Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Join the club, Mickey!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,954
    Lizard wrote:
    Join the club, Mickey!
    Was already a member!! Someone here made me an offer that was really difficult to refuse!! Damn, being responsible sucks!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Join the club, Mickey!
    Was already a member!! Someone here made me an offer that was really difficult to refuse!! Damn, being responsible sucks!!

yea, it does. But you might not have enjoyed yourself there worrying about if you would have gone.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I don't really care that much either. I only started the thread after someone suggested the need for those of us not going to band together.

I live in New Zealand - Pearl Jam has only been here 3 times in the last 20 years, I have only seen them once, that's just life. For me to go to WI would cost the same as a deposit on a house. I get jealous of you all who have seen them multiple times but it's not the end of the world. I hope everyone has a great weekend, whether you are going to PJ20 or bed bath & beyond. :)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Thanks to tinkerbell for starting this thread for us poor unfortunates! :lol:

As far as I know, I'll work on staying out of the unbelievable heat we're having here. Maybe my prince and I will take in a movie.

your prince - that is so sweet! :D
    Ah well he's a prince of a guy! :D

I don't know how many people will be at PJ20 but I think it's safe to say that there's an equally large number of people who won't be. Expensive to travel, other responsibilities, whatever. Those of us in the won't be category are left to celebrate the mundane! :P :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    So far, other than work I've no plans on saturday. As for sunday, I've got to work then I'll be attending my friend's annual labour day barbeque, FLESHFEST...complete with a keg.
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    I have to be honest here. I was devastated for a long time, knowing that I wasn't going to be able to make it to PJ20. I live in California, and I have been fortunate enough to have been able to travel pretty far in the past to see the boys. I once went as far as Europe to see them, as well as Canada. However, this time around I just didn't have the financial means to travel. I work as an inclusion/shadow aide for a local elementary school out here, and in the past I was lucky enough to work summer school as well. This summer the district cut back on summer school hours, and so I didn't work enough during the summer to help pay for PJ20.

I had so much other stuff going on recently (been feeling so down and out lately), that I think the fact that I knew I was going to miss PJ20 just added to everything else that was bringing me down. However, now that I am back working I have been feeling so much better. I have had to battle some dark times recently, and I thought going to PJ20 would help ease that pain. The reality is- life goes on, and I can't let me missing it get me down. There will be other shows that I go to, and I have to convince myself that it just wasn't meant to be (as far as me attending). I don't think I will look back somewhere down the road and still be devastated about not attending. I believe life is too short to worry about little things like that, especially since I have already had some amazing moments when it comes to experiencing Pearl Jam live
  • PRL1JAM wrote:
    I have to be honest here. I was devastated for a long time, knowing that I wasn't going to be able to make it to PJ20. I live in California, and I have been fortunate enough to have been able to travel pretty far in the past to see the boys. I once went as far as Europe to see them, as well as Canada. However, this time around I just didn't have the financial means to travel. I work as an inclusion/shadow aide for a local elementary school out here, and in the past I was lucky enough to work summer school as well. This summer the district cut back on summer school hours, and so I didn't work enough during the summer to help pay for PJ20.

I had so much other stuff going on recently (been feeling so down and out lately), that I think the fact that I knew I was going to miss PJ20 just added to everything else that was bringing me down. However, now that I am back working I have been feeling so much better. I have had to battle some dark times recently, and I thought going to PJ20 would help ease that pain. The reality is- life goes on, and I can't let me missing it get me down. There will be other shows that I go to, and I have to convince myself that it just wasn't meant to be (as far as me attending). I don't think I will look back somewhere down the road and still be devastated about not attending. I believe life is too short to worry about little things like that, especially since I have already had some amazing moments when it comes to experiencing Pearl Jam live

Amen to this.. I am in the same boat.. I finally got a job this year and I work this weekend, and as it draws nearer, I get more and more sad.. but I have their Induction to look forward to, and THAT I WILL NOT MISS!! I have a savings account just FOR that!! ( by the way, the bank account agent looked at me so funny when she asked what I wanted to name the second account, and I said. "The Pearl Jam induction trip fund")So I figure I have five years of opportunities to go see them live, to build up to their induction..PLUS I just bought my Basketball vinyl FINALLY, after YEARS of hunting it down..so it sorta makes up for not getting to go.. but I Still think this person is right, some things are just not meant to happen, and apparently I was NOT meant to get to go see PJ's tenth OR twentieth anniversary concerts..
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Plans ... not much

The Georgia Bulldogs are playing their first game Saturday night... we'll watch....
    GO DAWGS!

Pool on Labor Day unless we are lucky enough to finally get some rain....
    rain prayers for the parched South

and we are getting the house ready to sell so we have way too many chores for a holiday weekend

and last but definitely not least....

missing PJ :(