the band seemed to be on fire and if the seating had slightly shifted and I was behind Ike the dancing maniac like I have been for the past 8 years of tours then I probably would've ranked Hamilton my fav of the 3 shows I saw.

I haven't posted in years - literally. But when someone calls you a dancing maniac, you have to acknowledge the compliment :D
  • Options
    Smuggle it in next time. I was stupid and only smuggled one beer in. Why take 1 when you can take 2? They never even checked the back pockets.

I spent the entire time between Mudhuney and PJ in line for either the pisser or a beer. I got to the front of the line right when GTF started. Son of a bitch. Grabbed 1 for the wife and I and headed in in time to catch the end.

We had a pretty good buzz going, but it turned out great. Neither of us had to pee and I had a warm BL to drink during the encores! 8-) But really, I saw ALL of Even Flow for the first time in a lonnnng time.

I usually get great seats (147XXX) and was lotteryized to row 2 right in front of Stone. Can't thank the 10C enough. They've never let me down.

Hell of a show to pick.
    Kevin
  • Options

Also us die hards think about time and the time it takes to play all those hits is valuable time they could be busting out AWESOME songs that have barely been played. Those rarely played songs are just as good, if not better than what the radio and MTV deemed "hits"
    For instance...take a song like "All Those Yesterdays" played only 13 times
    "Bee Girl" 12 times - Breath 63 times - Bugs 1 time - Come Back 30 times Footsteps - 79 times Hard to imagine 33 times - Leash 114 - Low Light - 33 - Man of the Hour 40 - No way 10 - Of the girl 39 - Pilate 19 -Red Mosquito 69 - Rival 20 - Smile 56 - W.M.A. 87 - You are 60 - Fatal 4 times ect. ect. ect.

There are a ton more...I could go on an on and if new fans never get to hear different songs they'll never know what they're missing.

This band is so much more than those staple songs. All those staples are great great songs but they are so overplayed they do need a rest. If you can rest Fatal and all the rest of those great songs you can rest the overplayed staples for awhile I'd think. Even Flow 677 times!

I'm not sure but I think....most of the people attending most of the PJ shows are regulars anyway and I myself have spent thousands of dollars to follow along on tours since 1994. (I'd hate to know how much) So far they have been worth every penny even with the staples included. This year the staples did start to get to me in Hamilton, the aggravation of the beer lines put me in a bad mood to begin with so I'm blaming that for my pissy attitude...lol cause the hits during PJ20 weekend and Toronto didn't bother me at all.

This is still the best band on the planet even if they play even flow tonight

well that's my 2 cents anyway...

I think most of us in the 10C would love to have some "rarities" thrown in more frequently, but the fact is, 10C members only represent a portion of the audience. Most of the crowd aren't die hards. It's when PJ play songs like Jeremy, Alive, Evenflow, or Betterman that the arenas explode with energy. Who wouldn't want to stand on stage, play a few opening notes, and have an entire arena erupt in cheers?

We all have our right to criticize or complain, but sometimes, I think that people may not consider that the band may actually enjoy playing the "hits" more than some of the rarities we'd love to hear. I've read that McCready loves playing Evenflow and Eddie loves Corduroy. Why take that away from them, especially since both songs elicit such a strong response from the crowd.

Would I have preferred to have heard Alive once instead of three times this past week or Smile instead of Last Kiss? Absolutely. But, the three different friends I took each got to hear Alive and I got Present Tense, Lights Years, Sad, Immortality, Chloe/Crown of Thorns, Brain of J, Long Road, Faithfull, Garden, Off He Goes, etc. etc., along the way.

And you're right, those beer lines in Hamilton would put anyone in a pissy mood. I didn't even bother. :)
  • Options
    I got 1 beer before mud honey was on stage....saw the lines later and passed, they looked horrible
  • Options
    ***Disclaimer: I know not everyone will agree with my opinions, and that's alright with me. That's the point of your own personal fanview. :D ***

That whole day, pre-party and all, was more than I hoped for. I have been following the band for 20 years and this was my very first show, ever. It was amazing to be in a place where almost everyone there felt the same as I do about Pearl Jam. This was my dream set list. Yes, every single song. Why? Simply because Pearl Jam was playing.

Given to Fly was the perfect song to open, in my opinion, as it represents where I am in my life now. As they played on, I was taken through a journey of my last 20 years. Oh, what an incredible two decades I have had! At times, I would look around the whole stadium soaking it in, wondering what those songs meant for each of those people. Did they have the same meaning as they do for me? Which moments where each of those songs tied to, for them? I find it incredible how a band can connect us that way.

