Options

* * * 2011 Rugby World Cup * * *

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    tinkerbell wrote:
    WOO HOO IRELAND!!! :D

Goes to show that there aren't as many certainties as we all thought. The All Blacks face France this week, our arch enemies in the World Cup, I hope the AB's kick some French ass. Well done to Wales too :)

ireland arent ever a pushover. disappointed sure i am but hey! whatever its not the end. mowing the yanks into the ground should bring the smile back. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    All Blacks 37 - France 17

Both awesome (because we won, and it was France, who knocked us out in the quarterfinals at the last world cup), and sucky, because it means we will almost certainly be facing either South Africa or Australia in the semis. But still, excellent game. Not as close as I was expecting, but still exciting.

Also, the French had hilarious shorts.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    My sister messaged me from nz saying she saw the all blaCks at Auckland airport. She was pretty excited.

Go wallabies.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161

Both awesome (because we won, and it was France, who knocked us out in the quarterfinals at the last world cup), and sucky, because it means we will almost certainly be facing either South Africa or Australia in the semis. But still, excellent game. Not as close as I was expecting, but still exciting.

It was a great game - for the first 15 mins I thought we might have a close game on our hands... but then hehe. The French looked weird all in white - had a good purve when one of them changed shorts at the beginning of the match and had Axl Rose white bike pants underneath :?

Canada this weekend 60+ points maybe??

Oh and GO THE WARRIORS!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    tinkerbell wrote:

It was a great game - for the first 15 mins I thought we might have a close game on our hands... but then hehe. The French looked weird all in white - had a good purve when one of them changed shorts at the beginning of the match and had Axl Rose white bike pants underneath :?

Canada this weekend 60+ points maybe??

Oh and GO THE WARRIORS!!

I can't believe this, but I am cheering on the Warriors too... I hate Manly, the only people going for Manly here are Manly supporters. Warriors are getting a lot of backing here, even for a NZ team. But they are the under-dogs and we aussies always back an underdog...

Plus I am going to the grandfinal with a manly supporter... would love to see the silver spoons lose...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Have fun at the final! I'm not a big league fan but my husband is. I wont be watching it cos I'll be on my way to see Chris Cornell in Wellington :D
  • Options
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Have fun at the final! I'm not a big league fan but my husband is. I wont be watching it cos I'll be on my way to see Chris Cornell in Wellington :D

yeah i wont be watching either... though i dont have chris cornell as an excuse.... i just dont care enough. NRL grand finals bore me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    tinkerbell wrote:

yeah i wont be watching either... though i dont have chris cornell as an excuse.... i just dont care enough. NRL grand finals bore me.

NRL bores me! ;)
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    uhhh ... for those who want to learn more about the game (particularly the guys) ... here is a great instructional video ... ;):lol::lol:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... girls.html
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    So . . . who's watching? And who are you cheering for?

Cheering for Canada of course; but also for New Zealand (for sentimental reasons) :mrgreen:

Btw, really enjoyed the opening ceremony. Great Job NZ :thumbup: :clap: Really looking forward to watching the tournament (even if the games start at zero-dark-stupid here ;):mrgreen:

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/standings/index.html

TEAMS

Pool A: New Zealand, France, Tonga, Canada, Japan

Pool B: Argentina, England, Scotland, Georgia, Romania

Pool C: Australia, Ireland, Italy, Russia, United States

Pool D: South Africa, Wales, Fiji, Samoa, Namibia.

Love rugby! Started watching when i was living in south africa, was in the country when they had the world cup (95) which was awesome, jonah lomu anyone? After i saw him run, i was hooked... 8-)

My teams are Canada and new zealand...who are playing each other next :D

Commentators are already saying how canada is going to lose and whats its face aint gonna beat france so we are pretty much out of the world cup.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    GO ABs! GO ALL BLACKS! GO NEW ZEALAND!is just all I wanted to say!! 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:

High five :D
  • Options
    Carn the Wallabies...

Looks like its going to get interesting really soon if Italy doesn't beat Ireland...

QF Wallabies Vs South Africa

SF Wallabies Vs NZ

Final Wallabies Vs ?

I bet Kiwis and South Africans are hoping Italy beat Ireland so they won't have to face Australia until the final (if all makes it)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    tinkerbell wrote:
    morello wrote:

High five :D
    Back at ya!! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    dear all blacks ... please take it easy on canada and keep it under triple digits ... thanks for your consideration ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    dear all blacks ... please take it easy on canada and keep it under triple digits ... thanks for your consideration ...

no chance... the all blacks dont know the meaning of go easy... but i understand your pain.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

no chance... the all blacks dont know the meaning of go easy... but i understand your pain.

maybe they need to rest their first, second and third string players for the next round? ... :?
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

No worries dude...i think we will put up a solid battle :D throw some hockey fighting into the mix, the all blacks suck, :P
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

No worries dude...i think we will put up a solid battle :D throw some hockey fighting into the mix, the all blacks suck, :P
    :evil:
    <hr>
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

i watched a bit of canada vs. japan ... we are not very good ... :lol: ... we will be destroyed! ... :lol:

edit: i've been to NZ 3 times ... beautiful country ... don't mind losing to that nation ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

i watched a bit of canada vs. japan ... we are not very good ... :lol: ... we will be destroyed! ... :lol:

edit: i've been to NZ 3 times ... beautiful country ... don't mind losing to that nation ...

and what our country is not beautiful? Why,...why do you hate freedom? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsXTa7UC ... ata_player

Ever see him play back in the day? Brilliant stuff,
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    and what our country is not beautiful? Why,...why do you hate freedom? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsXTa7UC ... ata_player

Ever see him play back in the day? Brilliant stuff,

Jonah was great on offense but pretty shit on defense. My husband marked him in a game in 2000.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    maybe they need to rest their first, second and third string players for the next round? ... :?

3rd string might mean my husband gets a run on.... he trialed back in the day and could well have been an All Black if he had chosen to commit to the training and lifestyle. Those guys are machines. He much prefers to play club and smoke up with his mates these days. 8-)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Thanks Tonga!! They said it could not be done, those fools :D
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    i think im going to put money on the final being south africa vs ireland
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    tinkerbell wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

well new zealand has lost carter and the reports are that mccaw is playing through a broken foot,

also i fancy ireland to beat wales, france are imploding and we are englands bogey team
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

well new zealand has lost carter and the reports are that mccaw is playing through a broken foot,

also i fancy ireland to beat wales, france are imploding and we are englands bogey team

The talk about McCaw is just that talk, it's not a broken foot it's the screws in his foot which are niggly. We will be fine without Carter. I think Ireland will beat Wales and England should beat France but I have a feeling that Aussie might just step up (that is definitely the hardest 1/4 final match up). Should be an exciting few weekends :)
  • Options
    Holy fuck shit... it's been a while since I've been so excited and nervous about a match. The house is gonna get a super cleaning tonight :mrgreen:

The lads at work were saying England should have the beating of Ireland (if we were to beat Wales and they beat France) and I had the pleasure of reminding them that they may be better than us in the rankings but we've still beaten them in most games in recent years so they shouldn't be so smug as we're better than them really. Also, this may well be the first time Ireland have hit form at the right time. May the best team win tomorrow. Whatever happens, I just hope that it's not down to a ref blunder or a disallowed try or sin bin or something. Hoping for a positive epic match. I'm gonna get so hammered in the morning :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you