I am sure many of you have heard "PJ saved my life". But, they really did save mine. It was 20 years ago this very month, that I was planning on "not sticking around". Sitting in my room, at 15, listening to the radio...waiting for the right moment...then Jeremy came on. That was it. Jeremy gave me a voice, which gave me the strength to pull through. So, for the last 20 years since then, whenever I have needed it, a Pearl Jam song finds it way to me, and helps me push through.

This moment in time has been burned into my soul, just like my wedding day and the birth of my child. I will relish it forever.

Thank you, Pearl Jam. JUST FOR BEING. That's been more than enough for me.

:thumbup:
    I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    400_EdHamilton11D.jpg

** LOTTERY WINNER **

Floor. Row 1. Seat 18 (between Ed & Stone)

Still pinching myself if it was all but a dream that happened inside The Copps Coliseum that night. After another great Wishlist Foundation Pre Party, we went straight to pick up our 10club tickets. Little shaky at first but calm when I went straight up to the 10club booth. It was weird cause there was no line up when I picked up my tickets under the L's. Every other show on the tour I had to wait 5-10 minutes or so. Went up to the lovely lady and passed her my diver's license. She looked for my ticket for a few seconds. When she pulled it out she told me to sign the ticket casing. Then out of the blue she said "Congratulations, your in the front row!!!" My eyes were in a state of shock. I almost fainted. Bro went nuts. Few around us were clapping. Couldn't move for a few seconds. We headed straight to the merchandise table to pick up a poster. The clerk @ the booth said they were sold out and that 100 more will be back after the show. So we went straight to our seats to catch Mudhoney play. I was pretty weak when I walked all the way to the front of the floor. Telling myself "Is this really happening? Me? Front row seats to Pearl Jam? Between Ed & Stone? MAMA MIA!!!!!" Security lady grabbed my hand & added this funky wrist band on me then took us to our seats. When we got there there was only 2 other fan's up in the front row. We pretty much freaked out.

Mudhoney played another great set. Mark was always coming up to us above the front speakers. We meet 7 times on tour. Took a few cool pics of him back @ the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto (pics on my Facebook page). It was awesome!!! Then the magic began. PEARL JAM!!! Can tell you this there were many MANY eye wicks and happy stares from Ed that night that my soul pretty much lost it. Out of the 3 times he threw pics at me, the girl on the right got one of them, bro on the left got one, then later I got a Mike pic. Wish I had an empty drinking cup cause the guy 2 left's of me got some wine poured by Ed. The bottle though was passed around from Mike's side. Never got to go straight down to Stones side. D'oh! But it's all good!! From start to finish I pretty much lost it. Went nuts on Why Go & Habit and dance the hell out of myself all night. A night I'll never forget.

After the show The Rob came up to me and asked what I thought. I don't even remember what I said. I was pretty much lost with excitement. Couldn't think what to say cause it's something I've never experience before. Still trying to take in all that happiness inside.

Thank you so much Pearl Jam!!! That night coming home I pretty much cried my eyes out. It was my last Pearl Jam show of the year, maybe! After 5 amazing Wishlist Foundation Pre Parties & 5 amazing Pearl Jam shows, I didn't want it to end. But there always come an end to something so beautiful. Can't thank you enough.

Take care & see you next time, :)

demetrios

400_PearlJamHamilton11FrontRow.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    demetrios wrote:
    400_EdHamilton11D.jpg

** LOTTERY WINNER **

Still pinching myself if it was all but a dream that happened inside The Copps Coliseum that night. After another great Wishlist Foundation Pre Party, we went straight to pick up our 10club tickets. Little shaky at first but calm when I went straight up to the 10club booth. It was weird cause there was no line up when I picked up my tickets under the L's. Every other show on the tour I had to wait 5-10 minutes or so. Went up to the lovely lady and passed her my diver's license. She looked for my ticket for a few seconds. When she pulled it out she told me to sign the ticket casing. Then out of the blue she said "Congratulations, your in the front row!!!" My eyes were in a state of shock. I almost fainted. Bro went nuts. Few around us were clapping. Couldn't move for a few seconds. We headed straight to the merchandise table to pick up a poster. The clerk @ the booth said they were sold out and that 100 more will be back after the show. So we went straight to our seats to catch Mudhoney play. I was pretty weak when I walked all the way to the front of the floor. Telling myself "Is this really happening? Me? Front row seats to Pearl Jam? Between Ed & Stone? MAMA MIA!!!!!" Security lady grabbed my hand & added this funky wrist band on me then took us to our seats. When we got there there was only 2 other fan's up in the front row. We pretty much freaked out.

Mudhoney played another great set. Mark was always coming up to us above the front speakers. We meet 7 times on tour. Took a few cool pics of him back @ the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto (pics on my Facebook page). It was awesome!!! Then the magic began. PEARL JAM!!! Can tell you this there were many MANY eye wicks and happy stares from Ed that night that my soul pretty much lost it. Out of the 3 times he threw pics at me, the girl on the right got one of them, bro on the left got one, then later I got a Mike pic. Wish I had an empty drinking cup cause the guy 2 left's of me got some wine poured by Ed. The bottle though was passed around from Mike's side. Never got to go straight down to Stones side. D'oh! But it's all good!! From start to finish I pretty much lost it. Went nuts on Why Go & Habit and dance the hell out of myself all night. A night I'll never forget.

After the show The Rob came up to me and asked what I thought. I don't even remember what I said. I was pretty much lost with excitement. Couldn't think what to say cause it's something I've never experience before. Still trying to take in all that happiness inside.

Thank you so much Pearl Jam!!! That night coming home I pretty much cried my eyes out. It was my last Pearl Jam show of the year, maybe! After 5 amazing Wishlist Foundation Pre Parties & 5 amazing Pearl Jam shows, I didn't want it to end. But there always come an end to something so beautiful. Can't thank you enough.

demetrios

:thumbup: :clap:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    400_EdHamilton11D.jpg

** LOTTERY WINNER **

demetrios

I hate you. Congratulations :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    400_EdHamilton11D.jpg

** LOTTERY WINNER **

demetrios

I couldn't have picked a better fan to have won the lottery that night!!! I am still so HAPPY for you D!! Congratulations my awesome friend!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    400_EdHamilton11D.jpg

** LOTTERY WINNER **

demetrios

this rules! congrats.
  • Options
    Artist Edition Variant:
    PJHamilton2011variant.jpg

Did any of you guy's see the variant print for sale @ the merchandise tables?
  • Options
    I will try and keep my review of the Hamilton show brief....

- The crowd sucked. I sat in 10C seats on Stone's side and the majority of people were standing there like a lump of coal. As a Hamiltonian who saw my 20th show last night, I want to apologize on behalf of my city. Toronto, your crowd made us look like losers.

- Ed drank too much tonight. He was in a great mood, but sounded better in Toronto.
    - Boom absolutely sucked tonight... which is rare because he is usually on fire. Half the time he wasn't even on stage and during crazy mary his solo was the worst I have ever heard. Thankfully Mike was teasing him and trying his hardest to get Boom going.

- Stone, Jeff and Mike were awesome. Matt didn't blow me away tonight, but he was still very good.

- The beer lines were ridiculous... so bad that I didn't even drink during the show. HECFI, you guys continue to suck at organizing anything.

- I enjoyed the set and loved seeing Immortality, Nothingman and Brain of J!

- To anyone who disagrees with me about the crowd being lame, all you need to do was look around during "Alive" and half the people had no clue about the fist pumping. Too many overnight fans.

- All in all, this show comes nowhere close to Hamilton 2005. Mark my words, PJ will never play in Hamilton again. Never.

- A huge Thank you to the Toronto and Wisconsin crowds, you guys were awesome. Again, to PJ, Management and the road crew, I apologize for Hamilton being lame tonight.

let me be brief...you're wrong :D

I'm entitled to my opinion and the crowd wasn't "GREAT" tonight. My section sucked. I'm disappointed in the 10C fans that were sitting with me. This is definately an aging crowd.
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    WhoopWhoop Posts: 31
    demetrios wrote:
    400_EdHamilton11D.jpg

** LOTTERY WINNER **

demetrios

Very good stuff indeed. :D

Highlight of the night for me was the tribute to Johnny Ramone.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Artist Edition Variant:

I loved both posters...next time maybe. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    Whoop wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    400_EdHamilton11D.jpg

** LOTTERY WINNER **

demetrios

Very good stuff indeed. :D

Highlight of the night for me was the tribute to Johnny Ramone.

I got goosebumps on that song! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgU8emHWUmQ
  • Options
    WhoopWhoop Posts: 31
    Another video of that moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSkIbl78FI
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Artist Edition Variant:

I loved both posters...next time maybe. :mrgreen:

I do too! I only got to see one merchandise table and that was on the floor at the back heading out. Just the reg edition print was for sale. Only after the tour did I find out about these variant prints were sold @ the show's. D'oh!